How much OBC to get?

As a Canadian I do some shopping on board especially things like Clinique - even with exchange is a better buy because ship has "double" paks. Did some Christmas shopping aboard also which OBC could be used for. Sometimes I find ship's excursions suit me.

I do have a question about buying OBC for a cruise that hasn't reached final payment. If I decided to transfer it to another booking - what happens to the OBC?

As long as you don't cancel the booking, the OBC should stay with the booking.

If I booked my cruise through a Travel Agent do I have to contact them to purchase OBC or can I do it online or through Royal directly?

Thanks!

You can call Royal directly to purchase OBC.

Good to know as I assumed it would be required (so they don't have to worry about sneaking drinks for others). It may actually be worthwhile for DH. Will take a closer look. (And if we did, it would reduce our required OBC )

Don't pay for it in advance as you will pay the full exchange rate, rather buy the package on board using the 1.1 exchange rate. We are doing a road trip from Florida to Texas after our TA so my mother will be able to withdraw any leftover OBC in USD to put towards gas etc (at $1.10).

Don't pay for it in advance as you will pay the full exchange rate, rather buy the package on board using the 1.1 exchange rate. We are doing a road trip from Florida to Texas after our TA so my mother will be able to withdraw any leftover OBC in USD to put towards gas etc (at $1.10).

So you mean to use OBC to buy the drink package? If I purchase it now, then the amount shows in CAD so I'm not sure what rate they use.

So you mean to use OBC to buy the drink package? If I purchase it now, then the amount shows in CAD so I'm not sure what rate they use.

we have brought OBC and will then use it to purchase speciality dining, drinks etc. on the ship in $US.

although the charge shows in $CDN the actual OBC will be in $US.

have a read of this thread.....lots of information about it!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2159570

Yes, from what I understand you do NOT get the 1.1 rate if you prepay your drink package, gratuities & restaurants before your cruise. That is why the Canadians are using their OBC rather than prepaying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk