Mini golf after dark?

Can you play mini golf on FOS after dark? We aren't eating until 7:45 or so, thought we'd play before dinner, but after sunset.

How late can you play?

thanks!

24 hours, no charge.

We played about midnight under the basketball court lights beside it. It was great on a very warm night!!! Sometimes there is not enough light to see anything. Depends on the ship location of the course and if there is good light on the mini course.

Can you play mini golf on FOS after dark? We aren't eating until 7:45 or so, thought we'd play before dinner, but after sunset.

How late can you play?

thanks!

The wind can make playing after dark pretty interesting. At night the ship is usually moving and with being an upper deck, the wind can actually blow the ball off the hole. But you can do it!

You can actually purchase golf balls that glow in the dark. About $5 apiece. Google night golf balls. I realize you're only playing putt putt but might be kinda cool. Different colors available.

My country club played a nine hole night golf tournament last Friday. These balls glow when you hit them or bounce them on the ground. Really cool watching these balls fly through the air like tracer shells.

just check the compass, as sometimes they have after-dark mini golf tournaments for the teens/tweens. otherwise, the course is totally open after dark. it's fun, but windy.

the glow in the dark golf balls are a great idea. i wonder if i could find some last-minute - i leave on liberty this saturday. :D

If you're an Amazon Prime member you could have them by Wednesday ;)

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aglow%20in%20the%20dark%20golf%20balls

is it bad that the first thing that jumped out at me on that page is the "exploding golf ball" trick balls? :D

i've never bothered to sign up for prime because i live in a major metro area and usually get my shipments in 2-3 days even with free shipping and no prime membership. with my luck this would be the order that came late. :p i may try, though. DH and I have a mini-golf competition every cruise.

There's nothing better on a calm, warm and moonlit night than going up on the deck to play mini-golf! So much peace and quiet and no waiting for other people playing in front of you. The peace and quiet and relaxation is fantastic. You have to try it. :D

I have a question, which seems silly, but I really don't know the answer. I have never played mini golf on any of the ships and think this December (since we are bringing our daughter and my mom along) may be the time we do! Where do we go to get the clubs and balls? I never noticed them being around when I walked through the area but I probably wasn't looking for them either. LOL :confused:

Thanks!!

Holly:D

I have a question, which seems silly, but I really don't know the answer. I have never played mini golf on any of the ships and think this December (since we are bringing our daughter and my mom along) may be the time we do! Where do we go to get the clubs and balls? I never noticed them being around when I walked through the area but I probably wasn't looking for them either. LOL :confused:

Thanks!!

Holly:D

The clubs and balls are right near the beginning of the first hole.

is it bad that the first thing that jumped out at me on that page is the "exploding golf ball" trick balls? :D

i've never bothered to sign up for prime because i live in a major metro area and usually get my shipments in 2-3 days even with free shipping and no prime membership. with my luck this would be the order that came late. :p i may try, though. DH and I have a mini-golf competition every cruise.

LOL!!!! I hadn't even noticed those!!!

I've never played mini-golf onboard. But all this talk is making me rethink that!

Mini golf after dark sounds like a blast. Wonder if they will ever make a golf course with lighting built in to create a cool atmosphere for it.

One thing to be aware of if buying special golf balls. I believe the Voyager and Freedom class use regular balls, but the Oasis class has special golf balls that are designed to limit injury in case they fall onto the Boardwalk and hit someone so you should not use any ball but the ones provided on those ships.