Just booked.CARNIVAL SPLENDOR rt miami panama-costa rica cruise 12/10/2016

AmberTeka

I saw it on these boards when I posted a question as to would they ever sail that route again.

Some VERY kind person posted the link for this SPLENDOR cruise out of Panama on December 10. 2016. 8 days. going to Cozumel. Panama. And Costa Rica.

I am posting. Today is the LAST day for a Early Saver Bonus booking with free upgrades.

Balconies are going for $839 pp on that cruise and upgrades are for all decks. We are on the Empress Deck, mid ship at that rate. Balcony.

Junior Suites $1.100 Ocean Suites $1.278. I was tempted but a balcony is big enough for us.

TODAY last day for those rates. they may go up. they may go down. I bet when people are aware that cruise is out there.............it books up. ALL of the Junior suites are gone but one. And the Ocean suites are .........not many left.

THANK YOU CRUISE CRITIC POSTERS FOR THE GOOD INFORMATION YOU GIVE EVERYONE.

Edited by AmberTeka
TITLE ERROR

Just curious, is the Splendor going to have any kind of dry dock between now and next December? I don't see where they have any of the 2.0 upgrades yet. Thanks for any information you might have.

No idea what's going to be added,but here are her dry dock dates next year

Dry-dock: 3/06/16-3/20/16

Edited by AdrenalineRush

No idea what's going to be added,but here are her dry dock dates next year

Dry-dock: 3/06/16-3/20/16

Thank you so much for the information! My husband loves the 2.0 food & bar options, so wondered if it would be a possibility of upgrading before that cruise. I too would love to do that itinerary, and it sounds very reasonably priced especially for a balcony room. Might be a serious option for next year. :D

I saw it on these boards when I posted a question as to would they ever sail that route again.

Some VERY kind person posted the link for this SPLENDOR cruise out of Panama on December 10. 2016. 8 days. going to Cozumel. Panama. And Costa Rica.

I am posting. Today is the LAST day for a Early Saver Bonus booking with free upgrades.

Balconies are going for $839 pp on that cruise and upgrades are for all decks. We are on the Empress Deck, mid ship at that rate. Balcony.

Junior Suites $1.100 Ocean Suites $1.278. I was tempted but a balcony is big enough for us.

TODAY last day for those rates. they may go up. they may go down. I bet when people are aware that cruise is out there.............it books up. ALL of the Junior suites are gone but one. And the Ocean suites are .........not many left.

That's a great cruise, enjoy . There will be other sales and maybe even better ones.

That's a great cruise, enjoy . There will be other sales and maybe even better ones.

I have been researching. Princess and HAL both go through two locks I think, not all the way through. ANd because of that over $600 in taxes for the two of us goes to Panama in taxes..

the cheapest fare I have found, and you cannot pick the date ( and can't for that splendor sailing ..there is just one scheduled ) but it was Princess....998 pp for an inside and then over 330 tax pp it would be almost $3,000 or over that for a 10 day for 2 in an inside.

Carnival was $1898.00 or very close to that for a balcony for 8 days. going to the places I wanted to.......Panama and Costa Rica. it also goes to Cozumel.

If I had not seen that link.........I would still be stewing. It is odd that I was really wishing Carnival would sail that route again and then..........at least for one sailing........they did.

It is early saver so if prices go down..........I can get the discount. and if they go up..............I have a nice cabin on a nice ship.

and it is to be refurbished! did not know that. I don't care about most of the new upgrades but I did like the Italian and Chinese dining options on the Sunshine.

So. God willing..........we will be on that cruise in December. Before Christmas. When we go from Cool ( N.FL) to the warm of the Southern nations in Central America. Decorations are up for Christmas but you are still at home for the day.

Thanks again. I think everyone who regularly reads these boards would admit......they are a source of good information. Almost every day there is something that catches my attention.

Happy Sails to all of you.

I have been researching. Princess and HAL both go through two locks I think, not all the way through. ANd because of that over $600 in taxes for the two of us goes to Panama in taxes..

the cheapest fare I have found, and you cannot pick the date ( and can't for that splendor sailing ..there is just one scheduled ) but it was Princess....998 pp for an inside and then over 330 tax pp it would be almost $3,000 or over that for a 10 day for 2 in an inside.

Carnival was $1898.00 or very close to that for a balcony for 8 days. going to the places I wanted to.......Panama and Costa Rica. it also goes to Cozumel.

If I had not seen that link.........I would still be stewing. It is odd that I was really wishing Carnival would sail that route again and then..........at least for one sailing........they did.

It is early saver so if prices go down..........I can get the discount. and if they go up..............I have a nice cabin on a nice ship.

and it is to be refurbished! did not know that. I don't care about most of the new upgrades but I did like the Italian and Chinese dining options on the Sunshine.

So. God willing..........we will be on that cruise in December. Before Christmas. When we go from Cool ( N.FL) to the warm of the Southern nations in Central America. Decorations are up for Christmas but you are still at home for the day.

Thanks again. I think everyone who regularly reads these boards would admit......they are a source of good information. Almost every day there is something that catches my attention.

Happy Sails to all of you.

