Come On B2B people!!!!

pbmsmile

I just want to go already!!! We are sailing on our first B2B on the Glory in a fabulous scenic ocean view cabin in March (yes, more than 200 days to wait) and the wait is killing me!!!!!! Anyone else planning a B2B who have stories, advice or cautionary tales to share with me?? I wish there was a B2B category on CC so I could read - read - read to help get me through the next 200+ days! :p

Edited by pbmsmile

I also wish there were a b2b category. We only take longer cruises and our last was a b2b2b2b for 26 days. It was awesome!

We 176 days until our next b2b on the Glory. Doing a 21 cruise this time, unless we throw in a few more days on another ship.:D

This will be our 6th b2b and I am sure that even I could learn a new thing or two.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

We are sailing our first B2B on the Vista in January 2017. I am so flipping excited!!! We are booked in a Havana Cabana cabin for both legs, and we will get to see a new port on both legs (Grand Caymen and St Kitts) plus we get to go to our favorite port of all, Grand Turk. I can't wait to see the new ship and the new ports!

On a side note, we are sailing on the Glory next October over Haloween in the Scenic Grand Oceanview (9201) and I am super excited to see the room. I love my balconies, but this room has me curious and the views look spectacular!

I did my first B2B last November on the Glory. It was so good that I am doing another this November on the Splendor. The only problem with a B2B is that once you do one you might never again want to go for just a single week!!

Loved the B2B my sis and I took together. It was very port intensive, which was really great, but it does wear you out if you have a lot of planned excursions. You may find yourself yearning for a sea day! We were cruising for 21 days, so packed some laundry detergent and did laundry half way through. Awesome time, made some incredible friendships, looking forward to doing it again this fall.

We did our first B2B which I guess was more of a side to side and we were addicted! Last year we did a B2B2B2B (actually a B2S2B2S) for 28 days in Feb/March. We have now booked a B2B for Nov 2016 for a total of 22 days. We are not big excursion people, and actually stay on the ship in port a lot. Makes for a very relaxing 3 weeks! Enjoy!!!

Did my first B2B a couple years ago on Breeze; just booked another for Feb. 2017 also on Breeze. There was a deal I just couldn't pass up. Got cove balcony for under $!200 including insurance!! I am doing a Journey cruise in January on Dream - just as excited about that.

We are booked on a B2B in Feb onboard the breeze (Yippie Spa Cabin!).

We decided that since the theater shows will repeat on the second leg, we will to attend all of the comedy shows and other alternative entertainment on the first leg.

We also decided to go to the steakhouse for a late dinner on day one of the second leg (which would normally interfere with the welcome show) and snag the awful free bottle of wine.

We are debating on getting the cheers package for the 8day or the 6day leg vs. both. We don't think we can imbibe $1400 worth of alcohol without serious self harm.

We could get the 8day package on the front end and horde massive quantities of alcohol that we can store in the mini fridge or just drink our selves silly on the less port intensive 2nd half. First world problems.

Then again we may just stay in our bathrobes the entire second leg of the cruise. (Yes we are those people) :D

We love back to backs. Problem is you'll be so hooked. We did the Sunshine med and transatlantic in 2013. First 10 days very port intensive but the 16 day transatlantic so relaxing with a few ports. Doing it again October 2016 on the Vista. Last med and then the transatlantic. We have over 400 days so I keep looking for some fill ins. You'll love it since you have a chance to really explore, taste and do things not feeling rushed. Enjoy[emoji41]

Carnival must be aware of it. We've received two offers recently, via email, to "extend your vacation." They offer a great rate to add another leg to the trip. We were able to take one of the offers. Hope to receive more of these! Once you start b2bs, it becomes addicting. I'm always evaluating where we can add one on. The packing, travel and parking expense reductions can be great! :)

I so get your excitement. We did our first b2b on the Glory back in 2008 and were hooked. Our next one is in just 5 weeks and it can't come fast enough. I know 200 sounds like a big number, but we booked ours about 550 days out so trust me 200 days is just around the corner.

There is nothing like the feeling of watching everyone get off the ship and knowing that you will be staying on. It is not that you don't feel bad for everyone else, but you feel better about staying on yourself.

I just want to go already!!! We are sailing on our first B2B on the Glory in a fabulous scenic ocean view cabin in March (yes, more than 200 days to wait) and the wait is killing me!!!!!! Anyone else planning a B2B who have stories, advice or cautionary tales to share with me?? I wish there was a B2B category on CC so I could read - read - read to help get me through the next 200+ days!

