RCI Select Drink Package

Hello All,

As you can see I am new to the forums. I am also new to Royal Caribbean. I will be taking my first RCI Cruise aboard Freedom of the Seas on Sept 13. I have cruised several times in the past, but all with Carnival. I am familiar with cruising but not with the specifics of RCI.

My question(s) is specifically about the Select Drink Package available on board. Forgive me if this has been answered on here before. I did a search of the forums but was unable to find the answer. Which beers are included with the package? I read somewhere that beers over 12 oz are not included? Is this correct? If so, aren't many of the beers such as Budweiser, Bud Light, Bud Light Lime, Michelob Ultra, etc. served in 16 oz aluminum cans? Does this mean they are not included with the Select Drink Package? If they are not included, then what is?

I am curious to know, as I am predominately a beer drinker. I very rarely drink liquor, so a Premium or Ultimate Package would not be a good value for me. Do other beer drinkers find the Select Package to be a good deal?

On a side note, does anybody have a list or a guess of which wines would be included with this package?

Thanks in advance!!

Welcome to Cruise Critic! :D All the beers onboard are pretty much included with the package. On our cruises, I haven't seen anyone with a package denied a beer because of size or even price. At worse, there might be an additional dollar or two charge. I drink Michelob. It's included. :)

Welcome to Cruise Critic! :D All the beers onboard are pretty much included with the package. On our cruises, I haven't seen anyone with a package denied a beer because of size or even price. At worse, there might be an additional dollar or two charge. I drink Michelob. It's included. :)

Thanks for the response! Do you find the package to be worthwhile?

We do. Because I guess we drink that much on vacation and it is convenient to have a fixed cost. I get the select package and DH gets the premium. We have found our beverage costs to be very similar with or without the package.

Hello All,

On a side note, does anybody have a list or a guess of which wines would be included with this package?

Thanks in advance!!

Here's a list of the wines priced at $8 per glass ($9 inclusive of gratuity), that are generally available with the Select Package:

724 Peter Lehman, South Australia, Shiraz

133 Blackstone, California, Syrah

536 Castle Rock, California, Pinot Noir

709 Estancia, California, Pinot Noir

275 Reserve St Martin, France, Merlot

668 Clos du Bois, California, Merlot

503 Terras de los Andes, Argentina, Malbec

675 Trumpeter by Rutini, Argenitina, Malbec

636 Clos du Bois, California, Cabernet Sauvignon

671 Castle Rock, Cloumbia Valley, Cabernet Sauvignon

687 Aussieres Rouge, France, Cabernet Sauvignon

405 Kendall Jackson, California, Cabernet Sauvignon

205 Beringer, California, White Zinfandel

346 Valdo Brut, Prosecco, Veneto Italy

330 Pinot Grigio, Guala Italy

164 California Sauvignon Blanc

265 Castello del Poggio, Moscato, Italy

504 Kendal Jackson Vintner's reserve, Riesling, California

646 Penfolds Chardonnay, South Australia

658 Clos du Bois, chardonnay, California

Not all wines were available in all bars.

If you want a more expensive wine you are simply charged the difference in price.

Wine availability may not be the same on all ships.

Edited by icsys

I am a beer lover so I bought the select pkg on our cruise last Dec. There were lots of imported and domestic beers that were all included regardless of size. (There might be one or two specialty beers in the pub that aren't covered) I found myself too full after meals to keep drinking beer, so would have a rum or whiskey. IMO The extra charge for hard liquor or blender drinks ($8-$12ish), justifies upgrading to the premium pkg., if you have one or two a day. The blender drinks were all excellent. Here is a link that shows the drink menu. http://www.cruisewithgambee.com/royal-caribbean-drink-package/

• 2 weeks later...
The description for the Select Package says it includes unlimited Sodas and non-alcholic beverages-- does it also include regular bottled water?

No bottled water in the Select package.

Thanks, Bob. I like to grab a bottle of water while heading to the Cabin for the night, and one to take off the ship at the ports. We usually get the Premium Package, which I know has the bottled water. Our Alaskan cruise next week is so port intensive, I don't feel I would get my monies' worth with the Premium Package, tho.

Does anyone know if they have like the apple ciders and if they are including the the select pkg?

Thanks

We saw Strongbow and Angry Orchard on Enchantment last week, and they we both included in the Select package.

What about Belinis?

I doubt they will have anything other than the Island Oasis Peach daiquiri mix which, when combined with sparkling wine would be CLOSE to a belini. (Probably VERY sweet.) But I doubt they will have actual peach nectar or anything natural. :-)

But a sparkling wine should be included. :-)