What's your favorite part of a cruise?

Staceman225

Everything...from the booking, planning then boarding. Everything about the first day. Having my coffee in the morning on the balcony...just staring out. Later on having our glass of wine. Watching land come closer and closer.

Feeling the ship move at night. I could go on and on!

After dinner, when all the luggage is arrived, all the clothing put away, all the hurry up and wait is over, the initial party on the lido has calmed down, and I go up to the lido, go to the back of the ship, and watch the stars rise out of the ocean. Nothing on the agenda, except relax.

Day at sea, wake early, go to the upper outside levels, and watch the sun rise. No noise but the waves, no phones, no traffic, just nature happening all around- ahh,

the "ding":D

I love all of these! I also love getting that key card punched and putting it on my lanyard... might be cheesy but that means I can put my valuables in the safe and take it EASY!

Late night sounds/looks of the ocean are dreamy, too... I board in 19 days, yay!!

Gotta be that first sighting of the Whale Tail with that initial "DONG" when stepping onto the ship not far behind!

Worst part......bedtime the night before we debark; sadness sets in

I would have to say my favorite part of the cruise is embarkation day. All the excitement of the cruise has been building up and finally getting to walk onto the ship and see it for the first time is amazing. Then getting to explore the ship before it sets sail. The sail away, and the first sunset on board!

The first day on the ship is always my favorite!

All of these were good and reminds me of why I love cruising! I love the whole thrill of planning a cruise to getting on the ship, but my most favorite part is walking onto the ship looking up at the atrium, finding my balcony cabin and whispering.."I'm home!" I know that's silly, but the peace and tranquility of looking at the ocean from my balcony by then is long awaited.

So many favorites, so little time. The top that come to mind are:

1) Having my first draft beer at the Atrium bar as soon as I board.

2) Steakhouse

3) Going forward at night on floor 6 to enjoy the night sea before turning in.

4) Past Guest Party

I'll be doing all 4 again in November on Conquest. I can't wait.:cool:

The first step on board and the initial sail-and-sign card ~ding~ of the cruise.

Oh the smells...the lido deck food smell, the specialty shops perfume smells, the cabin and clean sheet smell...the salty ocean air smell....the floral smells in ports....I'm a 'smell' person :o

Looking at my husband every 5 minutes and saying: 'I'm so happy!' and him replying every 5 minutes 'I know!' :p

Like so many have said- I love those first steps onto the ship!

Sail Away party with a drink of the day signifies the start of a great vacation, also a favorite. Waking up in the morning and stepping out onto my balcony and seeing nothing but the beautiful ocean and the horizon is a good moment too.

We all have such hectic lives and just getting on the ship and separating from everyday life means so much- too many favorites!

Great post!

szq