HAL and Princess each have a ship that does the 10/11 day R/T Panama Canal. They go through one SET of locks at Gatun. That set is comprised of three locks.

This is a cost per transit chart that was posted by a member in april for Coral Princess transit.

Panama%20Canal%20fees_zpslwe6nxwn.jpg

EM

Am I missing something I dont see a link and I dont see this offered on carnival

It is on the Carnival Booking Engine. It is for 2016. Be sure you put in that date.

I checked "Caribbean", then date `12/2016 then check the 6-9 days, then Splendor as the Ship and then fill in the rates you qualify for....VIPF number etc

Splendor. Dec. 10..2016 Cozumel. Panama. ( Colon) and Costa Rica (Limon) an 8 day cruise with 4 sea days ..which I love.

The prices are still low. The free upgrades are gone but on a cruise to Panama for 8 days on a newer ship...........$839 pp for a balcony......................that is a stunning rate.

Hope you find it.

Edited by AmberTeka

Man, I wish I could afford to take time off for another cruise next year! I have half thought about canceling my Glory cruise in October to do this one, but I would do this cruise, be home for 2 weeks, and then be gone again for 2 weeks for my Vista B2B. I really, really hope that Carnival will offer this itinerary again in the future so we can do it.

Thanks. We are looking at the riding the railroad and then taking the ferry through at least one lock. With it being December........perhaps not so hot.

I am really excited about it. Can you tell?????

That one sounds like fun too! When you get into the lock make sure to touch the inside wall for good luck.

I was there in October and it was extremely hot and humid. Hopefully December will be a little cooler but you are very close to the equator so the temps don't fluctuate much.

I'd be super excited too! Not too many people can say they've been in the Panama Canal on a ferry boat and went through 2 of the 3 locks...but I can! You'll be able to do that too! [emoji1]

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for posting. I've called many times looking for a Panama cruise.

They had one the first of June. A Journey out of Galveston. Found while on vacation. When I got home and called Carnival it wasn't there anymore. I think they thought I was crazy. But I printed out a copy. :). It didn't matter, it wasn't available anymore.

I asked to get a call when one came up. A lot of good that did.

I'm glad you posted. We will be on the same cruise. Dec 10 is my birthday. And if the boss won't give me vacation. (Retail Christmas time) I will officially be retired three days before!!!

Thanks for posting. I've called many times looking for a Panama cruise.

They had one the first of June. A Journey out of Galveston. Found while on vacation. When I got home and called Carnival it wasn't there anymore. I think they thought I was crazy. But I printed out a copy. :). It didn't matter, it wasn't available anymore.

I asked to get a call when one came up. A lot of good that did.

I'm glad you posted. We will be on the same cruise. Dec 10 is my birthday. And if the boss won't give me vacation. (Retail Christmas time) I will officially be retired three days before!!!

There is now a roll call for this cruise. I tend to follow the roll call on this site and then don't meet because I am unpacking or going to muster or generally running around like a chicken with no head. Takes a meal and a night's sleep to get me normal again.

But the ROLL CALL....makes the Cruise Official! and somehow.........Nearer...

ONE thing I have vowed. the fancy. flashy. glittery Holiday tunics and such they sell before Christmas this year....which will go on sale and clearance after Christmas. I am buying some this year. To Wear NEXT year.

The cruise is just before Christmas next year.. The ship will be decorated. And I will be lit up like a Christmas Tree....at a very small cost. it will Mega Glitter on a budget!!

Edited by AmberTeka

There is now a roll call for this cruise. I tend to follow the roll call on this site and then don't meet because I am unpacking or going to muster or generally running around like a chicken with no head. Takes a meal and a night's sleep to get me normal again.

But the ROLL CALL....makes the Cruise Official! and somehow.........Nearer...

ONE thing I have vowed. the fancy. flashy. glittery Holiday tunics and such they sell before Christmas this year....which will go on sale and clearance after Christmas. I am buying some this year. To Wear NEXT year.

The cruise is just before Christmas next year.. The ship will be decorated. And I will be lit up like a Christmas Tree....at a very small cost. it will Mega Glitter on a budget!!

OMG. I had no idea the ship would be decorated. Now I'm really excited. Breathe.....Breathe.....

Are you sure it will be decorated? How do we find out?

Either way, I'll be dressed up like a Christmas tree too.

After Christmas sales, my discount. Yipee! I already bought a necklace, just because it was red. Now I'll have to buy something to go with it.

I'll check out the Roll Call.

Edited by onebzemom

• 2 weeks later...
OMG. I had no idea the ship would be decorated. Now I'm really excited. Breathe.....Breathe.....

Are you sure it will be decorated? How do we find out?

Either way, I'll be dressed up like a Christmas tree too.

After Christmas sales, my discount. Yipee! I already bought a necklace, just because it was red. Now I'll have to buy something to go with it.

I'll check out the Roll Call.

It will be decorated. They start putting up holiday decorations after Christmas. I have heard that some of them are put up just for the Christmas Cruise, but trees and plants and such are out. I have never sailed on a Christmas Cruise, but I did sail on a Princess New Year's Cruise. They had all of the decorations up and there was a Christmas tree at every corner. They became our way of finding out way around the ship. The elevator that goes to Deck 3, look for the White Christmas tree and that is we our dining room was. Honest

• 2 weeks later...

