Amsterdam vs. Zaandam

cruisemama5

We just got off the Zaandam and are going on the Amsterdam in October. Are they exactly the same ship? Does anyone know if there is a pizza place onboard the Amsterdam. DH was very sad there was not one on the Zaandam and since this is a long cruise, is really hoping there is some.

I have looked at the deck plans and it looks similar.

TIA.

We were on a similar class Rotterdam a few years ago which added "The Slice" to the aft deck splash pool area outside the Lido buffet - and it was not all that great.

Fine, if you were there when a pizza came out, but otherwise it just sat there until all the slices were gone. Not bad, but also not great - kind of congealed pizza, that old pizza for breakfast feeling - but still tasty enough.

Don't know if the new "Dive In" snack area by the main pool on these ships now have pizza or not, because I simply couldn't get past their really great cheese fries. Yippie, only 48* more days. Here I come.

Edited by OlsSalt

The Amsterdam and the Zaandam are essentially the same deck plan, but with a different décor.

Once you know your way around the Zaandam, the Amsterdam will feel like an old friend.

The Amsterdam and the Zaandam are essentially the same deck plan, but with a different décor.

Once you know your way around the Zaandam, the Amsterdam will feel like an old friend.

I agree with Ruth!

Same,as with The Eurodam, and The Nieuw Amsterdam.

Besides the change of decor you will feel at home!

Denise:)

Thanks for the replies. If it has the Dive In, then no, there will be no pizza. I will tell DH to eat lots before we go and maybe he will be sick of it by the time we leave.

I kind of thought it was going to be the same as the Zaandam. We should be able to find our way around easily.

I think I am remembering this right--there is a couple that blogs a world cruise yearly and at most ports they enjoy pizza! So maybe the Amsterdam doesn't have or doesn't have good pizza!:)

Eat in U.S. till you have had enough and then walk it off on the cruise!

Thanks for the replies. If it has the Dive In, then no, there will be no pizza. I will tell DH to eat lots before we go and maybe he will be sick of it by the time we leave.

I kind of thought it was going to be the same as the Zaandam. We should be able to find our way around easily.

Yes, the Amsterdam has the Dive-in out on deck and only has pizza in the Lido proper and on one side only. The pizza is better than in the past but it still has a l o n g way to go before I would call it good.

Yes, the Amsterdam has the Dive-in out on deck and only has pizza in the Lido proper and on one side only. The pizza is better than in the past but it still has a l o n g way to go before I would call it good.

Do they have the pizza everyday? We only saw some on the Zaandam once. DH said it was not good.