Price increase

Greciangirl

Ok i get supply and demand however i just checked my catagory that i booked in jan for a sailing in jan of next year and the price has increased over 5k! Guess i cant look forward to any price reduction or better promo....but more than that if the current pricing holds up as the new standard pricing i cant afford that kind of increase! My sailing is far from being sold out and with 150 plus days till sailing thats a huge increase!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Had you checked it before today? First of the month the new promos come out and the prices tend to go up to start the month. Still a ways out from yours and the price could go anywhere, especially with lots of cabins still available.

Price increases, instead of decreases, are common. Our next cruise is on the Getaway, in a deck 8 large balcony mini suite. Our booked price is $2300 with a $300 OBC. The current price for a mini (the large deck 8 balcony minis are sold out already though) is $3081 with a choice of one of the current promotions. So the price has jumped about $700 since we booked.

I know prices increase as the sailing gets closer but i think a 5k increase is a bit much dont you?

Are you sure about that amount? $5,000?

That is huge even if it were for a 'Garden Villa Suite" on a ship that had them....

As far as pricing goes... it can fluctuate up or down, at any time according to the proprietary sales algorithm they use to calculate what the booking level should be at any time....

Ok i get supply and demand however i just checked my catagory that i booked in jan for a sailing in jan of next year and the price has increased over 5k! Guess i cant look forward to any price reduction or better promo....but more than that if the current pricing holds up as the new standard pricing i cant afford that kind of increase! My sailing is far from being sold out and with 150 plus days till sailing thats a huge increase!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk[/

In light of the technical issues NCL has been having today, I think that price increase is a mistake. It's happened to me before and usually on a day when the promotions have changed. Just for the hell of it I was checking pricing for a sailing in August on the BA. The cabins were available. My iPad decided to reset itself so I went back to the same page and I see that the cabins are sold out for the next three weeks!! I think it's another glitch [emoji53]

Yep! It is a two bedroom in the haven on the getaway.

I looked at the price of a Haven category H4, two bedroom family villa with balcony on the 3 JAN 2016 seven day sailing, and the total price without any discounts, including taxes is $10,688.92.......so a $5k increase to that figure would essentially be over a 100 percent increase....

Still does not sound right......:confused:

Are you sure about that amount? $5,000?

That is huge even if it were for a 'Garden Villa Suite" on a ship that had them....

As far as pricing goes... it can fluctuate up or down, at any time according to the proprietary sales algorithm they use to calculate what the booking level should be at any time....

Maybe $5000 total cost? I seriously doubt a cruise jumping in price $5K, not even DCL :)

I looked at the price of a Haven category H4, two bedroom family villa with balcony on the 3 JAN 2016 seven day sailing, and the total price without any discounts, including taxes is $10,688.92.......so a $5k increase to that figure would essentially be over a 100 percent increase....

Still does not sound right......:confused:

I would get on the phone and ask a reservations rep. NCL seems to have lots of fat fingers when it comes to their web site.

It will go down again...

I had a xmas cruise where the price went up $3k for a room about a month and a half before the cruise and then went back to original price 2 weeks before the cruise

Prices could go down somewhat before final payment, but if you cancel and rebook, some adverse effects may result....one, you could lose the cabin you chose originally, and two, you may lose certain promotions that are no longer available.

The biggest price reduction's that I have seen are generally after final payment date, and then are limited to "new bookings only"....

You may still be able to take advantage of that scenario, if they allow you to upgrade to a better category at the reduced rate, and apply the amount you have already paid toward it.....

As I understood the cruise industry business model, especially NCL, they lured a captive audience on board with low cabin fares, then made their profits through on board sales particularly alcohol and specialty restaurants. Now that they have promos giving that stuff away, to break even I assumed they needed to raise the prices across the board. The cruise we booked in January is up over $250 pp and was already $200 higher pp then same cruise last year.

While I know many people don't drink $100 per day in liquor, a lot do. For us when I took the price of last year's cruise (2015) and added in the bar bill, it was still about $200 more than our upcoming 2016 trip even though the cabin price was more because it already includes our bar bill. So for us, we scored a bargain; we're paying less overall but will probably drink more. But if I went to book this same cruise now, based on the price, I probably would have chosen a different vacation option.

So OP, be happy you scored the price you did. You may never see a deal like that again. :(

My DH and I are very happy we booked so early for our up coming cruise. The NCL website shows that our cabin is now $3000 more then when we booked in June 2014. It's been that much higher for several weeks. We have an Owner's suite w/2 balconies which are all sold out but the site still shows what the price would be. We only got $300 obc when we booked but that's ok. Since we get free liquor and soda with the cabin, we don't feel we would need the UBP. We'll just pay as we go, not that big of drinkers! We like to eat in the MDRs but got the 4 day dining package anyway for about $175 for 2people. Our service charge is $168 for 2. We just don't see how the extras you get NOW could possibly be worth the extra $.