What's your favorite suite perk?

GREGS1GIRL

I know you asked for one favorite but... Sabatinis for breakfast, free laundry (especially on long and/or hot cruises) and earning two cruise credits in recognition of the higher cost. Since this was an upsell (i.e. you paid for it) make sure that you get the 2 cruise credits. If it isn't noted in your personalizer talk to the Captain's Circle host or just call Princess after you return.

I agree. we took an upsell and did not get the second credit. A quick call to Princess and it was taken care of.

as for my favorite thing - it is being able to order room service breakfast the morning of disembarkation. We just fill out the breakfast order before bed and have one last lovely meal to end our vacation.

Yes, the mini bar set up will need help in drinking all the alcohol. My husband is more of a beer drinker usually with an occasional nightcap of something else. I'm more a wine drinker but do like coconut rum and amaretto. We will have to have a party as well. Can you explain what you meant about room service accommodating the party very well? And does anyone know if you can request certain alcohol instead of the norm?

I would imagine that the same rules would apply to a suite mini-bar setup as those for Elite passengers. According to the link below you can request a change of alcohol types:

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/contactUs.page#elite_mini-Bar

Most definitely breakfast at Sabatini's. It's quiet, the service is excellent. After the first morning we had juice and coffee on our table before we even got to it. We were always seated at one of the window tables, but liked to sit on the bench with our back to the window - as we were walking up to the table, the waiters would be switching the tableware to the other side for us. They were pleased to make items off the menu - I had scramble eggs with lox and onions, and hubby had corned beef hash. It was a wonderful experience. We do sail NCL, but the breakfast at Cagney's, while delicious, does not seem as personal as the one in Sabatini's.

May be a dumb question but why is Sabatini's the overall favorite suite perk? We usually always eat breakfast in one of the dining rooms verses the buffet area because I enjoy the sit down service at breakfast. Just a more enjoyable way to start my day and enjoy my coffee :o)

And from what I see the full dinner menu is available on room service? We had paid for the Ultimate Balcony Dinner before we upgraded to the suite and I wonder if we should still do it? It's $50 pp. Should we just order room service instead?

I've never done the UDB, but from what I've heard it comes with a server, and is served by courses. Ordering from the full dinner menu is just delivered like normal room service. Also, there are flowers and multiple courses.

May be a dumb question but why is Sabatini's the overall favorite suite perk? We usually always eat breakfast in one of the dining rooms verses the buffet area because I enjoy the sit down service at breakfast. Just a more enjoyable way to start my day and enjoy my coffee :o)

And from what I see the full dinner menu is available on room service? We had paid for the Ultimate Balcony Dinner before we upgraded to the suite and I wonder if we should still do it? It's $50 pp. Should we just order room service instead?

You'll understand why breakfast in Sabatini's is so valued once you try it. Breakfast in the MDR is just not comparable.

My wife said that she had never felt so pampered as she was when we did the UBD. It's fantastic. There are videos on youtube.

Breakfast in Sabitinis, then the mini bar ( we never finish it, we just bring the mini bottles home) , the Elite lounge at Disembarkation, Laundry ( we only send shirts out to be pressed but still), priority boarding. In that order I would say. I will never be able to convince DH to have anything but a suite. We really do love the calm and classy breakfast.

Breakfast in Sabatini's, Dinner in a speciality restaurant on first night, flowers in cabin, fruit bowl,DVD player with selection of movies. Since we are Elite we get most of the other things with a double mini bar set up. But most of all I like all the extra cabin space. We can have afternoon tea served in the cabin. And room for a larger table for dinner in the cabin or on the balcony.

Breakfast in Sabatini's, Dinner in a speciality restaurant on first night, flowers in cabin, fruit bowl,DVD player with selection of movies. Since we are Elite we get most of the other things with a double mini bar set up. But most of all I like all the extra cabin space. We can have afternoon tea served in the cabin. And room for a larger table for dinner in the cabin or on the balcony.

I asked my husband for his opinion and he said the extra space as well. I love the suites.

May be a dumb question but why is Sabatini's the overall favorite suite perk?

Because Princess doesn't really offer any suite perks other than free laundry and breakfast in Sabatini's. Other lines like NCL and Celebrity have special suite dining rooms, venues, internet and private pools to name a few. I would never pay the money to book a suite on Princess.

Because Princess doesn't really offer any suite perks other than free laundry and breakfast in Sabatini's. Other lines like NCL and Celebrity have special suite dining rooms, venues, internet and private pools to name a few. I would never pay the money to book a suite on Princess.

I'm sure you didn't mean to but your end comment seems like a wet blanket. We did not pay the full price for a suite and so we feel at the price we paid it is definitely worth it. As I said earlier, this is our first suite and our first cruise of this length and our first Princess cruise. We are looking forward to enjoying the whole experience and counting our blessings as many don't have the opportunity to cruise at all.

Because Princess doesn't really offer any suite perks other than free laundry and breakfast in Sabatini's..

??? The concierge lounge is a suite-only venue. And in fact that is my favorite perk--more than Sabatinis. The free pay-per-view movies, the bath salts, and the minibar are meaningful, too.

I cannot compare suite perks to other cruise lines', but the other perks do count. Indeed my single favorite perk is not one of the two you listed.

Other lines like NCL and Celebrity have special suite dining rooms, venues, internet and private pools to name a few.

I was in a full suite on Celebrity last year and the perks were no better than Princess, and actually worse since we didn't even get any laundry discount, let alone free laundry. And this was a 14 day cruise so we had to pay alot for laundry or do it in the bathroom. And they don't even have self-serve laundromats! No minibar setup, no dry cleaning, no free Persian Gardens, or formal night corsage. :rolleyes:

The butler was useless, gave us lots of wrong advice and just cost more in gratuities. The steward and his asst. were more helpful. The butler said we would be charged to eat in Blu but the manager in Blu said "no", it's for suites as well as Aqua.

Check out the Princess suite perks at the Princess website. You might be surprised at what you find! ;)

Edited by Go-Bucks!

What I don't understand is, if breakfast at Sabatinis is so special, then why is no one ever there? I don't doubt the sincerity of people's responses, but if "people vote with their feet" holds true, then breakfast at Sabatinis isn't winning out. The most traffic I have ever seen there in the morning is maybe 4-5 parties. Usually it's been closer to 2. Granted, that can be precisely why you like it so much, but--doing the math--how many suites are there? How many people are there? Should I believe that a highly disproportionate number of those people happen to be on CC? Because if so--meet & greet time!

Edited by tetleytea

What I don't understand is, if breakfast at Sabatinis is so special, then why is no one ever there? I don't doubt the sincerity of people's responses, but if "people vote with their feet" holds true, then breakfast at Sabatinis isn't winning out. The most traffic I have ever seen there in the morning is maybe 4-5 parties. Usually it's been closer to 2. Granted, that can be precisely why you like it so much, but--doing the math--how many suites are there? How many people are there? Should I believe that a highly disproportionate number of those people happen to be on CC? Because if so--meet & greet time!

Typically 20-24 suites on a grand class ship and Sabatini's is open two hours or so pretty much explains it to me.

Not everyone is going to or can take advantage of it.

We are always there when they open at 730 with typically one or two other couples.

Mike:)

20-24 suites, and about 6 on average go to Sabatinis on a given morning. A 25% utilization rate. If that's the top perk, then maybe the suite perks in general are just not a game-changer? Or maybe people's actions would list a different perk as the favorite?