Sojourn Med Review - Our First Seabourn Cruise

Sunprince

I find nothing wrong with block parties and have joined them and met other people on our floor.

I understand if you don't like them, don't go!

I hope Seabourn has a block party on our next cruise this fall.

Our last cruise on the Quest everyone, who was present, certainly seemed to enjoy themselves.

One man's opinion.

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you for the wonderful review. I've heard of the infamous block parties but never experienced one...are they announced ahead of time?

Yes, in the daily bulletin that you receive in the morning.

I agree - we escaped our deck but ended up getting caught in another deck's block party! Not my cup of tea!

We were on Odyssey in May-- we loved the block party -- thought it was a great idea-- and for those that don't like it, they can always stay in their cabins, as some apparently do. We chatted with our fellow passengers for about 20 minutes and then needed to scurry off to a reception.

We were on Odyssey in May-- we loved the block party -- thought it was a great idea-- and for those that don't like it, they can always stay in their cabins, as some apparently do. We chatted with our fellow passengers for about 20 minutes and then needed to scurry off to a reception.

Personally my husband and I don't like them. I have no trouble chatting with people on a cruise but have never liked forced small talk.

If you happen to be trying to leave or return to your cabin and haven't timed it correctly you are caught out. One time I was returning to my cabin and had to smile nicely and excuse myself to a group of people as they were standing near our door. I couldn't stay as we were meeting people in the club and it takes a while to make myself look decent. It was awkward and I got the impression these people felt snubbed. They never smiled and said hello again when I passed in the corridor.

Maybe it was the way I handled it but I wish I hadn't been put in that situation. I also don't think it is fair to feel trapped in your cabin if you don't want to participate.

Julie

This gives you ample time to plan ahead and hide in your suite until the storm has passed.

This block party nonsense is rubbish.

You just don't like the fact that you're the only person on deck 1 who doesn't speak Filipino. Up on deck 2 we have a great time :)

Henry :)

You just don't like the fact that you're the only person on deck 1 who doesn't speak Filipino. Up on deck 2 we have a great time :)

Henry :)

On our Seabourn Odyssey trip, there was a wonderful drinks server named Henry who was British-- such a lively and fun guy! That you, Henry?

On our Seabourn Odyssey trip, there was a wonderful drinks server named Henry who was British-- such a lively and fun guy! That you, Henry?

Lively, fun. Not me I'm afraid.

Miserable, grumpy but incredibly good looking. That's me :)

I look forward to meeting my namesake....

Henry (the other one) :)

+1 for Henry. A great guy and an asset to Seabourn.

Yes, Henry is a total asset to Seabourn, he was everywhere and such fun and yes, good looking, although "Henry 2" admits to being good-looking, but claims to be miserable and grumpy, must be our Henry.

Nah, as in "our" Henry is "the" Henry--- not miserable and grumpy at all. Probably the most fun takes place on the crew decks, 1 and 2, as Henry alluded to. Just like on "Titanic" the most fun (the dance ) was on the lower decks, but this isn't the best movie for anyone about to sail to think about. :)