Just off PRIDE??? Questions...

Weeziblu

We are driving up from NY. The hotel we are staying at offers a park and cruise deal. The price is only a little cheaper then parking at the pier.

We have FTTF and like to arrive at the pier early.

Would you recommend that we park at the pier or take the hotel shuttle and have them drop us off? How early can you be dropped off at the pier?

We go in Sept.

Thanks

We were on the June 14th sailing. We stayed at the Best Western on O'Donnell St. We left our car there.

We had a 10:15 shuttle booked, but we were down in the lobby by about 9:30 because we weren't sure if there would be a line for check out of the hotel or check in for the shuttle. The shuttle guy said he had room on the 9:45 shuttle - did we want to go on that one. I asked if they were letting people into the terminal. He said, yes - that they were already bringing people back from the last cruise.

Well - we didn't get off at 9:45 because they were shuffling people around, but we left about 10am and we were at the terminal before 10:30am.

We also had FTTF - they took us through security and had us wait a bit in a small waiting area. They took people needing assistance, then called FTTF. The VIPs were off in their own area.

Check in was quick, then they took us to another waiting area that had comfy chairs, water, snack machines and nice cruisey music. We waited there maybe 45 minutes - mostly for a HUGE wedding party. They brought the VIPs over, boarded them and those needing assistance, then the FTTF. We walked right up and on to the ship - easy peasy!

We dropped our stuff in the room. I went to the Shore Excursion desk to pick out our HMC cabana and my husband got a drink. We sat in the atrium a bit waiting for my sister. Another of our party showed up, so we took our drinks up to get a Guys Burger. My sister and her family - with their platinum boarding were still down in the parking lot.

Morale of the story - take the shuttle :)

Hello all, someone on my roll call asked if there were trays at the Lido Buffet or if they have switched to the large oval plates. Can one of the recent cruisers answer? I know on the Dream last August the trays were gone.

Thanks!!

Hello all, someone on my roll call asked if there were trays at the Lido Buffet or if they have switched to the large oval plates. Can one of the recent cruisers answer? I know on the Dream last August the trays were gone.

Thanks!!

Big oval plates. No trays that I saw on the Pride.

Thank you for your quick response Piper934! I was hoping with the 2.0 they upgraded the cabin safes to a digital key pad, but oh well. I also heard they have not installed flat screens in all the cabins either :(

We had a flat screen in 6227. The main reason I liked it is because it gave me room to store all our soda and water in the open space behind the tv! Hoping we have one next week!

We had a flat screen in 6227. The main reason I liked it is because it gave me room to store all our soda and water in the open space behind the tv! Hoping we have one next week!

Hmmm, we are not far off from that cabin, maybe we will have flat screen as well!

I'm just butting in to find out what's going on with the Green Thunder?

We were on the April 5th sailing and while we were on it someone got stuck in the bottom part that you stand on. It released...but not all the way. They were stuck with legs dangling in the slide and the rest of their body above for over a hour. :eek:

It sounds like they've been having issues with it since then? :confused:

As for the flat screen tvs, we had one in our balcony room. :D

April 5th?? Wow...that's 4 months! This is unacceptable. We are on the next sailing. John Heald said they are working on it. I really hope it's fixed or my son will be disappointed :(

It was working on the June 14th sailing and has been down since then. It was supposedly going to be fixed last week. We'll be on her Sunday. I'll report back if I know anything for certain. :)

April 5th?? Wow...that's 4 months! This is unacceptable. We are on the next sailing. John Heald said they are working on it. I really hope it's fixed or my son will be disappointed :(

GREAT NEWS!!!!! John Heald just answered my husbands post asking when the Green Slide will be fixed? John said it is officially fixed and working!!

Patrice

[quote name='TreTre310']GREAT NEWS!!!!! John Heald just answered my husbands post asking when the Green Slide will be fixed? John said it is officially fixed and working!!

Patrice[/QUOTE]

Yay!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can help answer some of these questions as well, got off the Pride on 8/2. We stayed at the Best Western Plus BWI (in Elkridge on Dorsey Rd, booked the park and sail package through Trinity Travel) - I think it was $129. Very nice hotel, newly renovated. We took the 9:30am shuttle over to the port on Saturday morning. I had FTTF, and a suite...the suite trumped FTTF for check in and boarding. We had to wait a bit before they started check in...about 20 minutes maybe. I have a picture of my sister taking pictures of the Atrium Lobby upon entrance, time stamp 11:57am. :-) Due to FTTF, our room was ready when we boarded, including decorations that were ordered. Suitcases showed up a bit later, maybe by 1pm.

As someone who has lived in and around Baltimore for most of my life, I would not recommend leaving your car at that Best Western on O'Donnell Street for a week. Just east of that hotel is one of the worst housing projects in the city. Baltimore is in a bit of turmoil right now, and the police are on a bit of a work stoppage. They go to work, but they are apprehensive about doing anything. There is quite a bit of drug trafficking on that parking lot. They just recently shut down a night club in that building due to shootings and violence every weekend. I wouldn't even stay in that hotel. That Best Western near BWI sounds like a much better deal.

[quote name='cantthinkofanythingfun']As someone who has lived in and around Baltimore for most of my life, I would not recommend leaving your car at that Best Western on O'Donnell Street for a week. Just east of that hotel is one of the worst housing projects in the city. Baltimore is in a bit of turmoil right now, and the police are on a bit of a work stoppage. They go to work, but they are apprehensive about doing anything. There is quite a bit of drug trafficking on that parking lot. They just recently shut down a night club in that building due to shootings and violence every weekend. I wouldn't even stay in that hotel. That Best Western near BWI sounds like a much better deal.[/QUOTE]

I am sure people have stayed here with no problem, but we have lived in Baltimore County all our lives and I have to agree with the poster about this particular Best Western. O'Donnell Street is not the best area. JMHO

We have stayed at this hotel for both cruising and for the airport. If you google "Trinity Reservations" and put your date on the site, it's usually the first hotel. The cost is usually $129. The amount includes the breakfast, the shuttle and the taxes. The hotel has recently been upgraded.

On numerous occasions we have shared the shuttle with various pilots and flight attendants.

I feel safe there and have never had any problems. There is a pub that has good food on the site.

:)