What's your favorite suite perk?

GREGS1GIRL

I might be the only one not a fan of Sabatini's for breakfast, the service was very slow (only about 3 other tables eating while we were there), the food was very bland (how do you mess up hash browns?), and watered down mimosas (not a fan even if complimentary). We preferred the International Café for breakfast instead (breakfast sandwiches and raspberry beignets!). Ok, on to the perks: the room itself was amazing, the complimentary meal in the specialty restaurant the first night (best meal of the cruise at the Crown Grill), calling room service and being able to order anything from afternoon tea to a pizza and having it set up on our balcony, free laundry, and finally just the service itself was top notch!

I also have found that service is getting slower in Sabitini's. I have seen less staff working compared to years ago. On port intense cruises, we don't bother going and I know many others don't so that is why it looks dead inside and then people think it should should be opened to others. On sea days, it is very busy especially the last hour. People sleep in and come later and then the great staff has no time to talk and have fun with us.

The best perk use to be the unlimited internet but as everyone knows, it is gone. I feel some internet should be given. When I paid $3500 a week in the OS on the Royal, I swore at them many times for not giving us some.

I am seriously thinking of checking out a few other lines.

Just like the bar set up for elites - one per cabin - that's bs. Each person earned it and each one should receive it. We drink wine most of the time and we do manage to drink it up or offer it friends when they stop by but it is just irritating.

My favorite is breakfast at Sabatini's. I enjoy a slow, leisurely breakfast and the waiters all know that I will drink at least three cappuccinos with my breakfast.

Next May I'm booked in a suite on a cruise to Alaska so I'm also looking forward to the complementary pass to the Thermal Suite.

HI: So excited as we are in our first suite on Princess. I have a few questions:

The description of perks say that nightly hor douvres are on request. Do you have to request each night? Do you have to request by a specific time? Can you place a standing order? Do they bring you whatever is available or can you ask not to have a certain type that you do not like? (Hate caviar!)

Dinner Menu through Room Service: On Holland, you had to order from the dinner menu within one hour of the dinning room opening. Does princess have the same limitation on ordering dinner through room service?

Thermal suite in Spa: do you have to request a pass to use it at the start of the cruise or can you just show your room key at the desk when you go?

Thank you!!

HI: So excited as we are in our first suite on Princess. I have a few questions:

The description of perks say that nightly hor douvres are on request. Do you have to request each night? Do you have to request by a specific time? Can you place a standing order? Do they bring you whatever is available or can you ask not to have a certain type that you do not like? (Hate caviar!)

Dinner Menu through Room Service: On Holland, you had to order from the dinner menu within one hour of the dinning room opening. Does princess have the same limitation on ordering dinner through room service?

Thermal suite in Spa: do you have to request a pass to use it at the start of the cruise or can you just show your room key at the desk when you go?

Thank you!!

Question 1: There will be a little card in your room with the list of available hor douvres and time choices to be delivered, usually left at turndown service in the evenings for the next day along with the usual breakfast room service card every cabin gets. Fill it out and leave it for your room steward. If you don't fill it out each day, nothing will be delivered.

Question 2: Never had a limit on when we could order with the exception of it having to be while the dining room is open? I know you can order from the regular room service menu anytime. We love mixing and matching from both menus.

Question 3: Just go to the spa when you want to use it and they'll put a little star sticker on your card. Or at least they did several years back now when we were on a ship with a thermal suite. We stopped by at the start of the cruise to get our little scavenger hunt card stamped and when we asked about the suite perk, the lady at the front desk showed us the rooms and put the little star sticker on our cards. We didn't get the chance to actually go back but from then on, it would just be a matter of showing your card.

Looking forward to our first suite in November.

What is the thermal suite? Do they have that on the Royal???

marge

Yes but on the Royal/Regal it's not free with a suite.

http://www.princess.com/news/backgrounders_and_fact_sheets/factsheet/Passengers-Can-Enjoy-the-Ultimate-in-Pampering-Aboard-Royal-Princess.html#.VcbfRnGjO-0

Edited by Nezmo

We've been in a full suite a few times and didn't even know about this perk until the last one or two. Thanks CC for the info. We finally went our last cruise and it was nice but I didn't think it was that big a deal. I love room service breakfast whether it be on a ship or in a hotel. My DH on the other hand loved it. So I guess we will be doing it more often on our upcoming cruise in 11 days.

When we get to elite I'm going to be very aggravated that we are not going to get teo bar setups. That makes no sense to me. It's not like because you travel together it's always buy one get one free on this ship fares right? That really bugs me that after you spend that much money with the cruise line they can't just give you 8 mini bottles and some soda.

Edited by Mrs.Gosse

I'm sure you didn't mean to but your end comment seems like a wet blanket. We did not pay the full price for a suite and so we feel at the price we paid it is definitely worth it. As I said earlier, this is our first suite and our first cruise of this length and our first Princess cruise. We are looking forward to enjoying the whole experience and counting our blessings as many don't have the opportunity to cruise at all.[/quote

I just wanted to add my two cents here. I think you will LOVE. The suite! We booked and paid for a VS suite on our 49 day cruise around Cape Horn. And we were VERY glad we did! All the perks mentioned are correct, and I agree that Sabatinies is the best. Also you get to use the Spa, those wonderful chairs, I can't think of the name...we have two more suites coming up and have booked 5 or 6 in the past, so we think it is worth it!

Cyndi

That has never been our experience.

Mike:)

Hi Mike,

I completely accept you response as being the correct information and my use of 'apparently' in my post was an indication of my lack of certainty.

In fact, I was simply reporting what I recalled someone else saying in an earlier thread and I may well have misrecalled the earlier post or, if I had recalled it correctly, I certainly have no basis for validating the information in that post.

Hi Mike,

I completely accept you response as being the correct information and my use of 'apparently' in my post was an indication of my lack of certainty.

In fact, I was simply reporting what I recalled someone else saying in an earlier thread and I may well have misrecalled the earlier post or, if I had recalled it correctly, I certainly have no basis for validating the information in that post.

I was worried since we are two elites with different names sailing in a suite.

We are boarding shorty and I was going to ask for our third setup.;)

Mike:)

I'm sure you didn't mean to but your end comment seems like a wet blanket. We did not pay the full price for a suite and so we feel at the price we paid it is definitely worth it. As I said earlier, this is our first suite and our first cruise of this length and our first Princess cruise. We are looking forward to enjoying the whole experience and counting our blessings as many don't have the opportunity to cruise at all.[/quote

I just wanted to add my two cents here. I think you will LOVE. The suite! We booked and paid for a VS suite on our 49 day cruise around Cape Horn. And we were VERY glad we did! All the perks mentioned are correct, and I agree that Sabatinies is the best. Also you get to use the Spa, those wonderful chairs, I can't think of the name...we have two more suites coming up and have booked 5 or 6 in the past, so we think it is worth it!

Cyndi

I totally agree. You will love everything about the suite and I think we have all had some other great personal opinions on perks OTHER then Sabatini's too. A few I forgot about myself. I know technically the size of the room is not a suite perk but it feels like it to us and even if you got nothing else, that is worth it. At a hotel if you pay for a larger room you rarely get any free extra perks so all of these things are a bonus. Honestly.

I'm going to try and utilize the spa more this time.

Cyndi, I could not imagine doing 49 days in anything BUT a suite lol. I bet that was the most amazing cruise!