Port Canaveral hotels and parking

Sea Legs

Does anyone know of a nice hotel/motel closeby where you can stay pre-cruise and leave your car and shuttle to the port?

If you want a recommendation, would recommend the Radisson. We have stayed there 3 times prior to our cruise and have never been disappointed. They have a PARK AND CRUISE pkg that includes shuttle service to and from the ship. This past January the pkg included the Breakfast Buffet.

If you want a recommendation, would recommend the Radisson. We have stayed there 3 times prior to our cruise and have never been disappointed. They have a PARK AND CRUISE pkg that includes shuttle service to and from the ship. This past January the pkg included the Breakfast Buffet.

yup that's where we are staying this sept. and they still have the breakfast,

one question tho. I'm set up for the 10;30 shuttle an I've read that its kinda crazy at pick up time. do you have any suggestions on how to avoid the craziness?

We always stayed at Radisson before we moved here. Always thought Hilton was so far away. In reality, all the hotels just south of Ron Jon are no more than a 10 minute drive and all are on the beach

We always stayed at Radisson before we moved here. Always thought Hilton was so far away. In reality, all the hotels just south of Ron Jon are no more than a 10 minute drive and all are on the beach

Did you have any issues with the shuttle?

I've read that people had to call a taxi and were glad they did.

Did you have any issues with the shuttle?

I've read that people had to call a taxi and were glad they did.

No issue going over, make sure to book a slot. Since we were parking a car, I took luggage over first and got off shuttle with just carry on. Once we took taxi back from ship, bus lines to confused and chaotic

No issue going over, make sure to book a slot. Since we were parking a car, I took luggage over first and got off shuttle with just carry on. Once we took taxi back from ship, bus lines to confused and chaotic

not sure I understand? you took luggage over first? then drove back to the hotel and got on the shuttle?

I may just call for a taxi the night before and have em pick me up at the hotel..prob. be like $20

not sure I understand? you took luggage over first? then drove back to the hotel and got on the shuttle?

I may just call for a taxi the night before and have em pick me up at the hotel..prob. be like $20

Correct.

Taxi might be less than that. Which ship are you going on.

first 2 cruises we took the shuttle, mass confusion on everyone's part. Sooo much easier to call a taxi at your leisure or sometimes there are empty ones waiting, but I would call ahead anyway. Our last cruise we WERE taking the shuttle, but our time or more aptly people with bigger tipping power kept getting our spot, so we just called a taxi and sailed right over. Pulled up to the curb, took our our luggage, ect. I think it was 20.00 for 3 of us including tip.

Correct.

Taxi might be less than that. Which ship are you going on.

we are on FOS sept 20..

I just called 888 Taxi $15 plus tip .. they said to call the night before.

I think ill just do that..

We have stayed at the Hampton Inn and at Radisson and done the "leave the car, take the shuttle" routine twice.

On our last cruise in April, I discovered that several of the hotels have deals where they offer parking vouchers at port for a significant discount. We ended up doing this. We stayed at the La Quinta Inn. While it is not high on bells and whistles, they did have a breakfast buffet and the rooms were very clean.

We got our parking voucher and drove over to the port. When we got off the ship, we were able to clear customs, get in our car and take off.

If your primary concern for parking at the port is a cost issue, I would look at one of the places that offers discounted parking vouchers.

It's not getting to the ship that always causes us a headache, but having to get back to the hotel at the end of the cruise when everyone is already cranky.

we are on FOS sept 20..

I just called 888 Taxi $15 plus tip .. they said to call the night before.

I think ill just do that..

Taxi to T1 is definitely cheaper than the other side of channel. Our last taxi to our condo was around $25 with tip. We live between Doubletree and the Hilton

Taxi to T1 is definitely cheaper than the other side of channel. Our last taxi to our condo was around $25 with tip. We live between Doubletree and the Hilton

for $20 i'll avoid all hassles and take a taxi.

Easy-Peasy !!

Thanks John!