I have been on their board a long time. I have had ports dropped for stormy weather or once a change due to an incoming hurricane but NEVER 2 out of three ports changed. cruise was to have sailed out of Miami on Dec. 10,2016 ..still going but to way different places.

Instead of Panama.....Belize

Instead of Costa Rica .....Costa Maya

Instead of 4 sea days ..three

Only stop the same.....Cozumel.

I am really dissapointed. I am sort of mad. Now I have to figure out what to do. any advice? Grin and bear it? AND my daughter's inlaws are retiring next March and I had talked them into booking the cruise.

Edited by AmberTeka

I have been on their board a long time. I have had ports dropped for stormy weather or once a change due to an incoming hurricane but NEVER 2 out of three ports changed. cruise was to have sailed out of Miami on Dec. 10,2016 ..still going but to way different places.

Instead of Panama.....Belize

Instead of Costa Rica .....Costa Maya

Instead of 4 sea days ..three

Only stop the same.....Cozumel.

I am really dissapointed. I am sort of mad. Now I have to figure out what to do. any advice? Grin and bear it? AND my daughter's inlaws are retiring next March and I had talked them into booking the cruise.

Just 2 days at sea.

ImageUploadedByForums1443118613.449181.jpg.f1ea6a7f29d376c988046d1760afd8dc.jpg

Carnival just changed this itinerary and dropped Panama and Costa Rica. So disappointed. :(

Thanks so much for posting this information.

We booked this cruise specifically for Panama and Costa Rica. We have a cruise already scheduled in Jan 2016 on the Splendor for Belize, Roatan, Cayman, and Cozumel, We don't want to do something that we have already just done and on the same ship.

This is the second time Carnival changed a Panama cruise. In June there was one out of Galveston, 8 day I believe on the Breeze. I printed out the details to take with us on a trip south for a wedding. Thought I'd book it later. When I called, Carnival couldn't find the cruise. I'd left the paper at home. So when I got home, I called again. Sure enough it was gone.

I don't know what is going on with Carnival going to Panama. But we won't be going on this cruise. We want Panama or some place different than we've been before.

We are Bummed to say the least!

Just talked with Carnival.

I am spitting mad. They want to charge $50.00pp for the cancellation. And will only give me credit towards a future cruise. They will not give me credit on the cruise I have scheduled in January 2016. That's not a future cruise. (It is to me!!) They said a future cruise is after the one I want to cancel. So any cruise I take after Dec 2016, they will give me credit towards.

Very disappointed in Carnival. I've been a royal fan and only want to cruise on Carnival. I've been on other cruises where changes were made even while on the ship. But never the whole itinerary. The only thing the same is the ship and Cozumel. Not surprising Carnival didn't give up Cozumel.

Makes me think twice now. Panama will probably be someone else. And I won't be booking so far out.

Just talked with Carnival.

I am spitting mad. They want to charge $50.00pp for the cancellation. And will only give me credit towards a future cruise. They will not give me credit on the cruise I have scheduled in January 2016. That's not a future cruise. (It is to me!!) They said a future cruise is after the one I want to cancel. So any cruise I take after Dec 2016, they will give me credit towards.

Very disappointed in Carnival. I've been a royal fan and only want to cruise on Carnival. I've been on other cruises where changes were made even while on the ship. But never the whole itinerary. The only thing the same is the ship and Cozumel. Not surprising Carnival didn't give up Cozumel.

Makes me think twice now. Panama will probably be someone else. And I won't be booking so far out.

You need to call Carnival back and speak to a different CSR or even ask for a supervisor. You should be able to cancel within 24 hours of the notification.

From Carnivals website:

http://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/legal-notice/port-cancellation-policy.aspx

ITINERARY CHANGE PRIOR TO DEPARTURE:

If Carnival has adequate notice prior to sailing that a vessel will deviate from the published itinerary it will promptly – upon making the itinerary change -- notify guests of the change through their travel agents or directly, in the case of a direct guest booking.

If the itinerary change is for reasons within Carnival’s exclusive control, guests will have the opportunity to cancel their booking without penalty prior to sailing and within 24 hours of the guest notification, and in such an instance, guests will have the option to receive either a cash refund or a future cruise credit. In the event a guest does not cancel the cruise on a timely basis, no refund of any kind will be available.

Due to the nature of a cruise vacation, itinerary changes sometimes become necessary for safety, weather or other reasons beyond the control of Carnival. If the itinerary change is for reasons beyond Carnival’s exclusive control, including but not limited to safety, security, weather, strikes, tides, hostilities, civil unrest, port closings, emergency debarkations of guests or crew, late air, sea, car or motor coach departures or arrivals, mechanical breakdowns or problems not known to Carnival, itinerary changes consistent with U.S. State Department travel warnings / advisories or other applicable US or foreign governmental advisories, guests will not be provided any compensation. Guests electing to cancel will be subject to the standard cancellation terms.