Cancelled cruises: Post your new itinerary here.

KyleClark

Waiting to hear from our TA sometime this morning, not sure how this plays out, I have hope for now...???

Was on the STAR for a 10 day Western Caribbean cruise in Oct of 2016, have little idea what they will offer us in place of...???

I will let you know the outcome of all this, one way or the other...Cruising or not...???

Rob

I was on the Star out of Venice in October 2016 over to Barcelona. We had four Balcony Cabins, with free Dining package and $200 OBC. The cruise got cancelled. We were offered to more our package to a the Star out of Venice and returning to Venice. Not very attractive to us; or a terrific $50 OBC on another cruise. We opted for 10 trip on another line.

We had an aft cabin on the Epic doing Canary Islands & Morocco in April 2017. Had JUST booked it. Would consider Escape or Getaway/Breakaway again but have done those itineraries to death. Looking like it will be a land vacation to Israel/Jordan instead of a cruise.

Been on hold for 15 minutes so far. Called at exactly 9am eastern time. Curious to see what plays out for my former Jan 2017 Star Cruise, that apparently will be changed (Maybe to the Jade sometime between Feb-March 2017)

We had initially chosen the cruise we did for the itinerary more than anything after we considered the "ship"...For us a 10 day cruise is just what we were looking for as well as the time of year...Prefer to do the Caribbean (Western) in Oct, Nov even Dec but did not really want to cruise to the Eastern Caribbean in Jan...We love to snorkel and do not like cool water, so for us the cancelled cruise was perfect with a great itinerary as I've said...

I am awaiting word/s from our TA as to what NCL is offering to do for us now that the 13 Oct cruise on the STAR has been cancelled...

After all the changes and lack of communication, I have no idea how this all works out..???I understand change, thought NCL went about it in a very UN-organized and inefficient manner...Depending upon the outcome of this "folly"will determine where we go from here...Thought there was a much better way to handle all of this than to put 5,000-10,00- passengers into a panic...

Still awaiting word from our TA...Good luck to all of us...

Called Friday - the person I spoke to said I'd need special approval as our Star SJ doesn't exist on Jade and we have 6 people in the room.

Not sure what would necessitate addtitionaly approval - I'm sure NCL knows what room types exist on each ship and rather annoyed they don't have a plan in place other than "escalate". They promised me a call back immediately and I still haven't heard anything. I'm not willing to change the date as we paid a huge premium for Thanksgiving week (high school age kids can't miss school).

I'm on hold, with probably 5000 other people as well. I will be posting furiously on Twitter and everywhere else if they don't make this right.

To add insult to injury, a PC called dh Thursday and asked if he was interested in booking a cruise. When he mentioned our two cancelled Star cruises, the PC insisted "oh, no, NCL makes everyone whole". Yeah, not from what I've seen so far. He made it very clear if they don't book this for us we won't be sailing on NCL again.

abbyar SAME cruise I think we were booked on Nov 2016? We too have an SJ........been on hold for 30 minutes. We are actually a family of 8......so I am curious if they will book me in 2 Balcony Cabins and still give me my perks.

Keep me posted....curious to see if we end up getting similar information.

Called Friday - the person I spoke to said I'd need special approval as our Star SJ doesn't exist on Jade and we have 6 people in the room.

Not sure what would necessitate addtitionaly approval - I'm sure NCL knows what room types exist on each ship and rather annoyed they don't have a plan in place other than "escalate". They promised me a call back immediately and I still haven't heard anything. I'm not willing to change the date as we paid a huge premium for Thanksgiving week (high school age kids can't miss school).

I'm on hold, with probably 5000 other people as well. I will be posting furiously on Twitter and everywhere else if they don't make this right.

To add insult to injury, a PC called dh Thursday and asked if he was interested in booking a cruise. When he mentioned our two cancelled Star cruises, the PC insisted "oh, no, NCL makes everyone whole". Yeah, not from what I've seen so far. He made it very clear if they don't book this for us we won't be sailing on NCL again.

I'm in an SJ with 5. Really curious what they will do. I'm flexible in the dates, so hoping that helps us. If they don't make it right with the price protection, then I will definitely be going elsewhere. I can only stay loyal for so long. Already changed one of my cruises to RCCL on the Allure. Have to update my signature, but will wait to see what happens today

Called big box TA just before 9, she had no idea what I was talking about. She called NCL at 9:00 and have been on hold for 40 mins with them. She keeps coming back on the line to tell me she is still there,and is getting more annoyed by the minute. She was hoping to pass me off to my assigned rep at big box, but my rep is off today. I feel kind of bad for her, but not my fault. Crossing my fingers we get through soon.