OMG, I just want to go as well!!!! :D I'm doing a B2B on the Breeze for New Years and the 1st week of January. The Breeze is my all time favourite ship and I can't wait to sail on her again. We have 2 new ports on the cruise (1 on the 1st half and 2 on the 2nd half of the B2B), Falmouth, Antigua, and Amber Cove. This'll be my 3rd B2B, they're awesome!! :D My favourite parts of a B2B are seeing everyone else putting their luggage out in the hall to be collected for debarkation the last night of cruise 1 and, the general negative/downer/depressed feeling that the ship has on the last day of a cruise (the last full day onboard, not debark day) doesn't bother you as much because you know you don't have to get off the ship (permanently, you do have to get off very briefly) in the morning!! :D It's also a lot of fun to see the looks on crew members faces when you show up on embarkation day of cruise 2, priceless!! :D 149 days and then ready or not Breeze, here I come (for 14 days)!!!! :D

I love the idea of having a B2B section here on CC, that'd be awesome!! :D

Edited by Avril

Since we live in Kansas, it's a long haul to a cruise port. We figure we need to make it worthwhile.

Our first B2B was really a side2side. We did an 8 day to Panama on the Freedom out of Fort Lauderdale, then got off, drove up to Port Canaveral and boarded the Sensation for a 4 day.

Our next almost B2B was a 7 day on the Crown Princess out of Galveston, a 2 day stay at a hotel and a pickup at the airport of my DD and GS, then a 5 day on the Triumph.

Last January, we did our first true B2B on the Magic. We had the same room for both legs. The first leg we bought Carnival t shirts that said Keep Calm and Cruise On. We wore them on turnaround day. When people commented on them, we giddily told them we were on a B2B and were cruising on.

We have a 21 day Journeys B2B booked for January 2016. I. can't. wait.

Hi, To answer your question for one person on a btob cruise you can bring 2 bottles of wine,in your carry on bag. Just to be on the safe side,have both boarding passes with you. Hope this helps. Kendra P.S. I'm on a btob Carnival Dream cruise-Oct.4th and Oct.25th and plan on bringing 2 bottles of wine.

We are doing our first b2b in April on the Breeze and I'm super excited! Aruba, Jamaica, ohhh I wanna take you.......😎

We are doing our first B2B also on the Breeze, but in Feb 2016. Same itinerary as you but in reverse order, we are doing the Western first!!

As other have said... The only downside is that a 7 day single cruise is really hard to go back to! I've done three of them. Recommend booking the same cabin. Each one of those B2B's I've added on the second cruise later so have had to change cabins. Once we went from an OV to a GS and I wished we had just stayed in the OV- the packing was a needless hassle.

Have fun!

Hi, To answer your question for one person on a btob cruise you can bring 2 bottles of wine,in your carry on bag. Just to be on the safe side,have both boarding passes with you. Hope this helps. Kendra P.S. I'm on a btob Carnival Dream cruise-Oct.4th and Oct.25th and plan on bringing 2 bottles of wine.

Thanks for your quick reply. Out B2B is not until November 28 on Sunshine but we like to be prepared!

As other have said... The only downside is that a 7 day single cruise is really hard to go back to! I've done three of them. Recommend booking the same cabin. Each one of those B2B's I've added on the second cruise later so have had to change cabins. Once we went from an OV to a GS and I wished we had just stayed in the OV- the packing was a needless hassle.

Have fun!

We will also be switching cabins on our B2B cruise. Do you pack up the night before or the morning of the switch? Do you carry your bags yourself to the new cabin, or will your cabin steward take care of it for you? Assuming an extra tip would be in order if they do!

We will also be switching cabins on our B2B cruise. Do you pack up the night before or the morning of the switch? Do you carry your bags yourself to the new cabin, or will your cabin steward take care of it for you? Assuming an extra tip would be in order if they do!

Hubby & I love doing b2b's, we have one booked for November 2015 on the Breeze, than we get off the Breeze and get on the Reflection for another 7-nihts. Than we are on the Victory for 7 more nights, totaling 28 night.

We're also booked on a b2b on the Pride in January 216 for 21 nights

Like I said WE LOVE DOING B2B CRUISING

First timer's you will be hooked too

Enjoy Your Cruises & Have A Great

We pack up the morning of the switch. Leave your clothes on the hangers but pack every thing else. Cabin steward will move the stuff for you. I take our expensive, personal items with us, things that are in the safe (phone, tablet, money, id, etc)

Make sure and let your cabin steward know you are on a b2b. I also go and tell the cabin steward for the second half of our b2b that we will be staying on the ship and he will be our new steward about half way through the first cruise.

Also, go to guest services during the first cruise to make sure they have you listed as being on a b2b. I have had several times when they did not know.

We have always tipped the steward extra when he/she has had to move us.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

Great info on b2b's. Breeze is our favorite ship as well and are doing another b2b on her next year. One thing I'm not sure about is how it works when you become Platinum on the 2nd leg. We've got a b2b planned for Vista in 2017. After we get off and turn around and get back on, will we really see the Platinum card and benefits? Or does it take awhile for that to take effect. Either way, can't wait!