How will I know when I am "Ticketed"?

bigenna

First time using Princess Cruises Easyair or any cruise air for that matter.

Will I be notified by the cruiseline when my ticket is actually a done deal? Or do I look for it somewhere on their website or phone them?

Or will the airline let me know? And when will I know?

A little nervous about all this as it is the first time it is right out of my control.

Our flights are Air France, YVR CDG BCN on Sept 25th.

And American Airlines FLL DFW YVR, on Oct 17th

Appreciate any input to put me more at ease.

Sign in to your Princess cruise information. Your flights should show up with a locator. A locator does not mean the flights are ticketed, but use the locator (also called confirmation) to access your flight information on the airline website. When you find your flight, look for a receipt. The receipt shows a ticket number. Delta, for example, uses a 13 digit ticket number that always starts with 006.

No receipt means you are not yet ticketed.

Air France ticket numbers start with 057, American Airlines ticket numbers start with 001. Be aware however that sometimes there is a single digit to the left of the ticket number that might be confusing. However, those were normally seen on paper tickets, which one rarely if ever sees.

Sign in to your Princess cruise information. Your flights should show up with a locator. A locator does not mean the flights are ticketed, but use the locator (also called confirmation) to access your flight information on the airline website. When you find your flight, look for a receipt. The receipt shows a ticket number. Delta, for example, uses a 13 digit ticket number that always starts with 006.

No receipt means you are not yet ticketed.

Just want to clarify that the locator code is usually a 6 digit alphanumeric code, so that you don't see that and assume it's the actual ticket number, which as All That Jazz indicated is usually much longer.

First time using Princess Cruises Easyair or any cruise air for that matter.

Will I be notified by the cruiseline when my ticket is actually a done deal? Or do I look for it somewhere on their website or phone them?

Or will the airline let me know? And when will I know?

A little nervous about all this as it is the first time it is right out of my control.

Our flights are Air France, YVR CDG BCN on Sept 25th.

And American Airlines FLL DFW YVR, on Oct 17th

Appreciate any input to put me more at ease.

And once you are "ticketed", about 60 days out, you should have more control; choose your seats or an upgrade, through the airline.

On one of our cruise/flights, WE were NOT notified, and ended up on a full flight with seats in the back of the plane.

When I asked the cruise line why?,, they said, once ticketed, it was our responsibility to choose seats. The airline will do an auto-pick if you don't.

Also, keep checking notifications of possible flight-time changes and "re-configurations"(one type of plane swapped out for another), where you may lose your seat assignment.

Edited by $hip$hape

It is highly unlikely, unless you are in business, to have advance seat selections intra-Europe on AF (and many other European carriers). YVR to CDG, yes. CDG to BCN, likely given either at check-in at YVR or once you get to CDG.

Yes, we were able to see on the airlines websites, the seats we had chosen, other than the CDG TO BCN flight.

We paid in full weeks ago and are still 48 days out and still showing as

Tickets: Not Issued. On the airlines site. Hopefully in the next few days then.

Thanks for the help.

Yes, we were able to see on the airlines websites, the seats we had chosen, other than the CDG TO BCN flight.

We paid in full weeks ago and are still 48 days out and still showing as

Tickets: Not Issued. On the airlines site. Hopefully in the next few days then.

Thanks for the help.

As I said, keep checking.

It's good to know, you also asked on another thread;

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=47369177

Princess Cruise Air only promises to get you to and from the cruise.

When you are "ticketed"(Princess pays for the ticket), they hand you over to the airlines.

Yes I know, like I said, nervous Nellie here. Didn't get an answer here for a while so I did post on the princess forum too. Trying to cover all the bases.

OMG!!! The first, and accurate answer didn't show up for 9 hours. Oh, the humanity!!

Some of us actually have lives. Sorry that we couldn't answer at the speed of light.

Then again, we pride ourselves in trying to deal in fact here, as opposed to many of the forums where speculation and actual wrong answers are the order of the day.

Again...sorry. On behalf of the cruise air denizens, we'll spend more time glued to our monitors.

OMG!!! The first, and accurate answer didn't show up for 9 hours. Oh, the humanity!!

Some of us actually have lives. Sorry that we couldn't answer at the speed of light.

Then again, we pride ourselves in trying to deal in fact here, as opposed to many of the forums where speculation and actual wrong answers are the order of the day.

Again...sorry. On behalf of the cruise air denizens, we'll spend more time glued to our monitors.

Hahaha, I will take that as tongue in cheek! Told you I was a nervous Nellie!

Just to let you have an update : 45 days out and I am now officially ticketed.

Thanks to all of you that helped me understand the process and the majority who were so kind in explaining so patiently to a nervous novice like me.

Happy travels!

• 2 weeks later...
Just to let you have an update : 45 days out and I am now officially ticketed.

Thanks to all of you that helped me understand the process and the majority who were so kind in explaining so patiently to a nervous novice like me.

Happy travels!

Since you have until 45 days out to make changes/cancellations, it makes sense that they won't actually ticket you until that deadline has passed.