Another full suite question

chloe45

Looks like there are conflicted answers. This is the Golden that I'm asking about.

We were on the Golden in March in a penthouse suite and there was not an umbrella for anyone in any of the suites. Best bet is to bring your own rain gear.

Do the full suites have umbrella in the cabin? Looks like we're going to get some rain up in Alaska next week.

We have never stayed in a suite on the Golden but have seen umbrellas in the suites on other Princess ships. The Royal last month is the most recent. It was a large umbrella that could not be carried in a back pack or bag. We have been to Alaska several times and our recommendation would be to take one of those collapsible umbrellas with the telescoping handle. They easily fit into a hand bag or jacket pocket.

We were in a Penthouse Suite on the Golden in Alaska. Our steward brought us an umbrella and apologized for not bringing it sooner. I found it much easier to wear rain gear then to carry an umbrella and worry about poking someone with it.

We were in a Penthouse Suite on the Golden in Alaska. Our steward brought us an umbrella and apologized for not bringing it sooner. I found it much easier to wear rain gear then to carry an umbrella and worry about poking someone with it.

It rains a lot in Alaska. We were on the Crown in a full suite, and there was no umbrella in the cabin, and I did not ask for one - I agree with CrusingJs - rain gear is more practical. Rain gear (jacket and pants) do not take up much luggage space, doesn't weigh much, and keeps you completely dry. I always bring rain gear with me to Alaska. With an umbrella, not only might you poke or hit someone, but an umbrella doesn't keep your pants dry.