Halfway Point Stop

ashevillenccruiser

Hello! I know this is a specific ask, so we will take any advice you may have. We are driving from NC to Ft Lauderdale for a cruise. We were looking for a halfway ( really a little more) stop. We looked at Daytona /Ormond Beach and Titusville. We were amazed at the difference in pricing. Has anyone stayed around Titusville and how was it?

Hello! I know this is a specific ask, so we will take any advice you may have. We are driving from NC to Ft Lauderdale for a cruise. We were looking for a halfway ( really a little more) stop. We looked at Daytona /Ormond Beach and Titusville. We were amazed at the difference in pricing. Has anyone stayed around Titusville and how was it?

Does your cruise depart the second day or the third day?

If it is the third, I'd stay in Jacksonville/St. Augustine.

I have no idea what is going on but there could be a race in Daytona. Bike Week is in March so it could be something else.

I grew up in Titusville and it is fine. However, I recommend that you stay at the Holiday Inn, Hampton Inn or Fairfield Inn. They are all in one cluster, next to a Cracker Barrel. Any of the other hotels in town are at least 40 years old. If you have time, eat at Dixie Crossroads for the rock shrimp.

Technically the halfway point would be end of Georgia lol

If your considering driving up to Titusville it seems like it would make sense to push on and do the last 190 miles to Lauderdale. At least that way you have a full day to enjoy rather then driving the 2nd day.

On another note between hotels, gas and 11 hours of driving have you considered flying?

Cheapy airline Allegiant has flights out of Concord regional airport (An hour 45 min from you) and looks like at this moment pretty much all of October is $48 each way plus bag fee.

Edited by jb456

Technically the halfway point would be end of Georgia lol

If your considering driving up to Titusville it seems like it would make sense to push on and do the last 190 miles to Lauderdale. At least that way you have a full day to enjoy rather then driving the 2nd day.

On another note between hotels, gas and 11 hours of driving have you considered flying?

Cheapy airline Allegiant has flights out of Concord regional airport (An hour 45 min from you) and looks like at this moment pretty much all of October is $48 each way plus bag fee.

My husband frequently flies Allegiant from FLL to Asheville to see his parents (he loves the direct flight) but the flights are limited. I think they are only Tuesday and Thursday right now. Score if that works for the OP!

My husband frequently flies Allegiant from FLL to Asheville to see his parents (he loves the direct flight) but the flights are limited. I think they are only Tuesday and Thursday right now. Score if that works for the OP!

I did check right from Asheville but the prices were higher. So next best airport was the Concord one.

Well if your driving do consider doing the complete 10.5 hour drive right to Fort Lauderdale. This way you have an entire day to enjoy things without having to drive the 2nd day.

Edited by jb456

We're from Columbia, SC ... so several hours closer than you BUT love stopping in Melbourne FL at the full service Holiday Inn directly on I-95.

(We leave Columbia at about 8 AM and are there by about 3 PM with a lunch stop.)

Then, it's only about 3 to 4 hours to Ft. Lauderdale ... depending on traffic.

LuLu