Wine package, coffee and soda cards

Carter7568

The wine has to be sourced from the dining room to which you are allocated. In answer to your question, it depends on how willing/busy they are in the bar.

If they normally stock the wine in that bar they can provide it and sort the logistics out later, otherwise the server will need to go to the dining room to fetch it for you.

With the exception of prosecco most of the wines on the commodore package are not sold in the bars.

The same applies to the alternative dining venues so it would be helpful to them if you gave them some notice of what wine you require.

New to P&O as well. Can the wine on the package be taken into the various bars as well, or is it just for the MDR?

Thanks.

If you have bottle you have not finished you can take it and drink elsewhere. Only I think they like you to get fresh glasses. That last bit may be wrong. :)

Are there any restrictions to what you can order with the coffee card? I know it says Primo coffees on the description on the P and O web page but I'm not sure what that means, does anyone know if this includes iced lattes ? I have never bought one before but if it includes the speciality coffees I might consider it

Are there any restrictions to what you can order with the coffee card? I know it says Primo coffees on the description on the P and O web page but I'm not sure what that means, does anyone know if this includes iced lattes ? I have never bought one before but if it includes the speciality coffees I might consider it

Just discovered Primo is the size not the range I obviously don't frequent Costa :rolleyes:

Never had a problem here with the Commodore package either, we find it good value :)

Are there any particular wines on the package you would recommend. We don't mind and drink red and white....

Did you order before you go?

Thanks

Edited by Carter7568

• 3 weeks later...

Cunard (like P and O it's a Carnival company) have the same system. We ordered a 12 bottle package at the start of our cruise and were given a book of vouchers - we just handed one in for each bottle we ordered from the selection. White or red depending on what we were eating. Worked well.

If you have bottle you have not finished you can take it and drink elsewhere. Only I think they like you to get fresh glasses. That last bit may be wrong. :)

Last time we did this we basically had fairly full glasses and no wine left in the bottle we asked if we were ok to take it out at the end and head for a show, the waiters were fine but poured the wine into a different glass for us that is used around the rest of the ship. The table wine glasses are specific to the restaurants.

on the previous version of the wine package the wine waiter in the restaurant kept the book of tickets and just got us to sign each one as we used it. Now you can have whatever bottle you want as long as it is still available I wonder how they do it.

We don't bother with packages now. It's too limiting - we prefer to choose from the whole wine list each night. Sometimes (shock horror) we just drink water with dinner. It's always worth doing the buffet when the Indian nights are on and that means lager, not wine. We take gin, Prosecco and wine onboard with us for cabin usage. We buy top up drinks onshore as we need them. If I was a big fizzy drink fan, I would take a case of coke onboard with me. We've had coffee cards in the past but you only save the price of one coffee and we have often ended up with 2 left on the card. Don't remember to have a coffee everyday - there's so much to do!

We haven't purchased the wine package as we are usually happy with P&O house wine, with a different bottle off the wine list every now and again.

We do purchase the coffee card usually 2 for a a14 night cruise

WE'd agree with that. Also you can order carafe, half-carafe or a bottle with a different wine off the list on formal nights. The wines are pretty fairly priced and you can try anything off the wine list rather than being limited.

I bought a coffee card on board Azura last year, I enjoy iced coffee but rarely drink it hot. I was told that the card buys only hot coffees, not iced. Nor hot chocolate or tea. I came home with the card unused :(

I bought a coffee card on board Azura last year, I enjoy iced coffee but rarely drink it hot. I was told that the card buys only hot coffees, not iced. Nor hot chocolate or tea. I came home with the card unused :(

I would have questioned that as on the web site it says

Costa Coffee Card – save up to 25%

Price: £21.50

Enjoy 10 of your favourite coffees. Includes primo sized cappuccino, latte, americano, mocha, coffee cooler, iced latte or iced cappuccino.

I know we buy them and I have an iced coffee.

Regards

W&P

• 4 weeks later...
Do recall the cost? I can't see the house wine in the downloadable wine list from the P&O website.

Thanks

Martin

The house wine is Bon Viveur blended by Olly Smith, white, red or rosé. Can't remember how much, I think around £14.

Do recall the cost? I can't see the house wine in the downloadable wine list from the P&O website.

Thanks

Martin

I think it was nearer £16 - it might vary across the fleet though, I've noticed inconsistencies before [emoji51] Will be able to confirm in a couple of weeks!

Edited by Florry