A (Delayed) Photo Review! Oasis of the Seas: Western Caribbean - 5/23-/5/30/15

Well I have a few miscellaneous Cozumel Pictures to share, and then I guess my photo review will be finished!

The Oasis (Taken from just outside Señor Frogs)

IMG_0784_zpsgcw5iisl.jpg

The Oasis, and a tiny little Carnival Ship (Kidding, of course)

IMG_0789_zpson2ytvqg.jpg

Señor Frogs (Taken from our cabin)

IMG_0323_zpsm3a9umhr.jpg

We also had a nice view of Cozumel

IMG_0321_zpsaueiymhl.jpg

IMG_0324_zpsr0wdyzqv.jpg

As we departed...

IMG_0332_zpsjjaph8mn.jpg

Well I guess my review is now finished! I hope you all enjoyed it!

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Once a month or so, from what I am told She will dock on the other side so they can do lifeboat drills on that side of the ship. When she is in Port Everglades on Sundays you see her docked on the other side every so often. 1 of 2 visits on her in Nassau she was docked on the other side.

So this "other side" is the port/left side of the ship? (As looking forward)

Too bad if so, we have a port side ocean view cabin for our cruise.

Need to add that we will enjoy the views anyhow, but we booked it thinking that we'll be docking on that side :)

Edited by Wivian

Thank you all for the nice comments! I really appreciate it.

Just read the review, great job. Awesome pics. How much was the 'W' and how much was the cab ride

Sorry, I don't have the cost of the W. The cab ride was about $15 I think.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Great review! You take some GREAT pictures! What kind of camera do you use? It may be a little too late for me to invest in a new camera for my cruise in less than a month, but for future trips, I would like to have one.

I look forward to a future review! :D

Great review! You take some GREAT pictures! What kind of camera do you use? It may be a little too late for me to invest in a new camera for my cruise in less than a month, but for future trips, I would like to have one.

I look forward to a future review! :D

Thanks so much, glad you enjoyed it!

The majority of these photos were taken with my Canon Powershot SX60 HS. Some others were taken with either an iPhone 5S or 6 Plus.

• 1 month later...
I know that I said that there won't be much commentary, but I'm going to start off by giving a little information about our cruise. This was our first cruise on an Oasis Class ship. We flew down to Fort Lauderdale from Philly on May 22nd and stayed at the W Fort Lauderdale Hotel. We like to get to the departure port at least one day prior to the cruise so we can get into vacation mode.

Cabin: This was also our first cruise in a suite. We stayed in Grand Suite 12660. We originally had cabin 8254, but thanks to Cruise Critic, I knew that the Oasis Class ships always dock on the starboard side, so when I saw 12660 open up, I jumped at the chance. Also, we ended up loving the suite perks. We were a little leery at first if they were worth the money, but in the end, we were very satisfied.

Grand Suite 12660

IMG_0316_zpsk1ht5jll.jpg

IMG_0317_zps4n4bxuk2.jpg

Sorry, no pictures of the balcony or the bathroom. I will have pictures from the balcony though!

Next up: Fort Lauderdale and Miscellaneous Ship Pictures!

Question for you. I see that you moved from the 8th deck up to the 12th to get into GS 12660. We will be in 12660 in October 2016. I'm curious because I see many posting about how the GS on the 8th floor is "better" given their proxcimity to the Central Park and other "location" benefits to certian areas of the ship (Boardwalk, main levels etc). How was it being on the 12th and if you had to do it all over again would you have kept the original GS on the 8th floor?

Question for you. I see that you moved from the 8th deck up to the 12th to get into GS 12660. We will be in 12660 in October 2016. I'm curious because I see many posting about how the GS on the 8th floor is "better" given their proxcimity to the Central Park and other "location" benefits to certian areas of the ship (Boardwalk, main levels etc). How was it being on the 12th and if you had to do it all over again would you have kept the original GS on the 8th floor?

I'd say both locations are great. I really liked being up higher, so personally I'd probably choose deck 12 over deck 8. I also really liked the close proximity to the pool deck and Windjammer. It was nice if I went to the pool but needed to run back to the room to grab something (We use the steps a lot). Sometimes the elevators would be a little crowded when trying to get down to the MDR during dinner times, but other than that, it was very simple to just grab an elevator and head down to the boardwalk/Central Park/Promenade, which can all be accessed via the aft elevator lobby. So with that said, I'd definitely choose 12660 again.

Actually, I'll be on the Allure in February and my cabin is located aft on deck 8 (just a balcony cabin :(:p), so I'll definitely know which location I like better after that cruise. But overall, it is a win-win situation, IMO.

• 1 month later...
Day 6 - Cozumel, Mexico

We hadn't been to Cozumel since 2006. We wanted to do some sort of excursion, since the last two times we were there we just walked around and went to Señor Frogs... :rolleyes: We ended up booking the "Sea Turtle Snorkel", which was a 6 hour tour. It was great, but the 1 hour transportation each way (particularly the return trip) was a little much for us. We got to snorkel for a little over an hour in a nature preserve area, and then we had lunch and about an hour at a resort beach, which we basically had to ourselves (the group). I don't have any pictures of the arrival, so I guess I'll go right into the excursion.

Here is my GoPro video that I uploaded on YouTube. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iws0vNo7kSA

Loved your review! Did you do the sea turtle excursion through RCCL or through an independent operator? Looks awesome!

Great review and pictures! Thanks so much for sharing.

We'll be on the Allure in April so reviews like this help keep me patiently waiting while getting more excited.

Looks like you had a great time. And how exciting you're going on Allure too soon.

Great review and pictures! Thanks so much for sharing.

We'll be on the Allure in April so reviews like this help keep me patiently waiting while getting more excited.

Looks like you had a great time. And how exciting you're going on Allure too soon.

Thank you!

Such a fantastic review. Your pictures are beautiful! I have only cruised Disney but I can't wait to get to Fort Lauderdale after seeing your photos. We are doing the Eastern but you helped me so much. Thank you!

Thanks you! I'm glad you enjoyed the photos!