Tell me about the Star...we booked last night

jennew

We spent our honeymoon on the Grand and we hope the Star will be similiar. The big difference for us is that we are going with 12 other people this time.

We are all booked on the ALoha deck (would have preferred Caribe...sigh). We have both balcony rooms and insides.

Tell me all that you can.....THANKS

If you liked the Grand I think you'll like the Star. We had our honeymoon on the Grand as well and we'll be on the Star in a couple of weeks. We're hoping for a similar experience as well. There are some subtle differences on the Star such as an extention of the children's area. The Star Princess does not have MUTS (Movies Under The Stars). I'm not sure if you sailed pre or post-MUTS on the Grand. The fact that the Star does NOT have MUTS was one of the major factors in our decision to cruise on her this year.

I was on the Star for the Western itinerary last spring. It's a beautiful ship. The food was excellent. I enjoyed trying Sabatinis and thought the shows were good. I had a Caribe deck balcony which was wonderful. I used the gym and tried the wine tasting class and the afternoon teas and found everything good. you'll enjoy it.

Our cruise on the Star Princess was our favorite Princess cruise. We sailed on the Golden twice and the Grand once. All three are wonderful ships and are practically the same, but I think they learned how to improve some things each time they built another one. (Until, that is, they decided to add another passenger deck on the Caribbean Princess.)

You'll love the Star! We've cruised all the Grand-class ships and will be on the Golden again next April (can't wait!). We loved the Aloha deck by the way and here's a hint: follow the hall all the way to the stern and you'll come to a door that leads to the adults-only pool, and up two decks is the Horizon Court...hot tubs...bar...what could be better?! You can read my review of our cruise on the Star last april on this site. Happy cruising!

Gene

Jennew, I think you will love the Star. Just returned back from my 2nd cruise on her. The ship is lovely. I think the crew is one the best.

I have posted a review of my Baltic cruise here :

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=12514

Also have webshots photos:

http://community.webshots.com/user/sunprincess8

We loved the Star! We did a Thanksgiving voyage last year and enjoyed it so much that we are doing the same cruise, same ship, same itinerary(well this year we hope to make it to Princess Cays).

We have been on several of the other lines and the whole family thought the Star was the best yet. Food, shows, putt putt golf, fresh water pools & plenty of chairs.

I really don't know how you could have a bad time on the Star.

I'll be sailing Princess myself in late October and have been on the first of the Grand Class series, the Grand Princess. The ship is very large and you never feel like you're in a crowded place, the design of the ship makes for a smooth flow. If you're a party animal such as I, the disco hangs up aft, the highest point in the ship and is also quite astounding in it's design!

There's plenty to see and do on Princess and when I return from my cruise their will be a large posting of a review from me. I critique all my cruises for the best and the worst... (Carnival being the worst... damn them for buying P&O)...

Princess, after all, is the LOVE BOAT... so honeymooners are treated very well onboard!!

Welcome to Princess Cruises...

~jake

The Star is a beautiful ship...the artwork is gorgeous as it is on the Grand Class ships. We were on it last spring...the food & shows were great. Best of alll, it doesn't have 500 additional people to overcrowd the shows, etc. You will love this ship.

Infinity- July 2006

Sapphire Princess- April 2006

Caribbean Princess- July 2005

Star Princess- April 2005

Century- July 2004

Mariner of the Seas- April 2004

Grand Princess- August 2003

Enchantment of the Seas- April 2003

Monarch of the Seas- April 2002

Sovereign of the Seas- April 2001

Been on Golden (Star's sister) and the Aloha deck is our favorite because of the stern deck access.

My only two gripes about the Grand class ships are, 1 (minor) the atrium is less impressive than the Sun Class, and 2 (more significant) is that there is no forward viewing lounge. Being able to promenade to the tip of the bow is kinda cool though...

We were on Star Princess on 13th August on the Baltic itinerary and met up with several Roll Call members. One of these Sunprincess has already replied to your thread with details of her review and the photos (which were wonderful). I too have posted a review which can be found just above Sunprincess' under www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews.

If you are doing the Baltic itinerary you will love it but do plan well ahead as it is a very hectic trip. Even if you are not doing the Baltic you will love the Star.

Happy Sailings

from Suron in Bristol, England ;)

Archived