YOUR OPINION? Facination 5 day vs Victory 5 day in Feb

RecoveryDude

Hi - I am choosing between an Ocean View cabin on 5 day on Facination or Victory in FEBRUARY; Here are the particulars:

Facination: Freeport/Nassau, Oceanviews avail on ANY deck, leaves from JAX, total of $783/2 people

Victory: Half Moon Cay/Grand Turk/Nassau, Ocean View avail on deck 1 or 2 ONLY, Leaves from MIA, total of $976/2 people

Has anyone been on BOTH cruises to compare? Obviously I see that the Victory is a bigger ship and has the outdoor movie theater - However, Facination has new waterworks feature. Any other differences between these ships?

I am single and going with a single buddy of mine, he's in his 20's and I'm in my early 40's and neither of us drink alcohol but we do like to dance and have a great time. I've been on many cruises and this will be his 2nd cruise (First was on Paradiese out of TPA for a 4 day to Coz) -- of the possible ports, I have only been to Nassau and didnt do any excusion that trip.

Any opinions would be most appreciated!!! andddddddddddd.....DISCUSS!

Thanks!

-Jeff aka Recovery Dude

Hi - I am choosing between an Ocean View cabin on 5 day on Facination or Victory in FEBRUARY; Here are the particulars:

Facination: Freeport/Nassau, Oceanviews avail on ANY deck, leaves from JAX, total of $783/2 people

Victory: Half Moon Cay/Grand Turk/Nassau, Ocean View avail on deck 1 or 2 ONLY, Leaves from MIA, total of $976/2 people

Has anyone been on BOTH cruises to compare? Obviously I see that the Victory is a bigger ship and has the outdoor movie theater - However, Facination has new waterworks feature. Any other differences between these ships?

I am single and going with a single buddy of mine, he's in his 20's and I'm in my early 40's and neither of us drink alcohol but we do like to dance and have a great time. I've been on many cruises and this will be his 2nd cruise (First was on Paradiese out of TPA for a 4 day to Coz) -- of the possible ports, I have only been to Nassau and didnt do any excusion that trip.

Any opinions would be most appreciated!!! andddddddddddd.....DISCUSS!

Thanks!

-Jeff aka Recovery Dude

The Victory itinerary is by far the better choice. And Victory has a lot more balcony cabins. So even though you say you are booking an oceanview, you still might get lucky and get an upsell call closer in to sail date to upgrade to a balcony at a good price.

Have a great cruise with your buddy!

if money was no object, I would choose any ship that goes to HMC. That said the Fascination does go there, but maybe not the week you want to go.

Miami is just a bit too far for me to get to on a cheap budget, so that would add even more to the trip-

I like the sea days on the Fascination, time to relax, attend a Bill W meeting (sometimes I am the only one there) play on the water slides, but any ship is better than a desk-so based on itinerary-go to HMC! and have fun.:)

I've been on both - multiple times on the Fascination, but i would pick the Victory. In my opinion there is more to do and Grand Turk and HMC would totally sway my choice.

Have a great cruise whatever you choose.

Thanks for the opinions so far!!! I gotta say im surprised that everyone likes HMC so much ?! I thought that was just a "private island" owned by Carnival? I could be wrong but I thought it was just a generic place designed to get me to purchase expensive/generic excursions?? What am I missing?? I do like excursions and water activities but i just thought I would enjoy a "real" destination like Nassau as opposed to HMC .... Can someone please school me on this??? :) thank you!!!!

Do you like the clearest water you have ever been in, you can see you toes, artic blue, Caribbean blue, the colors change with the depth of the sea. the sand is soft, no rocks, no need for water shoes, the waves lap gently on the beach, you can walk in and just float. float. not struggle to float. the sun shines down, and the palm trees and Australian pines blow gently in the breeze. there is no rush, there is no gotta , there is just you, no need to spend extra money on anything. just be. there is nothing better. when you get hungry, don your flip flops, grab a burger, and just breathe.

the sound of reggae wafts in the breeze, and you think, it cant get better than this, and you are right.:D

I've never been on the Victory but I like her itinerary better. The Fascination is the only ship I've ever sailed on that I didn't like. I had a great time with the DH, DS and his BFF but the ship itself was so blah to me. I just didn't like it.

HMC...OMG, what's not to like...it's like heaven!:D

Victory hands down! I always cruise this time of year. Sailin outta J-ville in Feb is iffy at best. Far better to sail from Miami so your first/last days aren't cold. Also, Victory itinerary far better. I'm not crazy about the Bahamas + Freeport is downright bad. Both itineraries are in the N. Atlantic. IMO, I'd be lookin at the 5 days to the Caribbean outta Miami. Same prices, better itineraries, much better weather.

If it were up to me, I would do the Victory. The Fascination was just ok, our service was kind of lacking, but the servers change out. Maybe even supervisors have changed. Freeport and Nassau - you can go there anytime, lots of itineraries there.

Victory is a little larger with the stadium type seating on the Lido, a prettier ship IMO and the itinerary with going to HMC is a definite yes!

Victory definitely has the better itinerary,

A couple of questions would help in making the decision.

Are you flying, or driving to port, and from where?,

How tight is your budget? (Two hundred dollars is not an insignificant amount of money and would buy a LOT of drinks or a couple of excursions).

Half Moon Cay is a "no excursion needed" port. It's the best beach! Beautiful. Carnival provides a buffet lunch for free. All you pay for would be drinks. You can rent cabanas and water equipment, but we just relaxed, swam, snorkeled, etc. if you want to walk the island a little, it's beautiful, too. Victory is a great ship!