since when NO Antigua?

We're going to Antigua on the Breeze in January 2016!! :D It's the 2nd half of a B2B for us and I can't wait to see a new island (for me anyway, never been to Antigua before).

When I sailed Victory out of San Juan in May 2009, it was a port every day (St Thomas, St Kitts, Antigua, Dominica, Barbados, and St Lucia). Fabulous, but exhausting.

Shortly after that, Carnival stopped calling at Dominica. When they switched ships and/or cut out a day from the itinerary, I think they dropped Antigua, too, and maybe substituted St Martin. I don't remember exactly. It's been a while.

I booked the Conquest repo from San Juan to Miami (November 2013) specifically because it was calling at Dominica but also Antigua.

Booked the Splendor repo from San Juan to Miami (November 2014) to call at Dominica and Martinique (which Carnival had dropped many years ago).

One reason I love the 1-way cruises is you tend to get much more interesting and unique itineraries.

And it's why I booked the Sunshine Journeys sailing from Port Canaveral to San Juan (I do love San Juan). 11 nights with 8 ports (including Dominica and Antigua and new-to-me Tortola).

when did Carnival stop going to Antigua and Tortola ?

I know they have before, but i was checking to see what ships go there now..and NONE showed up..

:mad::mad:

Hi Montana,

Try these helpful links:

http://www.carnival.com/cruise-to/caribbean-cruises/antigua-cruises.aspx

http://www.carnival.com/cruise-to/caribbean-cruises/tortola-cruises.aspx

Happy sailing!

KevInPitt

Although I don't see it on many trip itineraries, it does pop up on a few. It looks like people have already supplied you with the link that I was going to give you. If you ever want to look for a specific port of call you can search that way on Carnival's web site.

when did Carnival stop going to Antigua and Tortola ?

I know they have before, but i was checking to see what ships go there now..and NONE showed up..

:mad::mad:

Carnival still goes to Antigua just not on a weekly basis by any means.

They dropped Tortola as a port when Tortola signed a special port deal with Disney & NCL, giving them preferential treatment.

ok, someone please help..i tried both of these links, and punched in Jan 2017-March 2017, places to visit Antigue ... and it says no matches

what am i doing wrong

ok, someone please help..i tried both of these links, and punched in Jan 2017-March 2017, places to visit Antigue ... and it says no matches

what am i doing wrong

Make sure you're spelling it right. Antigua. With an A at the end.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

what am i doing wrong

I think that's where you're running into the problem. You're looking at 2017. I just looked through all the 2017 caribbean cruises and I don't see any that go to Antigua either. But, Carnival hasn't released all of the schedule for most of the ships yet. I think the only ones they have released are the ones that they announced that they were moving. I'm not sure when the rest of the 2017 schedule will be out, but that would be the time to look.

Make sure you're spelling it right. Antigua. With an A at the end.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

I did punch it in right...it gave me a list of places i wanted to visit...opps a slip of the typing on my part, but not when i was looking it up

what am i doing wrong

You're likely not doing anything wrong necessarily. There are itineraries through November 2016 which include an Antigua port of call.

You are likely looking for 2017 dates that haven't been released yet. It would be unlikely, given the offerings in 2015 and 2016, that there would be no offerings in 2017.

Patience, my good neighbor to the north, patience. :)