Anthem Review (sailed 18th July 2015 - 14 Nights)

Sauspud thanks for this great review! You have also been very helpful answering lots of questions etc! Just to say enjoy your 40th birthday mini cruise, what a great way to spend your birthday!

Thank you. I'll add an extra review on here after that trip.

We had interior connecting rooms with our teenagers in the second room on a recent Anthem cruise. While we had not been on Anthem (or Quantum) previously we have been on other cruises, including on Freedom and Oasis, and when the doors were closed between the rooms we couldn't hear them, their music (even if when I went into their room I thought the music seemed loud and made them turn it down anyway because of their other side neighbors), etc.

We are on Dynamic Dining too. You mentioned that you had pre booked your dinner sittings.We don't like that idea as we like to suck it and see how the day pans out. Do you know if we can still turn up at the restaurant and get a table for 2,probably have to wait a while but that isn't a problem.

We are on Dynamic Dining too. You mentioned that you had pre booked your dinner sittings.We don't like that idea as we like to suck it and see how the day pans out. Do you know if we can still turn up at the restaurant and get a table for 2,probably have to wait a while but that isn't a problem.

Yes, you can just turn up and try and get a table. Seeing it's just 2 of you, it shouldn't be too bad. Just depends which restaurant and what time you go. I would suggest avoiding the early and late seating times of DD Classic, as they all turn up at the same time.

If you want any of the specialty restaurants then book in advance, as these have limited spaces and do get fully booked.

And you could always do the windjammer if all that fails.

Yes, you can just turn up and try and get a table. Seeing it's just 2 of you, it shouldn't be too bad. Just depends which restaurant and what time you go. I would suggest avoiding the early and late seating times of DD Classic, as they all turn up at the same time.

If you want any of the specialty restaurants then book in advance, as these have limited spaces and do get fully booked.

And you could always do the windjammer if all that fails.

Thanks for the advice/info. Don't know about Anthem but we found the Windjammer on other class of ships to be like a cattle market at breakfast time,didn't visit it in the evening.

Thank you for a great review.

Thanks for the advice/info. Don't know about Anthem but we found the Windjammer on other class of ships to be like a cattle market at breakfast time,didn't visit it in the evening.

Thank you for a great review.

Yes that can be true.

THAT'S why we booked every restaurant, just like you are meant to on Dynamic Dining. You can always change the booked venue once onboard if tastes change. But going with no bookings and not liking cattle market rushing or windjammer experience, I feel IMHO you will not enjoy the experience onboard. Or have long wait times for dinner.

• 2 weeks later...

I am sailing on Anthem again on 24th October 2015 (that's 10/24/15 for our American cousins) for her LAST UK sailing, so anything I haven't mentioned or you need me to clarify, just ask now before I sail and I will either answer now if answer known or reply in here when I return.

I will of course do a farewell review of her on my return as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Just made a playlist of the Commis Chef videos on their own. This was also a great way of getting a free meal in wonderland or Jamie's. So always volunteer for any and everything on board, you never know what you might win.

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Just made a playlist of the Commis Chef videos on their own. This was also a great way of getting a free meal in wonderland or Jamie's. So always volunteer for any and everything on board, you never know what you might win.

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

I just see an empty screen.

If you say 'last UK sailing' it implies that 24th Oct is the last time the Anthem sails from the UK - this isn't correct. The last sailing from the UK is 27th - sorry you're not on it but it is!!

I say "Last UK Sailing" implying that this is the last cruise you can go on from the UK on a round trip back to the UK.

The true last UK sailing, not a TA cruise that you do not end back in Southampton.

Are you going to swim back to the UK? NO, didn't think so.

Do you disembark in the UK, NO, didn't think so.

So it is not the LAST UK Sailing.

Sorry but you are on the first TA cruise NOT the last UK sailing.

Oh I see - so you can only say you are on a UK sailing if you are coming back to UK? Nonsense - but anyway, who cares, it was just for the clarification for other users on CC. Enjoy your three days to Belgium AND BACK. We shall have just a fabulous time in NYC :)

Shame you took the post so personally and had to be so sarcastic - must have touched a nerve methinks

Oh I see - so you can only say you are on a UK sailing if you are coming back to UK? Nonsense - but anyway, who cares, it was just for the clarification for other users on CC. Enjoy your three days to Belgium AND BACK. We shall have just a fabulous time in NYC :)

Shame you took the post so personally and had to be so sarcastic - must have touched a nerve methinks

Thank you for taking the time to take this thread off topic, with a pointless pedantic comment. Enjoy the States and hope your cruise isn't spoilt with the refit work being carried out getting her ready for the USA market.

I will enjoy Paris and Brugges on my Birthday cruise, thank you!;)

it plays fine on the webpage, plays fine in the app if you have the youtube app installed. What equipment are you trying to view it with?

SausPud,

I believe what's happening is that the link is trying to run in the native Cruise Critic app viewer, rather than launching the You Tube app on the phone.

I'm having the same issue.

I'll go to the site on my computer shortly, and test from there.

I'm using an iPhone 6s Plus.

SausPud,

I believe what's happening is that the link is trying to run in the native Cruise Critic app viewer, rather than launching the You Tube app on the phone.

I'm having the same issue.

I'll go to the site on my computer shortly, and test from there.

I'm using an iPhone 6s Plus.

There is your problem, Apple.

Works great on Android and you can choose what app runs what links when pressed, unlike iphones.

There is your problem, Apple.

Works great on Android and you can choose what app runs what links when pressed, unlike iphones.

Yeah yeah [emoji6]

I've had both types of devices. I've even had windows based phones.

As an IT guy, I'm product agnostic, but I do believe that the hardware that Apple puts out is superior.

I do not believe that they are the innovators that they once were and I don't think they their OS has anything that's notable, compares to Android.

But I'll take my MacBook Pro any day over any PC.

I have VMware running Windows and RedHat and with the swipe of the trackpad, I'm working on my Mac.

Okay - back to cruising stuff [emoji120]