Ville Saguenay, Quebec

2two cruisers

We will be on a Princess cruise stopping at Ville Saguenay, Canada on Oct.3rd 2015. All the shore excursions are booked from the cruise line. Can anyone recommend a tour. The ship is departing at 2 pm making it a short day.:eek: Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by 2two cruisers

There is a great HOHO bus that can be booked right at the dock. It has 2 routes which you can take. We took both and really enjoyed seeing 2 different areas of Saguenay. If you google it, you get an idea of the routes.

See if Princess offers an excursion to see La Fabuleuse which is a show about the history of the area. We were booked to see it but we ended up arriving a day earlier and that excursion was one of a few that couldn't be rebooked.

However, some of the cast from the show are on the pier when the ship arrives; it's quite a welcome they put on. I've heard great reports about the show; it's very highly recommended. My only concern, in your case, is if it could be put on in the morning, given your early departure.

It's a lovely area; it's one of my favourite ports. I hope you enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Alberta Quilter

There is a great HOHO bus that can be booked right at the dock. It has 2 routes which you can take. We took both and really enjoyed seeing 2 different areas of Saguenay. If you google it, you get an idea of the routes.

We took the HOHO bus a few years ago and it was great. We got off at a museum in an old paper mill. It's along the river, and the scenery was gorgeous. We walked down the hill to the town, and I took lots of pictures of the river and ruins of some of the mill buildings. We were there later in Oct than OP, and colors were past their prime, but even so I got some god shots.

• 3 weeks later...
We will be on a Princess cruise stopping at Ville Saguenay, Canada on Oct.3rd 2015. All the shore excursions are booked from the cruise line. Can anyone recommend a tour. The ship is departing at 2 pm making it a short day.:eek: Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi 2two cruisers

We are on the same Princess cruise and are waitlisted on Princess' Hiking Saguenay Nat. Park tour. If 2 spots don't open up, maybe we can meet and explore Saguenay together.

Mary Ann (VirginiaTraveler)

We used this company last September - they did a nice tour and we enjoyed our afternoon. Pickup is at the port - they used one of the kiosks for check in.

http://www.fjordetmonde.ca/

Thank you for the link to the company you used. I checked the website which says the tour is not available. I must assume that it has already filled. Perhaps there will be another opportunity at the kiosks.

We took the HOHO bus a few years ago and it was great. We got off at a museum in an old paper mill. It's along the river, and the scenery was gorgeous. We walked down the hill to the town, and I took lots of pictures of the river and ruins of some of the mill buildings. We were there later in Oct than OP, and colors were past their prime, but even so I got some god shots.

It appears that the HO-HO bus may be our best bet for our short time in port. I have checked www.tomsportguides.com and found lots of great information.

Thanks

You may want to join the Cruise Critic Roll Call for this trip. I did not see 2two cruisers among those who have joined. Looking forward to meeting you.

Mary Ann (VirginiaTraveler)

We have been to Saguenay the past 2 years aboard the HAL Eurodam. The port, called Baie St. Paul, has a very good passenger reception building at dock-side, very well staffed with loads of info.

We took the Air Saguenay float-plane tour, which during the first week of October gave us a superb view of the foliage color. If it is a sunny day, the view is exceptional !

The flight lasts about 20 minutes. I believe the cost of the flight was $50Canadian, so about $38 US.

Thank you for the link to the company you used. I checked the website which says the tour is not available. I must assume that it has already filled. Perhaps there will be another opportunity at the kiosks.

I do recall the website was a bit wonky...

I tried myself for October 3rd and it seemed like a tour was available. Perhaps try again or email them to be sure??

http://www.fjordenligne.com/english/saguenay-guided-tours/saguenay-guided-tour-3-october/#cc-m-product-8751583583

I only suggest that you try again because last year they started another minivan when the first one was full. I do recall that cruisemates were not happy with the HOHO bus option. We paid more but had a very nice day. I wouldn't want you to miss out - it was a beautiful port.

We used this company last September - they did a nice tour and we enjoyed our afternoon. Pickup is at the port - they used one of the kiosks for check in.

http://www.fjordetmonde.ca/

We also used this company last October, and booked online. You need to go through the welcome ashore building and out the other side to find their kiosk. On our tour, there were a number of pre booked tickets, but they also sold more at the kiosks.

We enjoyed our day and recommend this company.