Drink Package Prices

hello,

Can anyone tell me if the drink package prices went up? When I checked online for my upcoming cruise booked in U.S. Dollars it says it's $22.42 /per day plus 18% gratuity. I thought it was $19/day plus gratuity for the royal replenish?

For one of my cruises coming up in Canadian dollars they charged me $24.70/ per day plus 18% and that seems higher.

Anyone experience this?

hello,

Can anyone tell me if the drink package prices went up? When I checked online for my upcoming cruise booked in U.S. Dollars it says it's $22.42 /per day plus 18% gratuity. I thought it was $19/day plus gratuity for the royal replenish?

For one of my cruises coming up in Canadian dollars they charged me $24.70/ per day plus 18% and that seems higher.

Anyone experience this?

Are you sure that they are adding another 18%? $22.42 is exactly $19 plus 18%.

I have heard that the prices were/had gone up a few dollars from others, but haven't seen it anywhere myself yet.

Wouldn't surprise me with RCI.

That being said, if your cruise is already booked, I wouldn't think they would raise it for those cruises, just future bookings?

I would be calling for sure to get a direct/exact answer from them!

I just checked mine..it looks like the price in CAD went up...$75/day now for the PP package with tip included.

The Royal replenish package is $24.40/day CAD tip included....so it appears they went up in CAD pricing..but that could be exchange driven...

I checked my upcoming cruise I paid for in USD and the pricing is $22USD for the Royal Replenish and $58USD for the premium package, tip included.

I would defn be double checking with your TA or with RCI directly!

hello,

Anyone experience this?

As per the website when trying to purchase a package it quotes $24.70 per day but it doesn't say whether tax is included or not and when I add it to my cart an additional 18% is added. Some have said the prices quoted include tax? I've decided to just purchase extra OBC at the great rate they are giving for Canadian exchange and buy the packages once on board.

Edited by jtdlmc

Here's the interesting thing... last week I posted the following:

So, my booking is in $CDN and when I add a Premium Drinks pkg, listed at $59 cdn to my cart for an 11 night cruise it prices at $700.70 plus $126.12 gratuities for a total of $826.82

by my math it should be $59 X 11 = $649 plus $116.82 in gratuities for a total of $765.82

that's a difference of $61, times 2 of us is $122.

is there something I'm missing?

Seems the mystery is solved, as the price I was seeing in my shopping cart is what is NOW advertised online!

it seems they hadn't updated their flyer!!

I've already brought OBC in $US to use, but it's nice to know why there was a discrepancy!

Good to know some people have been experiencing the same issues as me.

I called Crown and Anchor today and explained for my cruise booked in USD it says the drink package is $22.42 per day, which includes tips. However when I look at my canadian cruise it says the cost is $24.70 but this is NOT including tip. I asked why my american cruise includes tips but my canadian does not. He could not give me an answer so I just asked him to refund my purchase which he did. I will simply buy the package when I am on board at the rate of $19 USD plus tax.