Uber in Miami banned?

Dork42775

I'll be doing the park and ride from the Red Roof Inn at the airport. I plan to take the free shuttle to the port but now i read that they start pretty late. I would like to leave the hotel on the shuttle around 10 am. Is this possible?

Also for the ride back i plan on using UBER. I thought i read something recently that said that Uber was banned for the county now but i cannot find it anywhere. I also might use Uber to get to the port if the shuttle is leaving the hotel later that 10:30 am.

Any help guys?

I'll be doing the park and ride from the Red Roof Inn at the airport. I plan to take the free shuttle to the port but now i read that they start pretty late. I would like to leave the hotel on the shuttle around 10 am. Is this possible?

Also for the ride back i plan on using UBER. I thought i read something recently that said that Uber was banned for the county now but i cannot find it anywhere. I also might use Uber to get to the port if the shuttle is leaving the hotel later that 10:30 am.

Any help guys?

Uber has temporarily pulled out of Broward not Miami Dade. You are fine.

If you are in a location where Uber has withdrawn service their app will be non-functional.

Uber is not "banned" anywhere but has temporarily stopped serving Broward county only (not Miami-Dade) until they sort out a way around the ruling that the company must do background checks and verify the CDL of all their drivers. Because Broward is so good at keeping the riff-raff from working as taxi drivers, right? :rolleyes:

Some municipalities in Broward county are discussing whether to declare their jurisdictions Uber "sanctuaries" where local LEOs will not issue any citations to them. But that still won't allow Uber to serve FLL or Port Everglades which are patrolled by Broward Sheriffs Department.

Some municipalities in Broward county are discussing whether to declare their jurisdictions Uber "sanctuaries" where local LEOs will not issue any citations to them. But that still won't allow Uber to serve FLL or Port Everglades which are patrolled by Broward Sheriffs Department.

One of my Uber drivers told me that as long as they have a chauffeurs license, Uber drivers can pick up and drop off at the airport and port.

They need to come back. This is killing my social life. Even the mayor wants them back.

Did you sign the petition?

https://action.uber.org/broward/

Edited by BlueHerons

interesting twist to the UBER question . . . .

A (meaning ONE jurisdiction in the local area) local police Chief has gone on record here in the Canaveral area to simply stop licensing ALL taxi and limo's in his jurisdiction as they spend little time trying to enforce compliance .....

let 'em all be unlicensed and uninspected and buyer beware . . .

ref: Florida Today . . .

Edited by Capt_BJ

Not in Florida, but my other half got in a very minor fender bender with a taxi, the driver had NO drivers license nor insurance. At least with Uber, a driver with a fare has coverage.