What's your favorite part of a cruise?

Staceman225

My favorite part of a cruise is when we get off the plane at the embarkation city. (We always fly in at least one day before) I'm on my cruise vacation, but I still have my whole cruise to look forward to.

I also enjoy the that moment you get in the car on sail away day, with the anticipation of getting on the ship.

The moment I book the cruise and start planning. All the possibilities and all the hours thinking about what to do and see.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

This...and walking in the moonlight on the decks after dinner at night with the DH.

Cruising never gets old!:D

I am simply unable to pick just one thing that I love the most. I am giddy from the moment I pick up the rental car for the drive to Miami until the last day. But if you twisted my arm, I would say the first lunch in the buffet looking for a waiter to bring my my first DOD. The second would be getting my luggage and realizing "everything" arrived safely. :eek:

Although I am a rookie, my favorite part of the cruise is pulling into port. I wake up (I am an early riser) and open the balcony door while it's still dark, and watch the sun rise as the island comes into view. Slowly, you pull into port and you get to watch the pilot boat and the hustle and bustle of the port (cabs lining up, people getting into place for the tourists). I love watching the ship ease into the dock, because I get super excited about my plans for this day at this port. I am like a little kid on Christmas day. It happens again the next port day, and the next...

I hope that is something I will not lose as I go on more cruises, or as I get older. It's pure joy for me.

That moment a bit after muster when I can feel the engines start by the vibration I can feel in my feet. A peek upwards and I see a belch of black smoke, scanning the deck, atrium, lido (where ever I happen to be) and see a whole heck of a lot of happy faces. 27 cruises and still love it. :D

That moment a bit after muster when I can feel the engines start by the vibration I can feel in my feet. A peek upwards and I see a belch of black smoke, scanning the deck, atrium, lido (where ever I happen to be) and see a whole heck of a lot of happy faces. 27 cruises and still love it. :D

This will be my 21st, with one booked in December and May. Never get tired of it!!!!! Leaving in 8 1/2 hours driving down to Port Canaveral, then boarding the Sunshine Friday!!!!!!

T̥ͦh̥ͦe̥ͦ m̥ͦo̥ͦm̥ͦe̥ͦn̥ͦt̥ͦ i̥ͦt̥ͦs̥ͦ p̥ͦḁͦi̥ͦd̥ͦ.. Then Watching DH shop. He loves shopping and getting ready to go! In fact hes waiting at the door right now to go get a new white board to leave thank you notes and dollar bills for our cabin steward. [emoji568]

This will be my 21st, with one booked in December and May. Never get tired of it!!!!! Leaving in 8 1/2 hours driving down to Port Canaveral, then boarding the Sunshine Friday!!!!!!

Bon Voyage an have fun, think of me when the floor vibrates! :D

Waking up early on the first morning (I'm naturally an early riser) and knowing I still have most of the cruise ahead of me. Having a cup of coffee on my balcony, then walking around the ship before it gets crowded. It's also not as hectic as embarkation day. I'm usually going 100 miles an hour on day one, but after I wake up on that first full day I can switch my internal clock to Island Time :)

Edited by Rudyard

For us the best part is disconnecting. Putting our cell phones in the safe is like being released from the stresses of life for a while. :D

We are not fans of the new social package because we really enjoyed the connection with other passengers that happens when most are not on their phones. We fear this will change with the new cheaper options. :(

The evening time around 5-7 is a great time to be on the top decks. The air is usually perfect, the sun setting, it is not too hot anymore and most people are at early dinner or getting ready. It is a wonderful and relaxing time of day on any cruise.

I agree 100% with this. In fact, my wife and I purposely start getting ready for dinner after 7:00 PM to enjoy this quiet time of day!

Happy cruising! :)