Onboard shopping - Deals on watches , sunglasses , etc...???.

cobs00

Before I board on the Carnival Breeze this Sunday, what kind of deals if any can you find on duty free shopping.....particularly watches and sunglasses?

I will be visiting sawgrass mills outlets tomorrow and wondering where the better deal may be.

Please advise.

Thanks

I'd compare shopping on a ship like shopping at an airport, unless you absolutely need it don't bother.

If you are looking into watches, depending on where the boat is porting, you can find some amazing deals on the islands as long as you are a savy shopper and have researched the items you are interested in. Just make sure you get all the "paper work" with your watch and the original box. St. Maarten has some super deals and there are some very reputable places.

Port vs on board vs Sawgrass??? Much depends upon the quality and brands you are looking for. Rarely have I seen a really good deal on a ship, but I once passed up a piece of Steven Coin fine jewelry on another line at $700 to find out it couldn't be found anywhere for under $1000. Know what you are looking for and what the retail price is before shopping. You can find some really good bargains at Sawgrass but to some that's saving $10 on a $100 item to others it's saving $2000 on a $10,000 item

Be an educated consumer!

Unfortunately, most of the things for sale in the shops is "made in china" crap:( There are a few exceptions as noted by a few posters, but generally things are way overpriced and you will do better on land.

Before I board on the Carnival Breeze this Sunday, what kind of deals if any can you find on duty free shopping.....particularly watches and sunglasses?

I will be visiting sawgrass mills outlets tomorrow and wondering where the better deal may be.

Please advise.

Thanks

Way back in 2004 on the Triumph, I bought a dressy Seiko watch for 70.00, and to this day it is working well. I just need to replace the battery every couple of years. I have seen similar watches here at home in jewelry stores and they have always been much more money.

I dont know about sunglasses, but have gotten some very nice scarves, and bags in the shops. Have a great cruise.:)

Be careful with the store on the ship. I was looking at a citizen watch that I really liked and after the guy told me it was waterproof to 350 ft. I thought about it for a couple of days and went back and he told me the same thing and what a great warranty it had. The watch was $650. I bought it. When I got home and looked at the little booklet, I found out that it was only splash proof and sweat proof. Not water proof, not good for diving, swimming, snorkeling. I called Carnival and was told they don't have anything to do with the store and gave me a number to call. I called and was told they have a no refund policy. After haggling with them about the false claim and all the other options I had on watches, I finally got a refund after about 2 months. Be sure of your purchase. I had to fight to get my money back. Don't believe everything the sales person says. Lesson learned.

Be careful with the store on the ship. I was looking at a citizen watch that I really liked and after the guy told me it was waterproof to 350 ft. I thought about it for a couple of days and went back and he told me the same thing and what a great warranty it had. The watch was $650. I bought it. When I got home and looked at the little booklet, I found out that it was only splash proof and sweat proof. Not water proof, not good for diving, swimming, snorkeling.

If you had looked at the back of the watch the waterproof standards for that watch are printed on there, that would have been a giveaway.