Tea and coffee.

Johnno3c

Not had the pleasure of cruising Celebrity before but will be doing so very soon.

Do you get charged for tea and coffee whilst on the ship or is it free at meal times? I understand there may be a charge for tea if it's not your ordinary breakfast tea or coffee with frothy milk or liquor in it. Just trying to work out any potential costs.

Not had the pleasure of cruising Celebrity before but will be doing so very soon.

Do you get charged for tea and coffee whilst on the ship or is it free at meal times? I understand there may be a charge for tea if it's not your ordinary breakfast tea or coffee with frothy milk or liquor in it. Just trying to work out any potential costs.

Tea and coffee are free all the time and available in all restaurants as well as the buffet 24/7. You are correct about specialty items.

Celebrity recently switched to Lavazza, an Italian brand (free) and we loved it.

Some say the free tea is on the weak side -- try using 2 bags per cup

The pay coffees and teas are good too. We are addicted to cappuccino and I like the Iglu a cold coffee concoction

Treats are available at Cafe al Bacio

Love the little fruit covered tarts

I understand how important coffee is to some people like ME [emoji477]️[emoji513]

Edited by true45

Thanks for your replies.

Anything cake is good for me and I do enjoy a good coffee but have to limit myself so that my heart doesn't start racing, they can be quite strong so I order hot water too.

Really looking forward to our cruise now, counting the days.

Thanks for your replies.

Anything cake is good for me and I do enjoy a good coffee but have to limit myself so that my heart doesn't start racing, they can be quite strong so I order hot water too.

Really looking forward to our cruise now, counting the days.

Cafe El Bacio has the specialty coffees which of course cost but they have pastries, cookies, etc which are free whether you make a purchase or not. Also, no that AFIB well.

Thanks Don. Yes the AFIB can be a nuisance at times but med keeps it calm most of the time. Only had one incident where I had to be taken off ship, but luckily allowed back on. My wife still worries when we cruise.

Be aware that the free coffee is of extremely poor quality and getting a decent cup of tea is too much hassle as the hot-water is never boiling. Suggest you take some instant coffee sachets to get you by, the specialty coffees are good but will cost you in excess of $5. Always have a problem at El Bacio as they seldomly heat the milk hot enough even when asked for a HOT coffee.

Be aware that the free coffee is of extremely poor quality and getting a decent cup of tea is too much hassle as the hot-water is never boiling. Suggest you take some instant coffee sachets to get you by, the specialty coffees are good but will cost you in excess of $5. Always have a problem at El Bacio as they seldomly heat the milk hot enough even when asked for a HOT coffee.

Just ask them for a double shot of steam and then your speciality coffee (for me a mocha) is nice and hot.