It's not a BOAT......

I paid a lot of money to go on a cruise and i will call it a boat if i want to, while I am the subject if i want to have on jeane and tank top for formal dining i will, I will be rude to everyone at dinner and be the table mate from hell, along the same subject i will bring crying kids into the dining room to disturb everyones dinner, I will be the one who pushes every elevator button before you get off the thing. I also will be the one who does not leave any tips for anyone all cruise long. I will also let my son go in the pool in swim dipers, and not really care what others think (my son is 28 so he might look kind of funny) there must be other things i can do to be rude and crude on my next cruise, so every one just look for me on a cruise I will be easy to spot, I will be the one being made to walk to plank.

Bob's evil twin brother

You forgot to hog a few deck chairs.

And didn't we meet on my last cruise?:rolleyes:

I paid a lot of money to go on a cruise and i will call it a boat if i want to, while I am the subject if i want to have on jeane and tank top for formal dining i will, I will be rude to everyone at dinner and be the table mate from hell, along the same subject i will bring crying kids into the dining room to disturb everyones dinner, I will be the one who pushes every elevator button before you get off the thing. I also will be the one who does not leave any tips for anyone all cruise long. I will also let my son go in the pool in swim dipers, and not really care what others think (my son is 28 so he might look kind of funny) there must be other things i can do to be rude and crude on my next cruise, so every one just look for me on a cruise I will be easy to spot, I will be the one being made to walk to plank.

Bob's evil twin brother

Tee Hee! Maybe your twenty-eight year old son in his swim diapers can play with my twenty-year old son in his . . . and I don't for a minute think they'll look funny . . . :D

Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat

Definition for boat:

boat (bōt) pron.gif

n.

1. A relatively small, usually open craft of a size that might be carried aboard a ship.
    2. An inland vessel of any size.
    3. A ship or submarine.

[*]A dish shaped like a boat: a sauce boat.

Are you trying to tell me a ship is a boat, but a boat is not always a ship ??.... and is a cabin a room ?? ?:eek:

Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat

Have you been sniffing markers again?:confused: :D

What's the difference between a boat and a ship?

Dear Cecil:

I've got a hypothetical question. I'm building this boat. It's getting bigger and bigger. At what point does it become a ship? -- Jack S., San Antonio, Texas

Dear Jack:

Well, we could get technical, I suppose. Among sailing vessels, the distinction between ships and boats is that a ship is a square-rigged craft with at least three masts, and a boat isn't. With regard to motorized craft, a ship is a large vessel intended for oceangoing or at least deep-water transport, and a boat is anything else.

But that's too much to remember. Try this: ships have to be big enough to carry boats, and boats have to be small enough to be carried by ships.

There are exceptions, of course. Many commercial fishing craft, for example, are sizable oceangoing vessels, yet they're almost invariably called boats. Similarly for submarines, built by General Dynamics' Electric Boat Division. The Great Lakes are pretty deep, and one sees certain large vessels on them that to all appearances are ships, but in fact said vessels are commonly called ore boats. However, these exceptions mar the classic purity of the answer above, so we'll pay them no mind.

It's also possible that a ship was possibly called a "shipper" at one point because it was a vessel whose primary purpose was "shipping" goods and then the term came to include other types of boats which were about the same size or larger, and the goods could include people.

Allen

My husband always calls them boats, it drives me nuts. Another thing that drives me nuts, is dinning room and not dining room, nuts.

I don't shudder and grind my teeth when someone calls a boat a ship or a ship a boat. What gets me is when some of these same nit-pickers consistently misuse the pronoun "I", as in, "It was a great cruise for my husband and I".

It's become an epidemic! On television, probably over 90 percent of the people you hear speak misuse it, and then people repeat the misusage, thinking that it must be right, since they heard it on TV.

It should be "....for my husband and me". If you're in doubt, drop one of the objects (in this case the word "husband") and then say the sentence, as in "It was a great cruise for....." You would say "for me", not "for I". Use that simple test and you'll never make the mistake again.

Now I hope I can get all of you cringing along with me when you're bombarded by this misusage. :D

Allen

Don't forget!

Spelling and Grammar Errors It is important to remember that everyone makes mistakes at one time or another, and that there are many users who use English as a second language, especially on our Cruise Boards. There are also a number of people who suffer from learning disabilities and who have difficulty noticing their spelling mistakes. Do not make comments on the spelling and grammar of other users. It is simply not a productive expenditure of energies.

You would say "for me"' date=' not "for I". Use that simple test and you'll never make the mistake again.

Now I hope I can get all of you cringing along with me when you're bombarded by this misusage. :D

Allen[/quote']

Me and my wife had a GREAT time.

Me like.... Me like, A LOT !!!

Archived