Epic Itinerary Change April 17 2016 - November 20 2016

ashmac8

I did the Epic in July with reduced port times for three of the ports. I was informed by email about 5 weeks beforehand, that the new times were for all sailings until October, but none of the changes were displayed on the website. I think they wait until you book and are past cancellation with no penalties before they inform you of the changes.

I do see a lot of posts about this. Has it become common on NCL? I am booked on the Harmony (solo cabin) that was only $114 more than a studio on the EPIC. I planned to monitor the prices because the EPIC also leaves from Barcelona on the same day and it wouldn't require a change to airfare once I book my FF seats. However, I would be very unhappy if the port times were shortened after final payment! :mad:

That alone will send me far, far away from NCL. Port times in the Med are short enough!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello everyone. I hope you don't mind my piggy backing on this thread but don't see a thread for sailing out of our port of departure. My wife and I are on Epic May 15-21 Barcelona to Barcelona and are looking forward to a nice relaxing trip. I am retired so I could use a break.

We did Eastern Med last year and really enjoyed that one. I do have some reservations about booking this cruise as it goes to some ports we did before last year. That's ok as there are always more museums to see.

I want to stop in France just to have some of the bread and wine again. :D as I lived in France before so it will be sort of du ja vous for me. Any port of call will do.

I can remember seeing some Frenchmen riding home from work on their bicycle and stopping by the bakery. Once outside they hopped on their bike Before taking off they tucked the loaf of bread under their armpit and off they rode home. Such memories.

I hope you have a great time on your trip. Times getting shorter.

• 2 weeks later...
At Palma you can walk off the ship and you are in the middle of the town.

At Marseille you are miles from anywhere in an industrial zone. We were there once and due to a huge road accident on the main route no taxis or coaches could get into town. So we walked out of the port and into the local residential area. Never again. Rough is the best word to describe it. Litter and graffiti everywhere.

:)Perfect I agree with that. Does it go to Marseille or Toulon with a long trip?

The last port stop has been changed from

Palma Majorca, Spain 1-8pm TO Marseille, France 7am-4pm

We were just on the 22/NOV sailing out of Barcelona. With all honesty, we ended up not going ashore in Palma. Because of the distance between Cannes and Majorca, a late departure from Cannes (late passengers), and gale force winds overnight, we didn't arrive until after 2pm and pushed off at 7pm for less than 4 hours of shore time (2:30 to 6:30).

In stead of heading ashore in Majorca, we'd already "relaxed" our way through the first half of the day with room service for lunch and making use of our balcony, we decided to continue to enjoy some sun and as much time on our balcony as we could get (plus I got a jump on packing :( ).

There were a few cancellations on the 22/NOV sailing (just a week after Paris) [could tell only by the fact that the Haven was sold out weeks before sailing, but in the last few days, some people were getting upgrades], but for the most part, the ship was full.

We found the mood in each city seemed to be one of "keep it in the back of your mind, but don't fret--just be aware of your surroundings"... security at landmarks (especially Rome) was noticeable, but we were told that was normal. I think we were more worried about pickpockets then terrorism.

As is common in Europe, you may see police with machine guns (that caught my wife off guard in Barcelona--it didn't surprise me).