What's your favorite suite perk?

GREGS1GIRL

This will be our first suite on Princess. We have previously sailed in suites on HAL and had breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill which we thought was wonderful. I'm wondering how others that have experienced both breakfast in Sabatini's and the Pinnacle would compare the two.

Also, from what I have read, it looks like the hours for breakfast in Sabatini's is from 7:30 till 9:30. Is that consistent each day or does it vary depending arrival in ports? The staff of the Pinnacle became very accustomed to us arriving at the last minute.

I have had breakfast in Sabatini's and the Pinacle and both have great service and food. Howeve with that being said,I don't think the suite perks on Princess are as good as HAL.

They serve half bottles with the ultimate balcony breakfast, so you will be able to get two glasses from it. Off the subject, we have your suite for a cruise the end of August. We'll take good care of it for you. I'm really looking forward to the level entrance to the bathroom and other aids there.

We are doing the Ultimate Balcony Dinner. We had already paid for it before we took the upsale to the suite. What can you tell me about it? When do you think is the best day and time to do it?

And not sure what suite you are in. We are in D702. I'd love to hear your experience and maybe see pictures when you get back.

Thank you!

We are doing the Ultimate Balcony Dinner. We had already paid for it before we took the upsale to the suite. What can you tell me about it? When do you think is the best day and time to do it?

And not sure what suite you are in. We are in D702. I'd love to hear your experience and maybe see pictures when you get back.

Thank you!

DH fought for years against the idea of the UBD, and now he thinks it is the best value on board. You will have a visit from the room service manager to determine the menu. That night you will get a before dinner drink and hors d'ouevres, flowers, and photos taken -the first one is included. A table is brought in and set.

Your menu is brought in course by course. I think I remember crab cakes, a delicious salad and surf and turf with half a bottle of sparkling wine, followed by a decadent chocolate dessert, or anything you prefer off the menu. And specialty coffee, if you wish.

I've seen some pictures on this board that you could probably find by searching.

BTW we never shared our internet with anyone and didn't stay logged on all the time lest anyone comment that was the reason unlimited internet was eliminated.

So they used to have unlimited internet and now they have nothing?

You'd think they would at least give the Suite guests a basic package complimentary.

So they used to have unlimited internet and now they have nothing?

You'd think they would at least give the Suite guests a basic package complimentary.

That is correct. Suite guests used to have unlimited internet and that was taken away two years ago last month.

Now suite guests get a free dinner on the first evening in one of the specialty restaurants.

Mike:)

Thank you!

We did the UBD in January while docked in Puerto Vallarta. Pictures can be found here :

http://www.websailor.org/gallery/Cruises/Mexican_Riviera_Cruise_2015/?start=601

There is even a picture of the waiter helping me with my tablet.

They also let us substitute a full bottle of Asti for the half bottle of French Champagne.

We also substituted soups, French Onion and Cream of Mushroom for the salad.

There are also pictures of breakfast in Sabatini's after these pictures

Edited by cflutist

We did the UBD in January while docked in Puerto Vallarta. Pictures can be found here :

They also let us substitute a full bottle of Asti for the half bottle of French Champagne.

Great pictures ! They make me desperately want to leave right now for our next cruise. Good call on the champagne. I personally love asti. That's what we bring on board with us.

Looks wonderful. I'm really considering this for our Mexican Riviera Cruise in October.

What is this layered drink in Cagney's?

http://www.websailor.org/gallery/Cruises/Mexican_Riviera_Cruise_2015/mexican_riviera_january_2015_0778.jpg?width=640

Looks wonderful. I'm really considering this for our Mexican Riviera Cruise in October.

What is this layered drink in Cagney's?

http://www.websailor.org/gallery/Cruises/Mexican_Riviera_Cruise_2015/mexican_riviera_january_2015_0778.jpg?width=640

That is either a cafe latte or mocha at Sabatini's for breakfast. The lady waiter from Russia would make these beautiful espresso coffees. They tasted as good as they looked. There were others scattered around our photos.

Edited by cflutist

That is either a cafe latte or mocha at Sabatini's for breakfast. The lady waiter from Russia would make these beautiful espresso coffees. They tasted as good as they looked. There were others scattered around our photos.

Wow isn't that interesting. I've never seen anything quite like that.

Enjoyed your pics, thanks for sharing.

What I don't understand is, if breakfast at Sabatinis is so special, then why is no one ever there? I don't doubt the sincerity of people's responses, but if "people vote with their feet" holds true, then breakfast at Sabatinis isn't winning out. The most traffic I have ever seen there in the morning is maybe 4-5 parties. Usually it's been closer to 2. Granted, that can be precisely why you like it so much, but--doing the math--how many suites are there? How many people are there? Should I believe that a highly disproportionate number of those people happen to be on CC? Because if so--meet & greet time!

We've always seen a good number of people in Sabatini's on every cruise when we've been in a suite. We don't go until late, either 9:00 or 10:00, and can see several tables that have been used and cleared (and they clear and reset the booths because most people seem to want to sit in one). It never takes more than 30 minutes to have breakfast unless you want to linger, so you can't expect to see all of the suite guests there at one time.

Note made on my Cruise Notepad re Breakfast at Sabatini's-Lobster and king crab omelette to try. I had thought about scrambled eggs, this sounds wonderfully decadent!

I've also noted to get a half bottle of Korbel (I think that's the 1 previously mentioned about getting it to mix with OJ from room service on the last morning to simulate a Mimosa. If I'm wrong, someone will politely clarify where I got confused. :D A former work colleague is sailing solo in an inside stateroom on Plaza deck, I'm in the Handicapped Window Suite and have told him I should be able to order Room Service to my Suite on Disembarkation morning, so he'd better join me, and I planned to get some Korbel and give him an imitation (no bartender here) Mimosa-he sure won't mind! Would I get 2 glasses out of a half bottle please? Not much of a tippler here, but planning to enjoy within strict self-imposed limits re leaving a certain amount of time between alcoholic drinks, having multiple Mocktails and Sodas AND bringing a particular type of snack food that is very filling-previously tested when drinking alcohol-with me, and taking some exercise exploring the ship between alcoholic drinks. There's LOTS to see, taste and do on board!

You will get a small bottle of Korbel at sailaway, at least. If you don't drink it before, you can get two good glasses out of it on your last day. And I haven't seen the lobster and crab omelette on the menu, so perhaps it's ship-specific.

And I haven't seen the lobster and crab omelette on the menu, so perhaps it's ship-specific.

It's not on the menu just a requested item.

My favorite menu item is the poached eggs served over roasted potatoes.

Mike:)

Thanks! Do we call to make reservation? Is it worth going the first night?

They usually call the cabin but you can call if you like. Yes it is very good the first evening as they are eager to impress and sang you to come back.

Mike🌈