I'm currently back and forth with TA. The TA doesn't have access to new itineraries and of course either do I. So hold, have TA ask ncl, back to me. He did gett right in with ncl displacement dept though. There is a real lost in translation playing telephone like this.

I was on dec 2016 epic 11 night out of Barcelona. Booked it a couple day prior to ncl cancel. Replacement price protect is cruise now which I can't do.

I'm trying to get on one of the Spirit's 10 or 11 night sailings around same time (nov./dec, 2016).

After all of this TA said ncl is not set up to do a switch at this point. They evidently told TA that my request to move from H9 on epic to SF on Spirit would probably be price protected but they have no way of doing the switch. Ncl told my TA to call on the 24th as the new itineraries won't be set and bookable till then. This was the displacement department too! I expressed concern that my email said if I don't complete the switch by the 24th my cruise will be canceled. Ncl said it won't but who knows.

TA said phones at Big box c are ringing off hook. Very frustrating!

So re itineraries; what I gather and this may not be right and please excuse port spellings; nov 17, 2016 from Barcelona stopping in narsarate, Cannes, Livorno, Rome, Naples, santorini, athens, zadar, venice. Nov 28th; venice, zadar, irklion, haffa, Rhodes, kusadasi and end in Istanbul. Dec 9th Istanbul,Barcelona, kusadasi, athens, Naples, Rome, Livorno, Monte Carlo, Palma de Mallorca, Barcelona. ,

Edited by littlelulu01

Been on hold for 15 minutes so far. Called at exactly 9am eastern time. Curious to see what plays out for my former Jan 2017 Star Cruise, that apparently will be changed (Maybe to the Jade sometime between Feb-March 2017)

Hi all

We were booked on the Spirit for Jan 2017 - the "free" option is for the Epic. It must be incredibly busy - been on hold for 40 minutes - just have it on speaker phone and working around the house. Good luck with all your re-booking.:)

Edited by esmereldafoofoo
wrong ship

abbyar SAME cruise I think we were booked on Nov 2016?

Yes I think we're on the same cruise - I remembered there were others but couldn't remember screen names.

I don't see how they could still give us Suite Perks - there are only so many butlers on board. Star has 64 suites and Jade only has 48 (including Haven), so if it was fully booked (which I doubt), 25% of suite owners will be upset. Either way, Thanksgiving usually sells early, so Jade might have suites sold out immediately just by moving from the Star. That's assuming NCL honors committments.

TA said phones at Big box c are ringing off hook. Very frustrating!

Lulu... would you mind dropping me an email at your convenience. My situation is very similar and I'm following your progress!! Thanks.

denise kirk 612 at yahoo dot com and put cruise in subject line :)

Yes I think we're on the same cruise - I remembered there were others but couldn't remember screen names.

I don't see how they could still give us Suite Perks - there are only so many butlers on board. Star has 64 suites and Jade only has 48 (including Haven), so if it was fully booked (which I doubt), 25% of suite owners will be upset. Either way, Thanksgiving usually sells early, so Jade might have suites sold out immediately just by moving from the Star. That's assuming NCL honors committments.

I almost would rather move over to the EPIC out of PC since I can get to either port living in between both. If people are posting that the itineraries are not set until the 24th....I wonder if this call is a waste. Oh the frustration!

Got through after 30 mins. Was on Jade TA from Barcelona. Was told now that we can't book until the 24th (assuming that that's also when the masses can book). I'm so frustrated at the way NCL has handled all this. If it wasn't a special cruise in a special cabin I would cancel.

I almost would rather move over to the EPIC out of PC

The Epic may be better for us as well, although I prefer the Tampa itinerary. Is it a 7 night or shorter? I'm on hold and will offer that as a solution if they don't give us the suite we want.

So 3 people have gotten through in here, all 3 told to kick the can down the road?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what it sounds like. Although if that's the case, no idea why hold times are so long, unless they have very very few people on the phone. But NCL knew that thousands would be calling today, so if they're understaffed that's exceptionally poor planning.