question about boarding ship

dsschmidt1995

My TA told me that since we have to check bags anyway there was really no need to check in online. ...Now I am all :confused:

I question your TA's competency if s/he said that to you. We always check in online and still present ourselves and our bags at the airport. Flights can be oversold and if you check in online 24 hours prior, you are saying you will be there for your flight.

Our passports go in the safe and our dl go ashore in case.....should something go amiss the ship will collect your passports and leave them with the port agent....that info is found each day on the activity schedule delivered the night before....take a screen shot,bring the paper,whatever you like best so you have that info if you need it....it is rare and not a big deal unless it happens to you....do not use your phone as a clock....ship's time may be different from your phone....drag out a working watch....and have fun planning!!

We are flying in and staying overnight in Houston, then taking the Carnival transfer to Galveston in the morning.

We have it all paid for, do we get tickets for the transfer or do we just show up at the airport with documents showing we paid for transfer?

I haven't done the Carnival transfer to Galveston (but probably will in a few months - yay me!), but I have done it to San Juan and Miami. Here's how it worked for me:

You should have a confirmation page for your transfer in your cruise documents. Print that out and take a look at it, or have your TA do it, as appropriate. It should give somewhat detailed instructions about where to go to catch the bus (and yes, it's going to be a bus - a big one). It's not strictly necessary to take that document with you to the airport, but it takes up minimal space and might come in handy, so why not?

When at the airport, give them your name(s) and they'll check you off on a list. They'll also give you a receipt. If you've taken a return shuttle, they'll give you a receipt for that also - DO NOT LOSE THIS or there will be trouble. Then head over to the bus, give your bags to the driver, board, and wait until it fills up. Then you'l be on your way.