Good Lawyer in Orlando recomendation please

phillipahain

Can anyone recomend a really good Lawyer experienced in RTAs who can be relied upon to actually communicate with their clients

Our daughter was injured in RTA outside DisneyWorld in May

The lawyer we had got uppity and quit just because we desperately needed answers in order to get her treatment here and the guilty drivers insurance co are ignoring the mounting bills

go to www.martindale.com

this is a free service that lists and rates lawyers and its a non-advertising type deal, meaning the lawyers can't pay to have better ratings. AV is the best rating you can get A designates ability, goes down to D and V is the highest ethical rating.

You can search in location and practice area.

Good luck

Can anyone recomend a really good Lawyer experienced in RTAs who can be relied upon to actually communicate with their clients

Our daughter was injured in RTA outside DisneyWorld in May

The lawyer we had got uppity and quit just because we desperately needed answers in order to get her treatment here and the guilty drivers insurance co are ignoring the mounting bills

I don't know what an RTA is, but since moving to Florida, I have found out that Florida is a no fault state for the medical part of auto accidents. There are exceptions to this - I think they are all permanent disabilities. And I have no idea how it works when a driver isn't from Florida. Good Luck.

If you are a non florida resident and you get injured its a nightmare i can tell you

Rental Cars coverage is only $10K and as a non resident you cant increase it

Daughters car was hit head on by a stupid woman driving round a bend too fast in heavy rain and crossed centre line

Medical bills already top $16K and daughter is faced with spinal fusion so no option but to have a lawyer and sue the guilty driver who was charged with careless driving

You indicate an address of both the UK and USA. If you have auto insurance somewhere in the USA, make sure you reported the claim to your own insurance company too because you may have first party benefits available to you such as Personal Injury Protection (PIP), Medical Payments Coverage and/or Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage.

Second of all, while the rental car may have only had $10,000 in liability coverage on it, the driver may have additional liability coverage on her personal auto policy, from where she was from. If the car was rented in Florida then normally the driver's liability insurance is primary and the rental car company's coverage excess. Keep in mind that liability insurance only pays when the Release is ready to be signed. So they are not going to pay for her medical bills up front. They just get added in to the total value of her claim. I've assumed here your daughter was struck by a rental car, and was not in the rental car herself. If this backwards, let me know.

Keep in mind that a lawyer will take one-third of your settlement and closer to 40% if suit has to be filed. If there is only $10,000 in liability coverage then you're going to get it anyway without a lawyer. A lawyer can be helpful though in helping to locate other coverage that might be out there.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer and cannot give legal advice.

BobK/Orlando

Archived