Anyone on Royal Just Now

Shogun

4 people in my group became ill. Two were teens, one was my elderly mother and lastly my self. This affected the last 3 days of our cruise. Edinburgh, day at Sea and Le Harve.

1) We were never seen by a doctor or any medical staff. The to medical in reference to the teens were never returned. My mother and I received a call back for us over 8hrs after reporting our illness after that our cabin steward was given over the counter medication to give to us. No effort was made to give us anything like pedialyte or gatorade to rehydrate us although we both showed signs of dehydration.

2) We were asked to tag all our groups suitcases with special tags so that they could be handle seprately to contain the virus. Then we were told that those suitcases would be traveling with my mother and I in a buss specifically for those that had been ill on the last two days of the trip. So two very ill women were asked to handle 7 large suitcases from the port to the bus. There were no porters or cart for us or any of the other passengers who were in the "sick" group. When other and myself complained the princess staff looked at us and said " well its not my stuff so why should we help you"

3) We were all placed on a bus with no bathroom, no medical staff not even a sickness bag. We then waited for about 45 min before leaving as many people on that bus were told different hours of disembarkation, i.e. I had a 6:30am time other a 9:30am time. Needless to say it was mayhem with people getting off the bus to run to a bathroom and then on the 1hr and 30 min drive people were getting sick on the bus. The poor drive was livid as he was never informed by the line that his passengers were actively ill. BTW the buss carrying the other passengers all had 2 bathrooms.

4) Response by the special cleaning crew to cabins was not existent if you became ill on the day at sea they never came to you and if they passed by they came very ill equipped. One family on our bus had 3 people ill at the same time in a cabin they had become ill on the carpets and furniture. No cleaning was done of their cabin. They were left to live in feces and vomit for at least a day. Given the bus ride with vomit and feces I believe them.

I could go further but quite frankly I would like to move on from this and hopefully cruise on another line eventually. I appreciate this forum to state my grievances and hopefully warn others. I have also contacted Princess about what we experienced.

I love love love Princess, but boy am I horrified by the noro accounts!! The lack of cleaning, bunch of sick people crammed on a bus waiting a long time and with no bathrooms, and the quarantined waiting in a restaurant where many would be eating in just a few hours!!!! Seriously Princess needs to step up its game with noro protocol!

We also disembarked on August 1st. I got ill on the night before Le Havre and rang the medical centre as advised. I didn't realise that so many got ill the same day. My cabin was sanitised that morning. I just about struggled out of bed to answer the door. It was the most awful sickness virus and, a week later, I am still feeling nauseous and off my food.

We had a separate disembarkment and were supposed to meet in Alfedos at 9.30am along with all the other isolated passengers. I was allowed to stay in my cabin until then.we got to Alfreods on time but they had all gone - I think they were running ahead of schedule. But I'm sure you wouldn't be ble to fit 200 people in Alfedos???

Luckily, we are only an hour from Southampton and I had stopped being sick by then. There is no way I could have coped with a bus journey or a flight if I was still being sick - so don't know how others managed it. My mum, who shared a cabin with me, didn't get ill, neither did the rest of my family once I got home. So it shows that you can avoid getting it if you are VERY careful.

There must have been contamination all over the ship - almost impossible to clean. Princess did a good job and the last thing they want is sick passengers. But must be like fighting a losing battle.

Tracey

That was you in Dublin about 2 weeks ago. Pic taken from our ship...can you guess what ship?

DSC01869.jpg

Met some of you at the Gravity Bar in at Guinness. We were illness free all cruise (no outbreaks) but had other issues to deal with.

Edited by need2cruisesoon

hi gbldcl

Watch out for the dolphins as you dock, may be whales at the start of the Firth,

great part of the world for a bike ride, weather will be OK

keep washing those hands,

who is your cruise director

yours Shogun

hi gbldcl

Watch out for the dolphins as you dock, may be whales at the start of the Firth,

great part of the world for a bike ride, weather will be OK

keep washing those hands,

who is your cruise director

yours Shogun

Samatha Bockar

Hi

Welcome to cruise critic

Code Red is when there is a serious infection on the ship,

The ship takes special measures to protect the passengers

Constant cleaning using disinfectant

Bio hazard cleaning crews

Things that passengers touch at meal times like salt and pepper handled by crew only,

Self service buffet stopped served by crew

Toilet doors held open

Have cruised under code red a few times and never become ill, just wash your

hands constantly avoid touching public things and never put fingers near or in your mouth.

Weather this year not good, take layers expect wind and rain as well as days in high 20s weather changes constantly

yours Shogun

My husband and I are leaving on the Royal on Wednesday for the British Isles cruise. What is the Code Red?

Noro cases onboard and extensive cleaning and safety measures in place.

No salt and pepper shakers on the table, no self service in the buffet etc.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Thank you. I have packed my Lysol wipes.

What is he weather in terms of US? Not sure what 20s mean. What is the outlook for the upcoming week?

Celsius to Fahrenheit converter:

http://www.metric-conversions.org/temperature/celsius-to-fahrenheit.htm

Or for those of us who like equations, F = C*(9/5) + 32.

Example: 20C*(9/5)+32 = 4*9 +32 = 36 +32 = 68F.

Likewise, 30C = 86F. So high 20s would seem pretty warm to most people in the US.

Hope that helps!

Carolyn

An easy way to convert Celsius to Fahrenheit is just to double the Celsius number and add 28 to it. It may not give you the exact answer a more complicated formula would give you, but for most people it's close enough. It's a method that was given to me by a ship officer and has always worked out to within 1 or 2° of the official temperature.

Edited by Sea Day Cruiser