Children and SeaPass Cards

Nujdawg

Traveling with a 12 yo girl (responsible) and 9 yo boy (typical boy). :)

Wanted to see what folks recommended with regards to how they should have their SeaPass cards with them? Lanyards? Clips? Pockets? Other?

Does RCL give kids something to hold these in?

Thanks for any guidance,

Jay

Lanyards. The 9yo will get a lanyard when you sign up for Adventure Ocean (even if he never attends). The 12 year old can shop for one on board or bring one from home.

My (then 7yo) DD lost her entire lanyard with SP at some point during the cruise. We just went to Guest Services and they gave her a new one. No problem.

Traveling with a 12 yo girl (responsible) and 9 yo boy (typical boy). :)

Wanted to see what folks recommended with regards to how they should have their SeaPass cards with them? Lanyards? Clips? Pockets? Other?

Does RCL give kids something to hold these in?

Thanks for any guidance,

Jay

If I am not mistaken I believe that upon embarking there are people that greet families with kids and give lanyards for their seapass cards so they can wear around their neck. They also give information about the kids clubs etc. My son is 18 now but I believe that is what they did when he was younger and he accompanied us on cruises. If things have changed and I am wrong anyone is welcomed to correct me. Its been a while since my son was younger.

We had a lanyard and a pull string clip for each kid (4.5 and 8.5 at time of last cruise), and a pull string clip for me and a lanyard for DH (sometimes).

The pull string clips were preferred by most of us - didn't get stuck or interfere with sports or flowrider or pool etc / and didn't require me to have a pocket...

I am able to get them from my work easily - if you can do tht I would. Our clips have a logo on them that I didn't want on vacation so I had the kids pick a sticker to cover it with and then I put a few layers of clear nail polish over it...

Our daughter got an Inky clip and our son got a lanyard from adventure ocean..

All valid and good suggestions above.

My suggestion:

Lanyards for both.

Why?

Not only is it a hands-free option, it allows you, the parent, to see at a glance that your child has his/her SeaPass card, instead of constantly asking (nagging!), "Do you have your SeaPass card?"

:D

Not only is it a hands-free option, it allows you, the parent, to see at a glance that your child has his/her SeaPass card, instead of constantly asking (nagging!), "Do you have your SeaPass card?"

:D

This works for husbands too :)

"The 9yo will get a lanyard when you sign up for Adventure Ocean (even if he never attends)."

On Freedom and Vision (January and October 2014) the lanyards were given out when the kids attended AO. Since DS didn't go until the 4th night on Freedom (we had been terribly sick on land, and were just barely able to answer the questions properly just to board, those first evenings were spent recuperating and relaxing) he had to wait until then to get his.

Lanyards for our 9yo and 11yo girls.

We brought lanyards from home. Specifically, Home Depot (of all places) next to the key duplication kiosk.

This trip I even brought a hole punch. Heck, why not, felt like we carried everything else on board :)

On Navigator, they would punch cards at guest services and the kid club.

I'm guessing they would provide a lanyard at the kids club for the 12yo if you asked nicely... but if you shop around you can find one that the kids like and make it a fashion accessory.

I didn't like the one that put the card in a plastic pouch. It ended up being more work.

Recommend Lanyards from home. We have terrible luck with the adventure ocean ones breaking. Maybe from over use? my DS loves getting to open the door.

We have plastic sleeves the card fit into or guest services will punch the card.

In our room we use one of the hooks by the door and when you walk in your lanyard goes there. Period. I get tired of looking for lost lanyards.