So we are booked at the Residence Inn for 2 nights pre-cruise (cheaper to stay there 2 nights and fly out Friday after Thanksgiving rather than Saturday!:eek:)

We are not renting a car, so I think we can't take the shuttle from the hotel? Anyone with experience on that?

We don't mind taking a cab, but the port is so close, seems like such a waste of money! :D How long a ride is it?

So we are booked at the Residence Inn for 2 nights pre-cruise (cheaper to stay there 2 nights and fly out Friday after Thanksgiving rather than Saturday!:eek:)

We are not renting a car, so I think we can't take the shuttle from the hotel? Anyone with experience on that?

We don't mind taking a cab, but the port is so close, seems like such a waste of money! :D How long a ride is it?

If the ship is at Terminal 1, probably less than a 5 minute ride from the Residence Inn. I'd still take a cab so you can leave when you want.

It's been many years since we did this, and we stayed at the Radisson. It was OK, nothing special. The room was dated, but reasonable clean and the breakfast was decent. You do have to book the "cruise parking" package. They will give you a hang tag for the windshield. Note that this parking area is a separate lot, over to the left of the hotel, beside the conference center building. I just moved the car over there last thing that night.

The shuttle picked up in front of the hotel, and yes, it was a bit crazy, but nothing horrible. I travel a lot and it was no worse than boarding a rental car bus at a busy, major airport. They did have to run several shuttles due to the number of people. I'd stay there again.

yup that's where we are staying this sept. and they still have the breakfast,

one question tho. I'm set up for the 10;30 shuttle an I've read that its kinda crazy at pick up time. do you have any suggestions on how to avoid the craziness?

We also left at 10;30 and had no problem, the hotel took you in order according to when you signed up for, the only thing was the crowd in the lobby waiting and that wasn't even that bad.

Glad you recommend this... this is where my family and I are staying in April for a couple of days before the cruise and are also doing the park and cruise pkg. Thanks!

• 4 months later...

Cruisers also use the Days Inn and her sister hotel the Best Western in Cocoa Beach. They are older hotels, but their rooms are clean. The Best Western is on the beach, and the Days Inn is across the street from the beach.

It's a few minutes walk to the Cocoa Beach Pier where there is live music and eateries on the pier.

Publix, our local grocery store is across the street where the deli will cook up anything fresh for you that they sell at the hot foods counter.

Beef O'Bradys, a sports bar is across the street.

Both hotels are about 3 miles to the port. A taxi ride for 4 people with luggage costs you around $15 or so...

Whatever hotel you chose, don't forget to read their reviews at trip advisor.

If we are meeting friends, we will chose a cruise package at the local hotels. If we sail alone, we park our car at parkportcanaveral.com for $6.99 a day. They will charge 8 days for a 7 nights sailing or charge 5 days for a 4 nights sailing, etc.

Which ever parking lot you chose, they all charge for that extra day.

We love terminal one at Port Canaveral for embarkation and debarkation.

Called to reserve at the Radisson in February but they had a 2 night minimum stY. Bummer

Have you checked the Radisson online bookings? Some times, they allow you to book for just one night. If there is an event in town, they will require a two-three nights stay.

No matter, there are so many hotels available in the area...

The parkportcanaveral.com website offers a hotel stay with parking for $95 at Cocoa Beach Suites.

http://www.parkportcanaveral.com/cocoa-beach-snooze-cruise.html#.VnXqiBUrKUk

There are plenty of hotels to choose from in or near Port Canaveral. For a nice hotel on the beach you can get a package for 2 at Oceans Landing for $91 that includes free parking and shuttles to and from the cruise.

Best Westen, La Quinta, International Palms, Wakulla Suites, Holiday Inn, Hilton, The Inn, DoubleTree, there's plenty of options for cruisers and each of these hotels offer different amenities, so it's all preference.

Can find great deals on cruise packages with these hotels from go port canaveral. And you're not limited to one night, 2 people, etc. Everything is completely customizable