An extremely delayed Royal Princess wedding review

princess*bride

My husband and I knew we wanted something simple and stress free. We chose the Royal Princess and had 27 guests sail with us last December. Everything about it was perfect. The wedding coordinator met with us on the first day and went through all of the pre-selected details. We requested to have the ceremony outside and they were very accommodating. The reception was at the Wheelhouse Bar and it received rave reviews!

A cruise wedding is not for the type A or glitzy bride. We wanted to focus on family and would do it again in a heartbeat. There were no distractions, no running around last minute, none of the typical wedding stress. The only regret is that we didn't purchase the cd of proofs.ImageUploadedByForums1437785435.581545.jpg.a36b08960398f72b23ade15c8120ff98.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1437785160.712081.jpg.643c82472d8f9c4ba97fabfecdce0557.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1437785175.706727.jpg.7ced6bfc65c1732ec0c56fb08cc3683a.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1437785218.384046.jpg.f2b090045fb027d9a59a4a01307528b1.jpg

Edited by princess*bride

Congratulations and best wishes for a long and happy life together. Can't think of a better way to start than being married on the lovely Royal Princess. Glad everything went well for you. I've been very impressed by the staff and service on the Royal.

Congratulations! Gorgeous wedding!

I've been seriously looking in this as well for possibly October 2016/17 on the Regal. All the family is NYC/NJ based so this makes the most sense in terms of location for a harbor-side wedding on a ship.

Very happy to hear everything went smoothly, and your guests had a pleasant experience.:)

Edited by AlaskaGolden

Thank you for all of sweet comments! I wanted to give a very quick review. Alaskagolden, I highly recommend Princess for your wedding. They made it so easy and we felt so special. It is basically a wedding by numbers (pick option 1, 2, or 3) which we loved. We only gave our guests 4 months notice and said we'd love for you to come but completely understand if you can't. Neither of us had been married before and we are in our early 30's.

Thank you for all of sweet comments! I wanted to give a very quick review. Alaskagolden, I highly recommend Princess for your wedding. They made it so easy and we felt so special. It is basically a wedding by numbers (pick option 1, 2, or 3) which we loved. We only gave our guests 4 months notice and said we'd love for you to come but completely understand if you can't. Neither of us had been married before and we are in our early 30's.

Yes, it seems a bit like an old Chinese Restaurant Food Menu :rolleyes:. But that's OK, it just makes it easier. Did you choose everything for the guests in terms of food choices for the sit down reception, or did Princess allow them to choose? If we have to chose then we'd go fish since some don't eat meat, but everyone eats fish. We plan to do a cocktail hour with some meat selections for the meat eaters of the family. I doubt anyone will starve!

I through from the title that you had waited until your 50th wedding anniversary to give the review, lol. No just kidding and it is my weird mind. Bets wishes for a happy life together. My wedding was at Ft. DeRussy, Hawaii many moons ago, but I did not wear my uniform. Pics look great.

Alaskagolden,

We went with a cocktail reception with passed appetizers (I can't spell that fancy term) because it was during a sail day in the middle of the cruise. It sounds like you are considering doc side which makes more sense to have a sit down meal.

Alaskagolden,

We went with a cocktail reception with passed appetizers (I can't spell that fancy term) because it was during a sail day in the middle of the cruise. It sounds like you are considering doc side which makes more sense to have a sit down meal.

Thank you for all your replies! It would be terrific to have all of the family join us on the cruise, but I'm not too sure everyone would be into that. Plus, I think we'd wind-up paying for some of the close family members to join us on the cruise which would be OK, but certainly adds to the cruise/wedding costs! :)

We are thinking of one hour cocktail reception with passed hors d'oeuvres (hope that's the right spelling!) with a couple of stations followed by a two hour sit down lunch/reception. If we start at 11:00 or 11:30 AM with the ceremony, I think we can get all of that in by the time the non-sailing guests have to leave the ship which I think is around 3 PM if the ship sails at 5 PM based on the BVE we did 5 years ago in Brooklyn.

Edited by AlaskaGolden