Balcony Blitz???

kkttc

When I came home from work, I found an e-mail conformation that I've been changed to 10235, which is on the rear hump, by the elevator.

Wonderful! I've had an inside guarantee booked for a few months, still not assigned a cabin, I'm not worried, though, I tell myself that if i wait long enough, maybe I'll get an upgrade to the Yacht Club, LOL! :D I'm just booking the Bella Experience, I'm a little confused by the whole Experience thing, that started after my last cruise. I just can't see paying more for what? Children' cooking classes? A more likely chance to get my preferred dining time?? Throw in a few free drinks or a gelato or something and maybe I'd be interested. :D

Wonderful! I've had an inside guarantee booked for a few months, still not assigned a cabin, I'm not worried, though, I tell myself that if i wait long enough, maybe I'll get an upgrade to the Yacht Club, LOL! :D I'm just booking the Bella Experience, I'm a little confused by the whole Experience thing, that started after my last cruise. I just can't see paying more for what? Children' cooking classes? A more likely chance to get my preferred dining time?? Throw in a few free drinks or a gelato or something and maybe I'd be interested. :D

IMHO the experience thing as a big con ( in business speak = marketing ploy)

What they did was take the old basic service level and make it the second level (Fantstica) by introducing a lower level (Bella). You then have immediately got the opportunity of a price increase to the service that was always available ,ie the fantastica, especially if you throw in a few no cost items eg possibly the choice of dining times.

On the other hand the Aurea experience has some real benefits included. When I priced up my two upcoming cruises,the Aurea, which included the Allgrissimo drinks package was cheaper than having a balcony fantastica cabin and purshasing the Allegrissimo seperately. the cost saving was around £8 per person per day.

So if you are thinking of a balcony and buying the drinks package it is well worth doing the calculation before booking, it may work out better.

Pete

Finally today we got our assigned Balcony...9089! :) Is this a good one?

It's OK in that it is 3 cabins away from the hump wall so it won't have a full 180 degree field of view, but as a balcony cabin it is free of the lifeboat view (you will look down on to it as do virtually all the cabins in the reccessed areas so no problem there) and it's not a steel type balcony; so as a "free" upgrade it's very good

Here is an image courtesy of cruisetrail which I've altered to show your cabin

9089.jpg

Pete

In my opinion the difference between the bella and fantastica is location of the cabin. The bella cabins are the old I1 and O1 and B1 cabin choices.

Then they threw in free breakfast in bed, and no service charge for room service. Bella gets that free until midnight, and I do not use it after that time anyways, so this was not an issue. Also, it gives 50% off fitness classes and such, which I never do on board. I work out each day at home....this is a vacation!

I booked the balcony blitz as well and we were assigned our cabin already. I booked for June 0f 2016 last week. We also received a B-2 balcony #10138. Very happy with our cabin. MSC did raise the inside price for this promo, but it was still a good deal if you really wanted a balcony. Last August we had cabin 11128 and loved that room also.

RICLOP, A cove is a cove. It's not only on Carnival. Any balcony surrounded by the super structer is a cove, Some people actually like them better because it gives more privacy. By the way, I'm not one of them. Why nock Carnival? I bet you never sailed with them. They are pretty good. Royal also has cove balconies. The first Voyager series ships were only coves.

RICLOP, A cove is a cove. It's not only on Carnival. Any balcony surrounded by the super structer is a cove, Some people actually like them better because it gives more privacy. By the way, I'm not one of them. Why nock Carnival? I bet you never sailed with them. They are pretty good. Royal also has cove balconies. The first Voyager series ships were only coves.

The real term for that type of balcony is a "sheltered" or "protected" balcony. It comes from the original trans-Altantic liners where the steel of the hull was used to protect or shelter the "in-hull" balcony from the stormy weather of the north Atlantic.

It's just another example of the Americans misusing the English language.

Dictionary definition of the noun cove:- "a ​curved ​part of a ​coast that ​partly ​surrounds an ​area of ​water"

It does not have an adjectival form!!

The adjective is " COVED"

Edited by Skier52