Muster Drills on IOS

eem0924

What are the Muster Drills like now?

I last cruised in 2012 and we mustered out on the deck in lifejackets. I've heard that some ships conduct their Muster Drills inside, is that true?

Also what time will the Drill be for our IOS cruise which departs at 4:00pm

THANKS!!

What are the Muster Drills like now?

I last cruised in 2012 and we mustered out on the deck in lifejackets. I've heard that some ships conduct their Muster Drills inside, is that true?

Also what time will the Drill be for our IOS cruise which departs at 4:00pm

THANKS!!

Some muster stations are inside, but most are outside on deck 4. No life jackets required anymore.

The muster drills are fairly quick nowadays. No need to wear the life jacket. By 3:15 they'll be closing all the venues around the ship and by 3:30 you'll be ordered to the muster stations - some will be inside but most outside. I suspect you'll be done (provided everyone shows up) in quick order and you'll be having a drink for sailaway by 4PM easy.

Edited by nbsjcruiser

I last cruised in 2012 and we mustered out on the deck in lifejackets.

I'm surprised you had to wear your life jacket in 2012. I thought that Royal Caribbean had discontinued that practice prior to that. I don't remember having to wear mine back then.

I'm surprised you had to wear your life jacket in 2012. I thought that Royal Caribbean had discontinued that practice prior to that. I don't remember having to wear mine back then.

Seems to me they phased out the life jackets at muster when the Oasis started sailing. Wasn't that somewhere around 2009?

Likewise. Our first cruise was in 2010 on Grandeur and no life jackets were required at the muster station.