Starting to pack....

Scorpio41

I always make a packing list and tick things off as they go in the case. So often before I would wonder if I had put something in and then have to unpack to check.

enjoy your cruise

sunny seas

Very impressed [emoji2] I have a 'cruise draw' where I keep stuff for guess what? Cruises! So things I'm likely to forget like extension lead, pegs, bingo dabber, first aid kit etc. I then only really have to pack clothes, swimmies, shoes, toiletries, make up and hair straightners. So long as I've got the formal clothes sorted and some smart things for dinner I tend only to pack clothes I wear at home all the time because that's what I tend to reach for on a cruise. As for all the stuff I keep in my wardrobe that I never really wear (but is well travelled) I need to take it to the charity shop and give it a chance with someone else [emoji15]

We tend to pack the day before we leave. I put everything on a bed and then share things out into our 2 cases - half and half incase one gets lost! We too have a holiday draw which has all the stuff we need for a holiday - sun creams. basic first aid stuff etc so it makes like easier! Have to admit I have my 'holiday gear' - the stuff that only comes out once a year like shorts!

Have just come back ---- how we unpack is another matter ---- it all gets thrown on the floor in piles and we work our way through it as it gets washed. Groan.

Edited by Presto2

I think on p&o there are laundry rooms where u can iron and wash ur clothes for free you have to bring your own washing powered

There are definitely laundry rooms on each deck with ironing boards and irons pre wired - not sure if you can plug your own in - I suspect not.

Bring your own washing powder/liquid or you can buy tablets on board they were 50p a tablet last time I bought them a few years back. I'm usually the only man doing the ironing thou....

Very impressed [emoji2] I have a 'cruise draw' where I keep stuff for guess what? Cruises! So things I'm likely to forget like extension lead, pegs, bingo dabber, first aid kit etc. I then only really have to pack clothes, swimmies, shoes, toiletries, make up and hair straightners. So long as I've got the formal clothes sorted and some smart things for dinner I tend only to pack clothes I wear at home all the time because that's what I tend to reach for on a cruise. As for all the stuff I keep in my wardrobe that I never really wear (but is well travelled) I need to take it to the charity shop and give it a chance with someone else [emoji15]

Can I ask what you need the extension lead for? We're first time cruisers and there are so many mysteries!

Can I ask what you need the extension lead for? We're first time cruisers and there are so many mysteries!

To give you more power points for all of your 'stuff' - chargers of various types for tablets, phones, computers, hair straighteners, driers etc etc. To be honest we don't find that we need one but other cruisers find them invaluable.

A 'first time' cruisers eh ------ welcome to cruising. Hope you realise that this is an expensive habit and you never do just one cruise ;);)

We tend to pack the day before we leave. I put everything on a bed and then share things out into our 2 cases - half and half incase one gets lost! We too have a holiday draw which has all the stuff we need for a holiday - sun creams. basic first aid stuff etc so it makes like easier! Have to admit I have my 'holiday gear' - the stuff that only comes out once a year like shorts!

Have just come back ---- how we unpack is another matter ---- it all gets thrown on the floor in piles and we work our way through it as it gets washed. Groan.

We are exactly the same, I thought this is why we have a spare bedroom. The holiday gear is kept in the wardrobes in said spare room. When we get back the floor of spare room is the dumping space for the stuff that needs washing.