Sales Price????

Same here. Your post got me curious so I did a mock booking as well. Ours is a November Oasis cruise. The same category, actually the cabin next door to the one I have booked, is way over what I paid.

My current reservation includes prepaid gratuities. Even factoring in the cost of the two Premium Drink packages I purchased I'm still coming out over $1000 ahead compared to the base fare prices showing up today. Oh, and my reservation includes $200 OBC that they're no longer offering.

It's absurd the way they jack up prices, offer half off, and call it a "sale".

Edited by Sherri914

I just did a dummy booking for our February 20, 2016 cruise on the Oasis and HOLY SMOKES, a JS is $3,582 MORE that what we paid for one of the new aft Grand Suites on deck 11. Since WHEN is that a "sale price" :eek:

When did you originally book?

Cruise prices aren't static. Prices tend to go up as supply for cabin categories decreases. This is independent of current sale promotions.

What makes you think that it is a "sales" price? It is simply the price that you can book that cabin for NOW.

As nolesrules said, prices change. They usually go up. ;)

If you were lucky enough to catch a good price earlier, just congratulate yourself and move on.

:)

Just might be the great big promo listed on the RCI homepage announcing BOGO is back. Why wouldn't folks view that as a sale?

People need to understand that prices are just prices.

They can label them anything they want.

Either book when you like the price, or don't.

There is a psychology of selling that says that people will pay more IF they think that they are getting a "deal". Someone will actually pay more if the tag says "50% off" than if the price is simply a lower price, with no markings.

That seems to be in full bloom here.

If you read that front page, you will see that the word "sale" is not there.

Did read the page. Never said it was there.

The intent of the page is to have people believe it is a sale. It works as evidenced by the many BOGO "Sale" threads that have appeared here. Not everyone is a "sale" savvy expert.

Did read the page. Never said it was there.

The intent of the page is to have people believe it is a sale. It works as evidenced by the many BOGO "Sale" threads that have appeared here. Not everyone is a "sale" savvy expert.

Marketing. If gas is $2.39.9 it's really $2.40 but most refer to it as $2.39. It sounds better. Capitalism it's still tthe best model for economic growth. Supply and demand as others have stated drives the price. While some will pay the increase others won't. If prices continue to rise to the point it causes a slow down in bookings price adjustments will go the other direction. No one likes price increases just the way it is.

Marketing. If gas is $2.39.9 it's really $2.40 but most refer to it as $2.39. It sounds better. Capitalism it's still tthe best model for economic growth. Supply and demand as others have stated drives the price. While some will pay the increase others won't. If prices continue to rise to the point it causes a slow down in bookings price adjustments will go the other direction. No one likes price increases just the way it is.

I do not require a marketing 101 course but thanks anyway.

What makes you think that it is a "sales" price? It is simply the price that you can book that cabin for NOW.

As nolesrules said, prices change. They usually go up. ;)

If you were lucky enough to catch a good price earlier, just congratulate yourself and move on.

Well, when you look at the break down of the total price, it shows a "discount" for the second person which would be indicative of a "sale" for the second passenger :D

People need to understand that prices are just prices.

They can label them anything they want.

Either book when you like the price, or don't.

There is a psychology of selling that says that people will pay more IF they think that they are getting a "deal". Someone will actually pay more if the tag says "50% off" than if the price is simply a lower price, with no markings.

That seems to be in full bloom here.

Lucky me then since I got a DARN good deal for a great room with an even better view. I guess my "luck" was in full bloom when I booked it :p

BOGO'S BACK

Book a cruise to any destination on or after August 31 and get 50% off your second person. Plus if you book a summer 2016 Caribbean or Europe cruise you’ll get an additional bonus up to $200 to spend onboard however you’d like.

:D

Well, when you look at the break down of the total price, it shows a "discount" for the second person which would be indicative of a "sale" for the second passenger :D

I read awhile back that Royal was taken to court for the wording of their SALES. Something about there has to be a certain time frame that the price has to be before dropping the price to a sale. So you can't raise the price and a day later bring it back down to the same and call it a SALE. So Royal now calls them promotions. It's all word games if you ask me. Sometime you win but most times you don't. Happy Sailing!!!