San Juan Hotel recomendation

wendyp247

Depends on the pier. If it the Old San Juan pier (used by Carnival - maybe others) the Old San Juan Sheraton is literally across the street - and also on the edge of the old city - great for exploring the evening befor, and morning of, embarkation. The other pier - Pan American - is, I believe, used by Celebrity and Princess, and is not immediately near much of anything. Your cruise line can tell you which pier.

We have stayed for a full week, twice, at El Convento. It is an amazing, historic, luxury hotel. Everything in OSJ is within walking distance, so it's only a few blocks to the pier. It has several restaurants, terrific service, and is absolutely gorgeous. A rooftop deck where you can see all of the city and bay, with a free wine and cheese reception every night at 6pm. It is my own personal happy place. Can't wait to go back, but we're doing a cruise this year instead :)

The piers aren't that far from the airport or the condado and isle Verde beach areas......I have stayed at the caribe Hilton,marriott stellaris and intercontinental . ....all very pricey with great pools.....going in feb and looking to spend less....found the coral princess in the same area....like the local feel and small enough that it won't take hours to check in.....happy looking....love sju!

It depends on which pier you are sailing out of. We have only sailed on Celebrity in San Juan, so we sail out of the Pan-American pier. We usually stay in Condado or Isle Verde because we like the beach and we have done Old San Jaun many times. We have stayed at the Marriott Stellaris using Marriott points, and the last time we sailed, we stayed at a boutique hotel, The San Juan Water and Beach Club. we really liked it, and would stay there again.

I've stayed at the Hampton Inn a couple of times in Isla Verde. It is a very short cab ride to the Pan American pier. I think it is the only hotel that doesn't charge a resort fee and prices were reasonable.

We stayed at Villa Herencia the last time we were in San Juan. A small boutique hotel in OSJ. A beautiful place, rooftop bathtubs. We had the upstairs "suite" which opened to the rooftop. It's open to all guests, but very interesting nonetheless. Disappointed that it's booked for our pre cruise trip in December. We're staying at the Sheraton OSJ this time. As others have said, it's across the street from the cruise terminal and walking distance from everything in OSJ.

What about the Sheraton Convention center? Anyone stayed here? You said there is resort fees. How much are they? Do I need to contact the hotel to find out before I book. Any info is helpful