Anyone on Royal Just Now

Shogun

Trip to Cobh was a bit choppy but not too bad. There have been no announcements.

Glad you're having a good cruise! any update on the NORO outbreak and ship,s delayed departure from Southampton this weekend? thanks in advance

Captain just announced several cases of gastro illness so code red will continue until further notice.

We are now setting sail for Dublin but Captain advises it will a bumpy ride tonight.

Captain just announced several cases of gastro illness so code red will continue until further notice.

We are now setting sail for Dublin but Captain advises it will a bumpy ride tonight.

Thanks for the updates, Have a safe cruise

We disembarked on August 1st and the ship was overcome by the noro virus. People were sick on the rugs in elevators and hallways. There is no way it was sanitized in a 5 hrs it was turned over. Nurse told me on Le Harve day that they had 200 sick thAt day. At that point it's was our 3rd day with code red. People were violently ill on the busses to the airport.

We disembarked on August 1st and the ship was overcome by the noro virus. People were sick on the rugs in elevators and hallways. There is no way it was sanitized in a 5 hrs it was turned over. Nurse told me on Le Harve day that they had 200 sick thAt day. At that point it's was our 3rd day with code red. People were violently ill on the busses to the airport.

Oh my! And if they succeeded in making their flights, chances are that everyone in their section of the plane is going to get sick too! And then it continues....

That's horrifying!! [emoji33]

How are you feeling? I hope you didn't catch it!

Something strange going on here. We were supposed to dock in Dublin at 5:00 AM but it is now 5:30 and we are sailing South, away from port. No announcements and no one is talking. The ship's position map on the TV shows Liverpool as next port.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. 200 sick, vomit everywhere, buses full of vomit. crazy.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Hi All

Ocean Princess in Dublin Royal Princess going to Liverpool according to marine traffic

Yours Shogun

We are skipping Dublin and headed to Liverpool for an overnight stay and will leave Liverpool tomorrow at 6 pm. The Captain says we should be docked at 4 pm today in Liverpool. I guess they made the decision at 3 am this morning due to wind conditions then and what was predicted during the day. Apparently the Royal has to go into Dublin backwards for 6 miles as she is too large to turn around once inside the channel so onto Liverpool instead .....

It is what it is, so just have to enjoy the sea day and look forward to the overnight in Liverpool.

Hi

Thanks for update

I started this thread in that I suspected you would miss Dublin

First time I was there we had only a couple of hours

Next time a half day

The third time I got a full day

Liverpool is a great port of call to overnight in, hope passengers make the most of it and sample the local night life.

Greenock is a safe port so even if weather bad you will get in. Might pop over to wave you off, sail away is good so be on deck for it.

yours Shogun

Edited by Shogun

As we will be boarding in a few weeks in Southampton, all of the posts from folks onboard are very interesting to me, and i am sure many others who soon to cruise on the Royal…..Safe journey to all of you.