Book CruiseNext Ultimate as soon as you buy a CruiseNext certificate

fstuff1

Just back from Breakaway. Booked two cruises: one inside cabin and second cruise ocean view.

Next ultimate has a reduced package for inside. For example- instead of UBP, they offer soda package. Somewhere I read on cc that they give the "ultimate" promotion AND the current outside promotion. This is NOT the case. My apologies if this has been clarified recently, but I have been out of touch cruising[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. I think some have been wondering about this, including myself.

Just back from Breakaway. Booked two cruises: one inside cabin and second cruise ocean view.

Next ultimate has a reduced package for inside. For example- instead of UBP, they offer soda package. Somewhere I read on cc that they give the "ultimate" promotion AND the current outside promotion. This is NOT the case. My apologies if this has been clarified recently, but I have been out of touch cruising[emoji3]

Thanks for the insides info! I was really hoping that the ultimate thing would mean that I could get an inside+UBP.

Oh well ... I guess it's not meant to be.

I do have another question about FCC, if someone can help me ...

If I put down 500 $ for 2 FCCs, what happens next? Do I get some kind of code that I can use when I book my next cruise online?

Thing is, I know when I'll be cruising next, but as of right now NCL.eu is cheaper for me than booking through the US. I guess if I do Cruise Next Ultimate, I would pay the US price?

I would like to secure the booking rather sooner than later and I will be on the Jade two weeks from now. If I get my FCC on the first or second day, could I book my next cruise myself the next day or do I have to wait until the FCC shows up somewhere? Thanks!

Do you have a screenshot of something that actually spells out you keep the promo when you change date/ship, etc.? Usually when they rebook you, you don't get to keep your perks, do you? Just whatever promo is running at the time of rebooking.

Thanks for the insides info! I was really hoping that the ultimate thing would mean that I could get an inside+UBP.

Oh well ... I guess it's not meant to be.

I do have another question about FCC, if someone can help me ...

If I put down 500 $ for 2 FCCs, what happens next? Do I get some kind of code that I can use when I book my next cruise online?

Thing is, I know when I'll be cruising next, but as of right now NCL.eu is cheaper for me than booking through the US. I guess if I do Cruise Next Ultimate, I would pay the US price?

I would like to secure the booking rather sooner than later and I will be on the Jade two weeks from now. If I get my FCC on the first or second day, could I book my next cruise myself the next day or do I have to wait until the FCC shows up somewhere? Thanks!

From what I understand FCC's are sold to you in the currency you paid for the cruise you are currently on. SO...if you booked and paid for your upcoming cruise in euros then the FCC you purchase on the ship will be charged the equivalent of $250 US in euros.

If this all proves to be true on your trip then you will have nothing to worry about, just see the Cruise Consultant right away, purchase your Cruise Next certificate and book your next cruise right away. The cruise consultant will not have to wait for anything to go through the system per se as they are the ones entering the information.

Rochelle

They made it clear on the Breakaway that you get THE promotion on the ship. No fine print about inside cabins. One of those "...oh, this is only good for ocean view or higher". One can decide that it is false advertising and argue. I was on vacation, made a quick comment and booked my cruise...and went to the bar for a few free drinks on my then current UBP. [emoji14]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCL's terms and conditions leave a lot of unanswered questions.

States any booked cruise will be given back to the travel agent that booked the current cruise. What if I want to just use NCL or a different agent? Then I can't do cruise next ultimate?

The promotional UBP or dining package is great but do I have to pay 18% on the value of it? Or is that included too?

Restriction of changing my mind ONE time.... What if the cruise I booked onboard goes down in price 2 months later? Can I get the lower price? Even if it includes the same promotion (UBP, SDP, etc.)? Does that "rebooking" to get a lower price count as my ONE time change even though it's the same cruise? What if I just change my room to a different category - does that count as a ONE time change?

Only being able to change one time is enough to make me not do this. Plans change. I guess if you change one time and can't go and need to change again, you forfeit and lose your money? NCL's regular cancellation policy is much better. And the free beverages and free dining specials are frequently offered on NCL and other cruise lines anyway.

Edited by SeaWatcher65

I honestly still do not see any advantage to booking a specific sailing date on board or just getting the deposit :confused: Other than I am sure the Future Cruise Person On Board is now getting a bigger commission and or spiff /bonus. Now I could see if they were giving extra ship board credit if you actually booking a specific cruise or added SBC to your Future Cruise. But there really is not any advantage I can see :confused:

I wonder if they will extend the UBP to insides in 2016 in sept promo

UBP is included with studio and insides on EU and UK bookings out to March 31 2016.

promo runs till 30Sept.

Also on UK/EU bookings the gratuities are included so no extra cost thrown onto your booking for a FREE package.

Edited by insidecabin