Review "Viking sagas"norwegian cruise with ms. Rotterdam

First i want to say i am from the Netherlands. So my English may not Always be that good. Forgive me for that.

We went on the cruise "the viking sagas"with the ms. Rotterdam.

It was a good cruise for us because we could get on the ship in Rotterdam so no flying.

When we embarked the wind was very strong and we had the worst summerstorm in a century. That was our luck(:))

Embarkation was very good we arrived at the terminal at 10.30 and we could board the ship 11.30. So that was nice

Our cabin was 2509 that is at the front of the ship with portholes.

At 15.15 we had the drill and of course ther are Always some people who think that the drill is not for them so we had to wait very long.

At 16.15 we sailed.

The Ship.

The ship is not the youngest and that you can see,but it didn't bother us.

We had our dinner in the main dining room and that was for us perfect.

The lido restaurant we found it to crowded.

The mdr was very relaxing and the food was excellent.

The swimmingpool is not very big, but ther are enough beds and tables to sit on.

We loved the crows nest the best. It is at dek 9 in front off the ship and ther are some nice relax seats were we could read and have a nice drink at happy hour.

Later in the evening we went to the "mix"to enjoy a drink or two(maybe 3) before we went to bed.

At deck 3 you could get on deck to walk all around the ship.

Flam

Our first stop was Flam and the sognefjord.

Flam itself is very small with some souvenirshops and a nice little museum about the flamsbana.

I must say we booked 3 excursions all with HAL.

In Flam we had the excursion with the flamsbana(The train up the mountain to Myrdal)

It was in the afternoon so in the morning we made a walk and we went to the shops and museum. For the excursion we had to wait a long time at the trainstation(30 Min.) The trainride was very nice(sit on the right for best views) We went up the mountain and stopped at a hotel for coffee and wafels.

On our way back we stopped at the waterfall with a nice suprice from the femal trolls. We we left Flam we had a scenic cruise through the fjord. That is so wonderfull.

Ulvik

Our second stop was Ulvik. We had to disembark wih the tenders. We had an excursion To the mountainplateau. That was a trip for 5 hours but it was worth it. We stopped at a museum with a nice film and we could the wildlife of Norway. We went on to a big Dam and after that to a Hotel again for coffee and a very high waterfall.

Because the excursion was 5 hours we got a lunchbox from HAL.

In Ulvik itself is not much to see.

Stavanger

In stavanger we booked a boattour to Pulpit rock in the afternoon.

In the morning we went for a wlk into Stavanger to do a little shopping. We were not so Lucky that morning because it rained the whole morning. We went back to the boat for a lunch in the lido buffet restauran.

When we went on the boattour the sun cam out. Th trip was very nice we came underneath pulpit rock and seriously i cannot think that people are standing there on the edge to mak a foto. After that we went to a large waterfall and we could take nice pictures. After that we went to a small islan for coffee and wafels with jam and sour cream(mmmmhh)

Kristiansand

This day we had nothing planned and that was okay,because the weather was so good. We made a walk through the city and along the coastline. It was so nice with the sun shining and nice and warm. We sat in the city for a little lunch and enjoyed the sun. Later we went to the harbour to watch the little yachts and boats.

All in all it was a very nice cruise.

We had luck with the weather. That mkes it even better.

If anybody have questions about this cruise or the ship just ask and i will try to answer.

Thank you for your review! The itinerary sounds wonderful! I look forward to sailing aboard the Rotterdam for the first time in the near future!

I do have a few questions:

Who is the Captain and Cruise Director, and did they say how much longer they would be on board?

What is your opinion of the food selections in the new Lido Marketplace?

Did you try the personal pan pizzas and if so, how were they?

Did the Lido still have the Italian section? (If so, any idea if they offered lasagna daily?)

Did the TVs have HDMI ports?

Thanks again!

Edited by syesmar