Uber San Jose Airport to San Francisco Cruise Terminal

dockman

I want to fly into San Jose as better schedule and price for me.

I then need to get from SJC to the SF cruise terminal.

Has anyone taken a UBER taxi for this route and know approx time and cost?

If no UBER is there any kind of super shuttle or how can I get there without spending a fortune. Very little luggage involved but would still prefer a UBER if feasible.

Thanks for advice.

I want to fly into San Jose as better schedule and price for me.

I then need to get from SJC to the SF cruise terminal.

Has anyone taken a UBER taxi for this route and know approx time and cost?

If no UBER is there any kind of super shuttle or how can I get there without spending a fortune. Very little luggage involved but would still prefer a UBER if feasible.

Thanks for advice.

Try the West Coast ports board.

That is a long trip. Depending on traffic, it will be very expensive. My sister lives 7 min from SFO and has seen Uber pricing being as much as $80 over a holiday weekend just to get to her house! Let alone from San Jose to the pier. I wouldn't recommend it.

Edited by melody hounddog

That is a long trip. Depending on traffic, it will be very expensive. My sister lives 7 min from SFO and has seen Uber pricing being as much as $80 over a holiday weekend just to get to her house! Let alone from San Jose to the pier. I wouldn't recommend it.

Thanks. How about Caltrain? How does that work from the airport?

It is my understanding that Caltrain has a free shuttle at SJC airport and the fare into SF is $12 per. It looks to be a 5 to 10 minute walk to Pier 39.

^

I don't know anything about this and if it is true, we'd love to get the details. BUT, Princess cruises out of Pier 27 now. Just an FYI.

These are only suggestions as I have never flown into Mineta (San Jose Airport)

1a - take a cab to Santa Clara Caltrain station. Should be no longer than a 15 minute drive.

option -

1b - Take a bus from (ask for directions) Terminal B to the Santa Clara Caltrain station. $2

2 - Take Caltrain into SF station (4th and King Streets) It's about $12 pp and about 1hr-1-1/2 hr ride.

3a - grab another cab to take you to the pier 27 (there are buses going there but they will take 1/2 hour or more depending on traffic).

option

3b - or walk to Pier 27. It's 2.5 miles and will take approx. 40 minutes.

If there is a shuttle from San Jose into the SF that would probably be your best deal but you will probably be dealing with others getting off at different locations along the way.

Just some options if you have the time, patience, and stamina. It will save you some bucks but probably will take 2 hours of your time.

Edited by iceleven

OK..thanks all.

It appears there is a free shuttle from SJC airport to nearby caltrain station then take caltrain into SF city and taxi from there. May take a while but in no big hurry anyway and very little luggage so will give it a shot

http://www.caltrain.com/schedules/shuttles.html

Santa Clara Caltrain Station

* Airport Flyer Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority's Airport Flyer (Route 10) takes you between the Santa Clara Caltrain Station and the San Jose International Airport . The Airport Flyer is free and operates seven-days-aweek from 5:30 a.m. until midnight. Buses operate every 10 minutes on weekdays and every 15 minutes on weekends. For more information on the Airport Flyer and route planning, contact VTA's 24-hour line at 408.321.2300, or visit the airport's web site.

http://www.caltrain.com/stations/systemmap.html

I'm taking a shuttle, San Jose to Pier 27. $150 for 4 people plus luggage, non stop, well maybe some traffic but not for more passages. I'm leaving for my house which is a little bit further than SJC.

Call around and you should get a similar price.

Good luck. Enjoy your cruise.

You can also catch a KT Muni car right outside of the CalTrain station in San Francisco. You would get off at Embarcadaro and either walk a short distance to the pier or catch the F car.

Another option is to catch a bus from San Jose Airport to the Freemont BART station and take BART to the Embarcadaro,

Here's a helpful link to help you plan.

http://tripplanner.transit.511.org/mtc/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2?language=en

• 3 weeks later...
You can also catch a KT Muni car right outside of the CalTrain station in San Francisco. You would get off at Embarcadaro and either walk a short distance to the pier or catch the F car.

Another option is to catch a bus from San Jose Airport to the Freemont BART station and take BART to the Embarcadaro,

Here's a helpful link to help you plan.

http://tripplanner.transit.511.org/mtc/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2?language=en

Solid recommendation right here.

I would sure have to be a huge savings in the airfare for me to fly into/out of San Jose for a cruise from SF. You may not be in a rush to get to the ship but how about heading home afterwards? I'd fly into SF then take BART to the Embarcadero station and then walk to the ship (10-15 minutes) Much easier and less prone to traffic issues etc.

How much cheaper was the airfare? You may save $ on the airfare but is your time/trouble getting to the ship worth that?

• 1 year later...
Off course it is worth it! Why would we do it otherwise... We save big bucks on air fare, plus it is a direst flight and we get home at a decent time. Why would you give such a nasty answer???

Do not know which airline you are using but have you also looked at Oakland as a possibility. Sometimes flights to there are also less than SFO. It is a much simpler trip then via BART to the cruise port. If you elect to use Caltrain from San Jose look carefully at the schedule. Unlike BART which is a transit system, Caltrain is a commuter railroad which operates very limited service at non-commute times. Also while I love the walk along the Embarcadero it is a lot farther from Caltrain, which terminates south of market. Some of the previous suggestions, such as the Muni F may look good on a map but are less practical than they seem The F for instance runs a set of historic rail cars that are poorly designed for luggage. We use BART all the time from SFO or OAK but San Jose is another story. Even the current extension will not go near the airport

Off course it is worth it! Why would we do it otherwise... We save big bucks on air fare, plus it is a direst flight and we get home at a decent time. Why would you give such a nasty answer???

You do know the post you're responding to is over a year old?