Island Princess Lobster & Steak

azgrandmax3

Can someone please inform me regarding the Lobster & Steak dinner in MDR. We will be doing the Ft Lauderdale to LA in Feb. Wondering when to expect this meal? I suspect it would be a formal night. But which one? Planning when and when not to go to the Grill.

Thanks in advance.

Lobster is one night, but not with steak. Surf and Turf is steak and large shrimp. It's better than the lobster, IMO. Crown Grill you can get lobster and steak together.

Agreed. The shrimp is better than the lobster (and surprisingly close in size :rolleyes:). The lobster tails are quite small and definitely not the best.

If you eat at Crown Grill ask them to give you lobster with your steak. I think the last time I asked them to add lobster to my meal they brought maybe 6 small tails. If I had wanted more they would have just brought more.

My understanding is that you can order anything on the menu in the MDR, including extra appetizers, salads, mains, and desserts. Since both lobster and steak are offered on the second formal night usually, I don't see why the poster could not order both items.

My understanding is that you can order anything on the menu in the MDR, including extra appetizers, salads, mains, and desserts. Since both lobster and steak are offered on the second formal night usually, I don't see why the poster could not order both items.

It can very easily be done. I've done it a few times.

I'm back recently from the Ruby to Alaska.

The surf and turf shrimp for us were run of the mill everyday kind of shrimp and disappointing.

The following evening, the lobster dinner was accompanied by two large tiger prawns which were very good and should have gone with the filet mignon the night before.

King crab legs were also served during surf and turf so the surf part can be improved dramatically by ordering the king crab legs.

My husband and I had a fabulous "surf and turf" dinner at The Bayou on the Island Princess. The Maine lobster was to die for as was the steak. It was far and away the best meal I'd ever had on a Princess ship up to that point. I've since dined in the Crown Grill on another ship (who remembers which one), and that was also very very good. But I think the Island still wins.