Deck 2

IMO, windows and portholes are for getting natural light into the cabin....but not so great for viewing anything. The ov cabins, whether on deck 2 or higher will be the same size. You can check the sq. footage on the deck plans. Remember that the sq. footage includes the bathroom space!

Deck 2 on Freedom and Liberty IIRC, no problems with the rooms.

You aren't going to get great panoramic views of anything but it is nice to be able to tell the time of day, get an idea of the weather, etc. without having to head out on deck :)

Not much motion, generally quiet, good rooms.

Been in inside and outside staterooms on deck 2 and 3 and never had any issue. They happen to be the decks with the "most" amount of cabins. However, I prefer mid-ship, middle decks because if the elevators are packed, everything is a few floors up or down where deck 2 everything is a long way up! I before taking steps, but hate climbing 10 floors.

I love deck 2 on Explorer and have stayed there several times. It is quiet as there is no need for anyone to be on the deck who is not living there. And it is great for ports of call, at least in the Caribbean, as the gangways are on deck 1 so when returning to the ship from port you can skip the line of people waiting for the elevators, walk up one flight of stairs, and you are home. Also, when at sea, there is no issue with crowed elevators and not having room to get on as when the elevator gets to deck two it is empty.

We travel with a wheelchair and scooter. We have cruised lower decks when nothing else was available in accessible cabins.

On several of the RCCL ships, we found the hallways more narrow on the lower levels. We can get a wheelchair and a scooter side by side on the upper hallways and find we cannot make it past the cleaning cart with one wheelchair on the lower decks.

This may not be an issue for you at all.

On a positive note, we found less traffic and less noise on the lower deck.

On Allure, we had a boardwalk balcony room near the diving show and it was not there were lots of people using the hallway to get from one place to another - making it a bit more crowded and noisy. This did not bother us at all, and we've booked the same room for our next cruise.

The cabin placement is not as important as the fun you will have cruising.

No where to go, but up! :p If the seas are rough, you will get your windows washed too! Seriously, it's not a bad location. I would take any cabin on a ship. I do like some better than others, but, I'm not fussy.

Gwen :)

HAHAHAHAHA! Windows washed! :D I love it.

And - I would take any cabin as well!

I was on Rhapsody for 45 days on Deck 3. I was trying to move further up before the cruise but would have had to change cabins 3 times. Not going to do that!

But, after cruising there, I LOVED Deck 3! It was quiet, cool, internet worked great in my cabin. All my friends that were on higher decks were always complaining that they could not get their room cool, noise and could not get the internet to work in there room!

Deck 2 and 3 for me from now on! :)

Oh wait! Maybe I should not say anything cause now everyone will try to book further down and the prices will go up! :eek: