La Sagrada Familia to Parc Guell by metro or bus??

jasperado

Hello

DH and I will be DIYing Barcelona 1st October. We have tickets for SF. Entry 11.30am, passion tower 1.00pm.

We plan to visit parc guell next using T10 tickets for the metro and have realised that we need to "blue line" back to Diagonal station, change to "green line" and go to either Lessops or Vallcarca.

How long do you think this will take us and what time should we buy our tickets for parc guell.

Or.....could we use a T10 ticket for the bus instead and get a #24 from SF, and if so, where will we pick up the bus and how long will the journey take.

Thankyou for your patience

Regards

Another option would be taxi.

Im also looking at that, in fact that might be the option because parc guell is a distance away from the two nearest metro stations and even on the bus a change has to be made taking up valuable time.

So we might taxi from SF to parc guell but use the metro to link all the other sights we want to see.

I love all this!!! :D:D:D

Thankyou for your help, but please keep the suggestions coming....how much is a taxi??:eek:

Regards Kathy

We did this route last fall on a week-long, pre-cruise stay so didn't have to worry about missing the ship if it took longer than expected. We were there on a Sunday afternoon and didn't have to wait very long for either bus we took.

Our SF ticket was for 10:00-10:15. Our Nativity Tower ticket was for 10:30-10:45. We did the audio guide before and after the tower visit. Our Monumental Zone ticket was for 2:30pm.

From SF, we walked to a bus stop to Parc Guell, having a quick lunch along the way in a nice area with cafes. I don't remember which bus number or street but found the route/location (nearest SF) on my map as described on the Parc Guell website, "Ways of getting to Park Guell".

From Parc Guell, we took a bus to Pl. Catalunya, then walked to our apartment off the Ramblas. When we exited the park, the bus stop was to the left. I think we could have taken a different bus that may have been a more direct route but the one we took got us there - we just asked the driver, "Pl. Catalunya?". Sorry, I don't recall the bus number or how long it took. It was, obviously, much less than a taxi and simple to do.

Last year's cruise critic research says: (this person went to SF first)

"Parc Guell is not an easy place to get to or from by metro. The nearest station is about 15 minutes walk away. Then to get to SF you will need to change. There are buses that go to the park but, unfortunately, none of them goes to SF. You could walk - it is about 1½ miles. Personally I would get a taxi which would probably not cost more than about 8 euros and would take about 10 minutes. (Was 10 euros in Nov 2013.) Everyone says do the taxi!"

Thanks for all the suggestions and guidance, exactly what I wanted!!

Decision made.......metro from port to SF, taxi to parc guell, then metro back down towards the port stopping off to see casa batllo and casa mila on the way or maybe continuing down to the barri gotic metro hopping all the way! :)

Sounds like a plan!! Thankyou ;)