Liberty of the Seas at Heritage Wharf in Bermuda???

Have only docked at Kings Wharf in Bermuda. What is the difference in the two docks. How far apart are they?

They are back to back. When two ships are in port, docked one in front of the other, one ship is at King's Wharf and the other ship is at Heritage.

LOS and NCL Breakaway use Heritage Wharf. Celebrity Summit and NCL Dawn use Kings Wharf. LOS usually faces the other way (i.e., port side toward Dockyard) though. Not sure what determines this.

When we did our b2b this past June, we were in Bermuda for both itineraries and we were docked starboard side (facing the dock) on both visits.

Edited by cruisenfever

Even the line handlers in Bermuda do not know which way a ship will dock until it is coming in and they see if it turns or not.

Sometimes maintenance is needed to be done on the other side of the ship thus varying the way it docks.

I was just on the Bermuda webcam and NCL is at Kings Wharf and Liberty is at Heritage Wharf. It's always been the opposite. First time I've ever seen this.

Don't understand the point? How does it affect anyone?

FYI, in June we were on the Liberty and she docked at Heritage Wharf.

Does there have to be a point? Can't it just be an observation or a curiosity?

It doesn't affect anyone. I was just surprised to see a Royal ship docked at Heritage. I've been to Bermuda 8 times on Explorer and always docked at Kings Wharf, and always saw NCL docked at Heritage.

As someone mentioned Liberty of the Seas is larger than Explorer so she swapped spots with NCL Dawn.

When Anthem arrives in April she will as well dock at Heritage Wharf as it accommodates larger cruise ships. That is NCL Breakaway's usual 'parking spot' when she is in town :)

Even the line handlers in Bermuda do not know which way a ship will dock until it is coming in and they see if it turns or not.

Sometimes maintenance is needed to be done on the other side of the ship thus varying the way it docks.

When we were in Bermuda on LOS on July 18, they lowered all the starboard side life boats and took them for a spin, then brought them back up and cleaned them.

It was fun to watch.

Edited by Plut0
spelling

As someone mentioned Liberty of the Seas is larger than Explorer so she swapped spots with NCL Dawn.

When Anthem arrives in April she will as well dock at Heritage Wharf as it accommodates larger cruise ships. That is NCL Breakaway's usual 'parking spot' when she is in town :)

Emmy, is this actually confirmed? If it ends up like this then Quantum could have used Heritage Wharf as well. Maybe the main reason regarding Quantum not staying in NJ wasn't the fault of the construction/dredging at the pier in Bermuda.

Emmy, is this actually confirmed? If it ends up like this then Quantum could have used Heritage Wharf as well. Maybe the main reason regarding Quantum not staying in NJ wasn't the fault of the construction/dredging at the pier in Bermuda.

I guess I should have phrased my comment differently :) I have no confirmation but if and when she does arrive and I will go with she will since RCI is taking bookings she would dock at Heritage.

Have no special or inside info about dredging and the stage it is at. :(